Trump wins South Carolina

Auburnfan91

More from Rubio ...

After a second-place finish in South Carolina on Saturday, Marco Rubio distinguished himself from Donald Trump.

“I don't believe that he has exhibited an understanding of foreign policy, which is the most important job of the commander-in-chief,” the Florida senator said on Sunday morning.” And to say I'm just going to surround myself with really smart people, you know, that's not enough. Surrounding yourself with smart people alone is not enough.

"You, yourself, have to make judgments. You have to understand these things.”

Rubio was speaking on ABC’s “This Week."

The Florida senator also attempted to distinguish himself from Trump as a uniter for the country.

“And the other problem is, our next president has to be someone that can bring this country together, some level of unity. Not unanimity, we're not going to agree on every issue, but someone that will seek to unite Americans, not pit us against each other," he said.

Rubio has brushed off Trump's eligibility claims because Trump went after Cruz. He was ignored, and didn't so much ' brush back Trump '. If Rubio's stock rises, Trump will open up his full barrage of insults on him as well. Seems it worked in S.Carolina, which is disappointing.

Archived