Need help with my marching orders please.

The Plainsman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thought...both CDC and CKB are inarguably Auburn Men...in their seasons as student athletes, they lived it, and as coaches, they did/will bring another dimension. But to use the analogy of youth ministry and at a lesser extent in teaching high school (where the curriculum is designed to supercede the relationship), there is a freshness that CKB (27 years old) brings to the "present generation" that even CDC (at 41) cannot match. Recruitment is about connection. You have to be "just young enough" to relate, without being "too young" to be "one of them." CKB is unproven as a recruiter, and herein lies the gripe, as compared to the proven. But remember...

rad

bitchen'

on fleek

bad

bad is all

groovy

all that (and a bag of chips)

"da bomb"

cool, cat

And I was outdated long before "cool, cat." A lot gets lost in translation even five years apart. Hot button issues change overnight, and social media acceleration changes even sooner than that. It's impossible to keep up. And my two told me the other day I had better not even THINK of using "on fleek" with teens in 2016, even with it being a 2016 "candy conversation heart" on Sunday, so excuse me for indulging here. :Sing: "Be Mine" is no longer.

Say Goodbye To 'On Fleek,' 'Basic' And 'Squad' In 2016 And ...

www.mtv.com/news/2720889/teen-slang-2016/

:-\ :wareagle:

Not sure I would say Kodi is a "AU Man". Really not sure at this point I'd say "DC" is an "AU Man".

It's sad to see a fanbase so divided.

Yep.

We do it every 3-5 years, like clockwork. The funny thing is that we actually get excited about the future after a little success, then get shocked and angry when things don't work out. There's obviously some larger internal issues that need to be worked out, but instead we just blame the head coach EVERY time.

It's sad to see a fanbase so divided.

Yep.

We do it every 3-5 years, like clockwork. The funny thing is that we actually get excited about the future after a little success, then get shocked and angry when things don't work out. There's obviously some larger internal issues that need to be worked out, but instead we just blame the head coach EVERY time.

There is a reason AU has not won 10 games back to back in what 30 years?

There's obviously some larger internal issues that need to be worked out, but instead we just blame the head coach EVERY time.

We did have the best 3 year run of any team in the country from '04-'06. I don't suppose we should be surprised that it happened under a coach who was famously not a yes man.

There's obviously some larger internal issues that need to be worked out, but instead we just blame the head coach EVERY time.

We did have the best 3 year run of any team in the country from '04-'06. I don't suppose we should be surprised that it happened under a coach who was famously not a yes man.

Ole Tubs. Would have won back to back NC's if Ole Tub's would have hired a real OC instead of Nall.

If Malzahn turns out another 6-6, 7-5 or even 8-4 record he'll be gone anyway. And should that happen, then Jacobs should also be fired.

I tend to agree with 6-6, but 8-4 and I think things are back on track... And moving forward with little coaching turnover after 2016.

8-4 back on track really? At what point did we at Auburn start celebrating mediocrity? If we wanted to watch and 8-4 football team then we should have just kept Tuberville. Do you know why Auburn really can't win consistently? Because fans like you support inconsistent coaches. Because fans like you think an Auburn football team loaded with top 10 recruiting classes should call 8-4 a success. With our talent we should win 10 games next year. We have amazing QB's. The problem is they are not being developed. Have some standards above 8-4.

^ What brought you to the conclusion that we had anything amazing going on with our QBs? Amazingly bad to inconsistent maybe. SW looked better but I think a lot of the SW love here might be based on what he WASN'T doing. Like throwing picks right in between the numbers to DBs and LBs.

If Malzahn turns out another 6-6, 7-5 or even 8-4 record he'll be gone anyway. And should that happen, then Jacobs should also be fired.

I tend to agree with 6-6, but 8-4 and I think things are back on track... And moving forward with little coaching turnover after 2016.

8-4 back on track really? At what point did we at Auburn start celebrating mediocrity? If we wanted to watch and 8-4 football team then we should have just kept Tuberville. Do you know why Auburn really can't win consistently? Because fans like you support inconsistent coaches. Because fans like you think an Auburn football team loaded with top 10 recruiting classes should call 8-4 a success. With our talent we should win 10 games next year. We have amazing QB's. The problem is they are not being developed. Have some standards above 8-4.

Let's take a step back... First, 8-4 is not mediocre, especially when you have arguably the toughest schedule in the country. There were 3 teams in the top 25, last season, who had 4 losses. Second, the fans have NOTHING to do with winning, the staff, etc. All of those decisions are made by people who could honestly give a crap what the fans think. What they care about is what the people who dump large amounts of money into the program think, and those people have a very itchy trigger finger when it comes to coaches. In fact, I would argue that Auburn can't win consistently because those same people make it nearly impossible to keep a full staff around for more than a couple of years, and do their level best to have more control over the team than they should.

What sort of Auburn name is "ToomersStreet" anyway? There is no such street. Do we think this guy has ever been to Auburn, Alabama?

We sure do have a bunch of whiney wimps on this message board. Our biggest problem has been turnover in head coaches. Now the hand-wringers want to do THAT all over again.

Gus & Co. can and most likely will have a team that shows big improvement next year. Get used to the idea, even if you hate it.

+1

One more thought...both CDC and CKB are inarguably Auburn Men...in their seasons as student athletes, they lived it, and as coaches, they did/will bring another dimension. But to use the analogy of youth ministry and at a lesser extent in teaching high school (where the curriculum is designed to supercede the relationship), there is a freshness that CKB (27 years old) brings to the "present generation" that even CDC (at 41) cannot match. Recruitment is about connection. You have to be "just young enough" to relate, without being "too young" to be "one of them." CKB is unproven as a recruiter, and herein lies the gripe, as compared to the proven. But remember...

rad

bitchen'

on fleek

bad

bad is all

groovy

"da bomb"

cool, cat

And I was outdated long before "cool, cat." A lot gets lost in translation even five years apart. Hot button issues change overnight, and social media acceleration changes even sooner than that. It's impossible to keep up. And my two told me the other day I had better not even THINK of using "on fleek" with teens in 2016, even with it being a 2016 "candy conversation heart" on Sunday, so excuse me for indulging here. :Sing:/> "Be Mine" is no longer.

:-\/> :wareagle:/>

Not sure I would say Kodi is a "AU Man". Really not sure at this point I'd say "DC" is an "AU Man".

No silver lining for you yet, huh? Loooong season in 3--2--1... ;-)

rad

bitchen'

on fleek

bad

bad is all

groovy

"da bomb"

cool, cat

And I was outdated long before "cool, cat." A lot gets lost in translation even five years apart. Hot button issues change overnight, and social media acceleration changes even sooner than that. It's impossible to keep up. And my two told me the other day I had better not even THINK of using "on fleek" with teens in 2016, even with it being a 2016 "candy conversation heart" on Sunday, so excuse me for indulging here. :Sing: "Be Mine" is no longer.

:-\ :wareagle:

Kodi is.....DC is as well. Time to rise up and get it together.

Archived