so if we lose the birmingham bowl

aubiefifty

how many are still going to bitch and moan knowing in the back of your mind auburn is going to do everything in their power to get things straightened out? and this is not a troll. a win would be nice but if we lose i will take it in stride. at sixty i have seen auburn crash a time or two and they always come back. and we will be back. how wonderful would it be if a player or three got on the board and saw tons of posts over the summer that we are still behind the team. i believe in auburn. i always have and i always will. we can be positive or negative. and if some think this is meant as a negative post it is more of a cautionary thing. lets spend more time showing our love..........

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we lose the Bham bowl, do you feel all AU fans should be jumping up and down with joy that we ended 2015 with a 6-7 record and we lost 3 out of our last 4 games?

I'm trying to stay positive, I really really am. I am trying to trust Gus and believe that next year will be a great improvement over this one. The Birmingham Bowl really should have no bearing on our outlook though a win would probably improve the overall mood around here. As far as this board goes I like to see more positive posts but this is a message board so folks should be able to express frustrations if they wish.

This should be fun....

Auburnfifty never tries to start stuff. That's not what he is trying to do. If others wrote this, I'd definitely have to wonder..

If we lose the Bham bowl, do you feel all AU fans should be jumping up and down with joy that we ended 2015 with a 6-7 record and we lost 3 out of our last 4 games?

Will you go throw a brick though the AD office windows?

This should be fun....

Auburnfifty never tries to start stuff. That's not what he is trying to do. If others wrote this, I'd definitely have to wonder..

I know that numnuts I just know what kind of posts some members are going to post.

This should be fun....

I know that numnuts I just know what kind of posts some members are going to post.

Well I reckon you still know how to drop the hammer.

If we lose the B'ham Bowl....I will probably say..."well damn"....then change the channel to see what else is going on....and get on with the day.

After all, unless a team is in one of the play-off bowls the outcomes are totally meaningless.

If we lose I'm going to be pissed. But I think it will depend on what we look like.

Being "pissed" is OK....but being "totally pissed" would be an over-reaction no matter what the game looks like...JMO

The screws on the press just get a little tighter,and the seat gets a lot warmer if we lose the B'ham bowl.

for the record i was not trolling tho i admit it might be fun to read the responses. but the point none of you seem to be getting is lets just show massive love to team to let them know we are behind them and nothing more. but if yall wanna come back at me it is cool. just remember i love auburn with all my heart and my avie pic is my dad in an auburn football uni from the fifties. so like chris stapleton says fire away. but i will not fight for the record.

Hey, Memphis is a quality team, so a loss, unless we just flat out suck, is not mind blowing. It's all about how they play and do they show up. We will find out a lot about where this staff and teams' heads are.

If we lose I'm going to be pissed. But I think it will depend on what we look like.

Being "pissed" is OK....but being "totally pissed" would be an over-reaction no matter what the game looks like...JMO

The levels of anger are:

Annoyed

Pissed

Totally Pissed

Angry

Mad

Damn Mad

The Furies

The Blind Furies (top level which includes throwing things of value in order to break them and cursing in front of children and priests)

I don't think Totally Pissed is out of line for going down to Memphis.

For me what is more worrisome is the "it depends on how we looked" line of thinking as this is so close to the battle cry of the Vandys, Kentuckys and UABs of the football world.

"Golly Gee we got beat but we looked good."

Gad Zooks.

It's Memphis.

I don't care how good their QB is you need to win this game and if you cannot take advantage of the superior individual match ups we will have combined with so long to prepare it is a really bad sign.

And we do not need another bad sign

This would be like UGA losing to UCF in the Liberty Bowl a few years ago. Embarrassing. Especially since Memphis enters having lost 3 of their last 4 games of the season and is not a Power5 school. Really embarrassing.

memphis beat ole piss i believe? and are or were ranked? when i saw them play they did not look like a memphis team. they looked pretty good to me. i am glad we got more practice time tho cus we need it...........

And they lost 3 of their last 4 games. Yep, they beat ole miss. And ole miss beat bama. Does that mean memphis woukd beat bama? And if memphis did beat bama, bama would not be embarrassed? Auburn isn't bama, but it would still be embarrassing to lose to memphis. Ole miss was certainly embarrassed to lose to them.

Archived