2016 Tx Tech GT QB Davis Webb (Flip to Cal 5/18/16)

JMassie11

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp. Enjoyed the conversation on the topic. If another guy pops up on the radar, then y'all don't have to hear my incessant ramblings about it.

Please stay healthy, Sean.

^No, there is another...

2B6C34D100000578-3200611-Boo_ya_Daisy_Ridley_and_John_Boyega_revealed_their_Rey_and_Finn_-m-10_1439798158941.jpg

Big fan.

Who is that?

The new Luke Skywalker.

I need to get out more.

Get used to that face. It will be around for a long long time.

Actually she's thought to be Anakin Skywalker reincarnated through the force, but who follows it that closely anyway.

Lord, please help me to not unleash my nerd fury and derail this thread...

Is she trying to catch something in her mouth?

Ummm...is that a trick question??

67-6Sa3z_normal.jpg BruceFeldmanCFB

BREAKING #TexasTech grad transfer QB Davis Webb tells @FoxSports he has committed to #Colorado: https://t.co/JMagIEc84I

1/27/16, 9:41 AM

Great! Now this thread and the question of us taking a 6th QB on board can both be buried. I'll drink to that.

That's good.....but just a reminder that when it comes to QBs it's a matter of quality and not quantity.....more of them on the roster is not necessarily better. I'm with McLoofus on this one.

67-6Sa3z_normal.jpg BruceFeldmanCFB

BREAKING #TexasTech grad transfer QB Davis Webb tells @FoxSports he has committed to #Colorado: https://t.co/JMagIEc84I

1/27/16, 9:41 AM

Great! Now this thread and the question of us taking a 6th QB on board can both be buried. I'll drink to that.

That's good.....but just a reminder that when it comes to QBs it's a matter of quality and not quantity.....more of them on the roster is not necessarily better. I'm with McLoofus on this one.

Yup. Also, this doesn't mean we're not taking another quarterback.

By all means, though, Mikey, enjoy your drink.

Colorado eh? Guess winning wasn't high on his wish list...

As far as we know he didn't have an offer from Auburn. That would tend to influence his decision a bit...

As far as we know he didn't have an offer from Auburn. That would tend to influence his decision a bit...

And a potential transfer to Colorado from Tennessee changed his mind at the last minute which opened up the slot at Colo. If a guy wants to play QB he has to go where they need the help. Winning is good of course....but just getting to play regularly is pretty damn nice too. Hope ti works out for him.

And a potential transfer to Colorado from Tennessee changed his mind at the last minute which opened up the slot at Colo. If a guy wants to play QB he has to go where they need the help. Winning is good of course....but just getting to play regularly is pretty damn nice too. Hope ti works out for him.

Yup again. He also had a connection to Colorado. Former coach or something.

Unless JF-III or Barrett comes in and takes charge right away, we're in deep trouble again next year at QB.

Not if Sean wins the job & stays healthy.

Unless JF-III or Barrett comes in and takes charge right away, we're in deep trouble again next year at QB.

Sean White and/or Tyler Queen would take exception to that way of thinking.

• 2 months later...

Welp. This 1 ain't over. Moving it back to the AU forum.

@ClowESPN 1h1 hour ago

Texas Tech grad transfer QB Davis Webb told colleague @Jake_Trotter today that he plans to visit Auburn. Would be eligible immediately.

Quick article

After a subpar showing across the board at the quarterback position during Saturday's A-Day spring game, could Auburn be looking at a potential fourth option this fall?

ESPN's reporting Texas Tech graduate transfer Davis Webb, who's thrown for 5,557 yards and 46 touchdowns during his collegiate career, is taking a visit to the Plains in the near future.

Though talented, Webb's not exactly a scheme-fit signal caller for the Tigers having spent three seasons in the Air Raid offense as a wiry, 6-foot-5 pocket passer. Webb's currently committed to play at Colorado, but reportedly visited Cal this weekend.

As a graduate transfer, Webb is eligible to play in 2016. The former three-star pro-style quarterback signed with the Red Raiders in 2013 and played in 10 games as a true freshman. He holds a career completion percentage of 61.4.

Well maybe this post will light a fire into the "it was only a spring game" crew that likes to play the "we will be fine" card every night right before bed to ease the heart burn and and the depressing dissonance of having underwhelming quarterbacks.

Nothing like finding more ammo to muddle a already muddled QB race. Now add a POCKET Passer totally to the mix? Could Malzahn even find a way to utilize him...

Nothing like finding more ammo to muddle a already muddled QB race. Now add a POCKET Passer totally to the mix? Could Malzahn even find a way to utilize him...

Yes. If he were to come in & win the job Gus could use his old Tulsa or the Briles' Baylor forms of the spread. He & Rhett visited Briles a few weeks ago remember to get some ideas.

So Webb is headed to Colorado huh? oh well. It's pretty clear that winning is not at the top of his to do list.

LMAO. He is still open to options & is visiting AU soon on AU's dime. That's why the thread was moved back over from the Rivals section.

So Webb is headed to Colorado huh? oh well. It's pretty clear that winning is not at the top of his to do list.

LMAO. He is still open to options & is visiting AU soon on AU's dime. That's why the thread was moved back over from the Rivals section.

My Buddy, you are wasting your time. I do appreciate the effort.

Yes. If he were to come in & win the job Gus could use his old Tulsa or the Briles' Baylor forms of the spread. He & Rhett visited Briles a few weeks ago remember to get some ideas.

I remember that. So i thought that would favor Sean White since he fits more of the Tulsa QB mold.

Was Briles offense more of the pocket passer mode? But Malzahn knew how to use this type of QB since he coached at Tulsa and Chris Todd his first year at AU.

Archived