i wonder...........

aubiefifty

if any of yall are interested in a LETTER campaign written to the auburn team letting them know we got their back. period. emotion and attitude are powerful motivators. if we flooded the ath dept with lettesr of support i believe it would fire the team up. you think most of those guys are not hurting? i wish we could make it snow letters because i truly believe in my heart it would help things. so how many of you real auburn fans would take a minute out of your day or evening to back up your claims of love for auburn. and once again this is not a troll. trolling does not interest me just so yall know. if enough people are interested i will go google the landmail addy and post it later.

Why not? It can't hurt and it only helps moving forward.

rock on my auburn brother!

Whenever yall do, let me know. I want to apply to work in the AD as a secretary and message board liaison once all the letters start rolling in.

Whenever yall do, let me know. I want to apply to work in the AD as a secretary and message board liaison once all the letters start rolling in.

hahaha, wonder what the daily duties for a "message board liaison" would be listed as? "Yo, Player X, come here a second. Yea, man, how's it going? Tough game Saturday, huh? Well, AUtroll15 says you are the worst excuse for a 5* ever evaluated and hopes your degree path is a lucrative one because your football skills sure won't pay the bills."

On a more serious note, aubiefifty, what might actually be nice for the players is to develop a positive meme or something of the like and get the fans propagating it on the net. That's more the world these kids live in. Just be ready for the bama backlash that s certain to talk place.

hahaha, wonder what the daily duties for a "message board liaison" would be listed as? "Yo, Player X, come here a second. Yea, man, how's it going? Tough game Saturday, huh? Well, AUtroll15 says you are the worst excuse for a 5* ever evaluated and hopes your degree path is a lucrative one because your football skills sure won't pay the bills."

Haha Cha Ching!!! But don't discount the fact that I'd be teaching the players how to get their message board cred up too! Rule number one: don't be a linebacker!

you need to lay out a plan that includes who de we send this to? (address, etc.) general outline of what to say. I think if we have a more specific plan, it will yield excellent results no doubt.

you address them to the auburn football team c/o the auburn ath department. but ask yourself this. what if you walked in to practice and there were a couple of boxes full of letters showing support. i would sure try harder. plus a great letter or so might end up on a bulletin board. when the going gets tough is when you know if you love auburn or not. you can bash them or support them. we are all family right? wink.

On a more serious note, aubiefifty, what might actually be nice for the players is to develop a positive meme or something of the like and get the fans propagating it on the net. That's more the world these kids live in. Just be ready for the bama backlash that it certain to talk place.

Yep....but just imagine the snail mail rolling in out of the blue.

Mailbags.jpg

The movie "It Could Happen to You"...yeah! Count me in!!

Whatever you do, check with the compliance department first...

"Providing gifts of any kind, including birthday cards, holiday gifts, graduation gifts, clothing, entertainment, or cars to student-athletes is an inpermissable extra benefit. This includes the time after the student-athlete exhausts his/her eligibility"

wow. close to a thousand views and only a very small number. auburn is family right? not a slogan but a creed we claim so where is the love? auburn football fell doan and scraped both knee's. now is when family steps up to CARE for their loved ones. tis ok folks. i will just write by myself. thanks for reading the post anyway..........

wow. close to a thousand views and only a very small number. auburn is family right? not a slogan but a creed we claim so where is the love? auburn football fell doan and scraped both knee's. now is when family steps up to CARE for their loved ones. tis ok folks. i will just write by myself. thanks for reading the post anyway..........

Look....I am as big a supporter/horn blower of the Auburn Creed as anyone in this joint. People care...it's just a difficult time for a lot of Auburn faithful when it comes to athletics. I admit that it's a lot worse these days than in previous years but a lot of that has to do with turning on the TV and seeing 24/7 turd nation driven down our throats. It is what it is.

As long as your admonishing others for not jumping at your idea, be sure to write letters to the basketball team who lost their last game, the baseball team who unexpectedly lost their coach and the women's BBall team that has struggled for years, or the tennis team that struggled in the fall tournament... I assume you feel just as strongly about those situations as you do the football players, who unlike most of those other athletes, get a full scholarship whether they win or not?

Look, I'm not knocking your idea; but I find it odd that you're so concerned about the "family" when the football team has a down year but have none of the same thoughts with any other Auburn teams/students. Trust me, the other sports athletes that don't have rich parents and have to pay their own way could use a helping hand a heck of a lot more than a football player on full scholly majoring in basket weaving that had a down year in football. JMO. Again, not knocking your idea, I think it's a good one, just don't expect everyone to feel the same way about pampering an already pampered football team while ignoring the rest of the "family".

that was not aimed at you emt. i should have kept my mouth shut but i have so much love for my tigers i almost puked my response up. shrugs it is what it is. but thanx emt for trying to help and join in. and i will believe until the day i pass that something small and cheap would mean a lot to our players.

Fifty, even when my own family members are down, I don't always choose writing letters as the go to form of encouraging my family. As a matter of fact, I never write letters to them. Welcome to modern day America. The notion that if you believe in the Auburn family, then you should want to write letters to the Auburn football team is ridiculous. Besides, what makes you think the players are wanting to read a bunch of letters from fans anyway?

If you want to show the players they still have your support, show up to the game in Birmingham.

i cannot make it to birmingham because i gave every spare dime i had to toys for tots this year because the shelves are mostly empty in my area. and yes i guess stuff has passed me by. i just thought it was a classy way to show support and hoping the family thing would separate us from say turd fans. do you think they support their team and try to motivate them? they want to throw a brick through a window.also i did not mention the basketball team because number one this is the football forum for the record. and because no one is all over pearl and company. shrugs i admit i think differently than others. i still stand by my idea reguardless of who likes it and who does not. thanks for playing tho...........

Truth is, if anyone sent anything in, odds are it would never get to the football players because the compliance department wouldn't want to take the risk that it came off as an impermissible benefit. Unfortunately, while your heart is in the right place, Fifty, the only way we're allowed to support our team is either virtually through Twitter and the like, by showing up to the games, or by giving them a pat on the back if we happen to make contact. Sending them anything physical, even a piece of paper, is a gray area that our rock star compliance team won't tread in.

Truth is, if anyone sent anything in, odds are it would never get to the football players because the compliance department wouldn't want to take the risk that it came off as an impermissible benefit. Unfortunately, while your heart is in the right place, Fifty, the only way we're allowed to support our team is either virtually through Twitter and the like, by showing up to the games, or by giving them a pat on the back if we happen to make contact. Sending them anything physical, even a piece of paper, is a gray area that our rock star compliance team won't tread in.

ok thank you. instead of bashing you just told me something i did not know. i have written the players before when dye was coach. of course puters were just coming around. when i joined the service all a computer was was some weird thing that did punch out cards.

Archived