so if we lose the birmingham bowl

aubiefifty

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping Memphis will be a completely different team without their coach. SW should be healthy by the bowl game so I feel like our offense will move the ball. I see Auburn winning a 34-31 kinda game. Which defense plays the best will be the difference maker. Memphis is a good team so losing to them this season isn't reason to set the couches on fire or shot the tv. A win would be big going into the off season for Auburn.

I'm hoping Memphis will be a completely different team without their coach. SW should be healthy by the bowl game so I feel like our offense will move the ball. I see Auburn winning a 34-31 kinda game. Which defense plays the best will be the difference maker. Memphis is a good team so losing to them this season isn't reason to set the couches on fire or shot the tv. A win would be big going into the off season for Auburn.

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

I don't know, the fact that a good bit is very accepting to a loss from Memphis is pretty messed up imo

I'd agree any year but this one. This is a Memphis team that beat the 2nd best team in the SEC by 10 points. I do believe Ole Miss is the 2nd best after the season ended.

I don't know, the fact that a good bit is very accepting to a loss from Memphis is pretty messed up imo

I want to win every single game we play. A losing season would be ridiculous. We better go into this game playing hard to win it!

i believe memphis is a really good team and if the coaching change is not a distraction i think we are a dog fight. it is what it is. someone said they were not great stopping the running game so this gives me hope. and if we do not hire a dc until after OUR bowl game it gives gus the chance to see coach thompson in action. who knows at this point...........

If we lose this bowl game, it won't look good for Gus. He's already lost back to back bowl games and a 3rd bowl loss is good. Besides, a 6-7 record will not cut it at big time football program like Auburn.

i believe memphis is a really good team and if the coaching change is not a distraction i think we are a dog fight. it is what it is. someone said they were not great stopping the running game so this gives me hope. and if we do not hire a dc until after OUR bowl game it gives gus the chance to see coach thompson in action. who knows at this point...........

and Coach Scott

“Familiarity breeds success in college football.

For Memphis, they have all the tools to understand, dissect and dissolve Gus Malzahn's offense in the Birmingham Bowl on Dec. 30.”

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/12/why_gus_malzahn_coaching_ties_could_break_auburn_in_birmingham_bowl.html

You can dismiss anything that is from THAT source and THAT moron.

I couldn't care less at this point if we win or lose that game. The practice is really what they needed. The outcome is meaningless really.

Not to Gus I can promise you that.

I couldn't care less at this point if we win or lose that game. The practice is really what they needed. The outcome is meaningless really.

Not saying that Gus and players won't take it seriously but the game will mean nothing as far as this season is concerned IMO....and nothing that gives any hint about next season either if past history is any indication. Coaching staff is patchwork, many key newcomers who should play a big role next year won't be here.....so ....just accept it as entertainment and don't read anything into it...any more than we do an A day game.

Golf, I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to ask this question, but seems as good as any given your response to weegs. You'd stated during the season that Gus needed to make changes and listen to people suggesting he make different changes. Do you feel like he has begun to make those changes and is listening to those that he should?

Not saying that Gus and players won't take it seriously but the game will mean nothing as far as this season is concerned IMO....and nothing that gives any hint about next season either if past history is any indication. Coaching staff is patchwork, many key newcomers who should play a big role next year won't be here.....so ....just accept it as entertainment and don't read anything into it...any more than we do an A day game.

They are going through the same things...we don't need to expecting to take a loss to Memphis....surely we're better than that

No, we should not lose to Memphis nor should we not care or be indifferent to it. Really, Gus hasn't won a bowl game as an HC. I think it is about time for it to happen.

They are going through the same things...we don't need to expecting to take a loss to Memphis....surely we're better than that

Well...as I understand it, that is why the game is being played. ...to find that out.

Let's say we win...what does that mean? we still finished last in the SEC West....and the starting line-up next year will be quite a bit different.... ...or if we lose....we still finished last in the SEC West....and the starting line-up next year will be quite a bit different.....so....what is the significance of the outcome? :dunno:

I almost wish we didn't make a bowl game... it's a no win situation in my mind. If we win, who cares. If we lose... it could be very painful in recruiting and media...

Improving. Seeing if things are sticking, if concepts are working. The offense needs to show improvement. It's important to the psyche of the players. Especially if SW is the qb

I almost wish we didn't make a bowl game... it's a no win situation in my mind. If we win, who cares. If we lose... it could be very painful in recruiting and media...

I care if we win. Most Auburn fans do.

As far as losing and affecting the media outlook, who cares? As far as recruits, I kind of doubt it would affect their perception of Auburn, we did have a particulary unfavorable regular season leading up to this point.

We'll just have to disagree because I know Gus is taking this bowl game very serious. It means a lot for Gus next year.

Golf, I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to ask this question, but seems as good as any given your response to weegs. You'd stated during the season that Gus needed to make changes and listen to people suggesting he make different changes. Do you feel like he has begun to make those changes and is listening to those that he should?

jmo best I can say is somewhat but he is stubborn.

We'll just have to disagree because I know Gus is taking this bowl game very serious. It means a lot for Gus next year.

I understand.....and I accept that this game is important to Gus since some folks consider him to be on the "hot seat" and a loss would reinforce the feelings of some folks who are after his hide. Just speaking from a personal standpoint that I don't put much stock in the outcome of any bowl game.

That said, I'm hoping we get a good win...and maybe get some people (and you know who I mean) off his case until we get a couple games behind us next season. I expect him to cure some of the offensive problems that doomed this season...but probably not before December 30th. .

Archived