question on powers that be in auburn

aubiefifty

i read on here recently about wayne bolt sitting in on coaching staffs observing what is going on. does this or did this not create the walking on eggshells or other distractions around them? also is this common practice? do other schools do it and do they have success because of it? if i was coaching it would hack my lily because it shows that all though i was hired to do a job they ultimately do not trust me. and if this is true why did those who keep watch not see the season we had coming? and once again this is not a troll but an honest question. i ask for several reasons and one is the rumor auburn will never be great until dye is removed from auburn affairs. i do not believe this but i believe wayne and dye are buddies then maybe bolts actions make it appear dye is butting in. does anyone know the truth?

Not sure of the relationship. I appreciate what Coach Dye did for Auburn in his 12 years as coach, but when he called two of our quarterbacks "cowards" about three years ago, I lost my respect for him.

Pat Dye's age and health prevents him from meddling excessively in the day-to-day operations of Auburn football. The Wayne Bolt days were over the minute Gene Chizik was fired. Malzhan allows his defensive coordinators to do their job uninterrrupted.

thank you mr kessler. my bottom line was i was worried it was still happening. and yes i love coach dye for all he has done...mostly making bama come to auburn to play so it is fair for everyone............

Pat Dye's age and health prevents him from meddling excessively in the day-to-day operations of Auburn football. The Wayne Bolt days were over the minute Gene Chizik was fired. Malzhan allows his defensive coordinators to do their job uninterrrupted.

This. Dye has not been involved with the inner workings with AU football for years. That rumor isn't true at all.

I figured Rane.....but we keep seeing references to PTB (and I make them myself) but the serious question is.....who among alums, BOT or whatever are the folks whose approval is necessary to do anything meaningful in the athletic department?

It's rarely the AD....I recall the new AD at U of Texas thought he ran their athletic department....he lasted about a year....and we sure know that Bill Battle does not call the shots at UAT.

Hoping some folks pretty close to the program can give us the names.

I figured Rane.....but we keep seeing references to PTB (and I make them myself) but the serious question is.....who among alums, BOT or whatever are the folks whose approval is necessary to do anything meaningful in the athletic department?

It's rarely the AD....I recall the new AD at U of Texas thought he ran their athletic department....he lasted about a year....and we sure know that Bill Battle does not call the shots at UAT.

Hoping some folks pretty close to the program can give us the names.

Follow the money, I am sure the PTB are the biggest donors. Who those are, I do not know. All they have to do is threaten to put the checkbook up.....

if yella wood can show his behind on the sideline to tubs on a nationally televised game i am thinking there is no telling what goes on behind closed doors.

Is Byron Franklin still on the BOT's? I think he was during jetgate. I'm pretty sure Pat Dye something to do with Jay Jacobs being named AD back in 2004. Why? because Jay played for Pat in the 80s.

Here are the members of the current Board of Trustees:

http://www.auburn.ed...ation/trustees/

Thanks.....those are mostly political appointments.....Harbert is big contributor to the university but not necessarily to the athletic program. Expect most of the big money comes from outside the BOT.

What is PTB?

Not to be an arse, but read the thread title again.

Archived