Charles Kelly

RunInRed

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cole Cubelic just tweeted that the Kelly is staying put and used us as leverage. https://twitter.com/...397656085176320

Yeah, it seemed very illogical to come here but I really thought money could work in this scenario.

Next season is gonna be rough I see.

Yea, because there are no other possibly good DC candidates who would like to coach for a team that has gone to the National Championship Game 2 of the last 6 years. Might as well just disband the football team. We've got that huge scoreboard now, so we can just convert Jordan Hare to a concert venue.

we didn't go to either of those championships because of defense and we fielded atrocious defenses before and after those championships

If you're talking about because of money or something, say that, but don't use NCs as a viable reason for someone choosing to coach defense here.

Fact: Gus is not on the hot seat! Get over it, he's not, simple as that!

Fact: Jimbo is not stable at FSU as he wanted the LSU job but the Boosters wouldn't come up with the $50 million buyout for Les and Jimbo combined!

Fact: Gus didn't think TRob was ready, he knows more than us, believe it or not.

Fact: If we had a QB this season we are probably SEC champs are at least in there fighting for it! Gus has an SEC Championship and natty, then another SEC Championship, and played for the Natty!

QB situation didn't work out this year, will be better next year.

Relax people!

Truth! I will add this to the Jimbo Fact. His personal situation also played into him declining the LSU offer. With his divorce and the situation with his son, he did not feel comfortable leaving Tallahassee. His son may keep him in Tallahassee for a while.

Like Garner with his defensive linemen, Thompson didn't show much with his linebackers this year.

Linebacker play during the year improved, especially the last few games.

Agreed. Our DL has trouble getting blockers off of them. We have a couple of LBs who consistently take bad pursuit angles or just simply run by a ball carrier. Coaching?

Like Garner with his defensive linemen, Thompson didn't show much with his linebackers this year.

Agreed. Our DL has trouble getting blockers off of them. We have a couple of LBs who consistently take bad pursuit angles or just simply run by a ball carrier. Coaching?

DL coaching has been bad since Pelton and it continues. But RG is a Jay Jacobs buddy.

wde

Was the slightly better LB play this season an indication of the work by Thompson or by Muschamp? I believe the latter. Or was it in fact, that they were in a different scheme and a year older?

Indeed. McKinzy wasn't being choked just for a photograph opportunity.

Indeed. McKinzy wasn't being choked just for a photograph opportunity.

LMBO, now that's funny!

Lance is a recruiter, that about sums up Lance. If they put him in then next year is an expected house cleaning from the powers that be. If Gus' seat isn't hot he will get an up and coming or a big name in defense.

Lance is a recruiter, that about sums up Lance. If they put him in then next year is an expected house cleaning from the powers that be. If Gus' seat isn't hot he will get an up and coming or a big name in defense.

And you base that knowledge on...? You're suggesting that LT can recruit, but he has no idea what to do with any football players that he subsequently recruits.

He was saving it for his DC gig. ;)

LOL, but please for the love of His Almighty, no. Should Garner get the DC job at AU....Heck if Garner is even on the staff at AU next season, then we will all know without a doubt that God cares nothing about AU football.

wde

Does anyone else think $1.3 million is completely insane for a coach who has been a coordinator all of 2 years and one of those years was not great? That is a LOT of money for what I see still as a gamble. It seems we could go after a solid DC that is not at a power 5 school and pay at least 1/2 that and the gamble would essentially be equivalent.

yes.

What I also think has been abysmal is paying $600K to a graduate assistant with one year's OC experience at Arky State to become OC at AU. AU deserves better, far better.

True that about Lashlee which is why I hope he moves on this year, I just don't think what he brings to the table is congruent with what he is being paid....but good grief, $1.3 million for CK cannot be real. I'm not saying CK could not be a great DC....but that is literally up there with Muschamp type money and he is KNOWN to be a top 5 DC.

Florida is paying Geoff Collins in the $600k ballpark and he is a KNOWN commodity. If you are going to pay someone $1.3....go after someone like him.

To get a guy with experience at this level that's what it will take. The,situation is such that these guys are going to make some hefty financial demands to come to Auburn.

Basically, it sucks to suck.

I wouldn't know, but I feel bad for you.

This will be the Auburn fan base if the only DC we can land is by promoting Lance Thomson:

Virginia-Fan-Viral-Meme.png

Correct, if you are talking about the lunatic fringe.

If we promote Lance to DC, then JJ, Gus and the entire staff should put themselves on collective probation for the desperation they've allowed this program to sink.

The fanbase bears some responsibility for the perception that is out there. When you have a vocal portion calling for a second straight head coaching change 2 years off an SEC title and a national title appearance, and another larger portion basically making it common knowledge that Gus is on the hot seat this year, it's going to make quality coordinators in stable situations leery of coming here and that can't always be overcome with money and guaranteed years. So add the nutbar Auburn fanbase to that probation as well.

Very well stated. This same nutbar fanbase has an extremely negative impact on recruiting. I've often wondered if these toothless wonders are plants from the left.

He was saving it for his DC gig. ;)/>

LOL, but please for the love of His Almighty, no. Should Garner get the DC job at AU....Heck if Garner is even on the staff at AU next season, then we will all know without a doubt that God cares nothing about AU football.

wde

Recruits like him......

He was saving it for his DC gig. ;)/>

wde

Recruits like him......

mmmk. Recruits will like a good coach just as much.

Fact: Gus is not on the hot seat! Get over it, he's not, simple as that!

Fact: Jimbo is not stable at FSU as he wanted the LSU job but the Boosters wouldn't come up with the $50 million buyout for Les and Jimbo combined!

Fact: Gus didn't think TRob was ready, he knows more than us, believe it or not.

Fact: If we had a QB this season we are probably SEC champs are at least in there fighting for it! Gus has an SEC Championship and natty, then another SEC Championship, and played for the Natty!

QB situation didn't work out this year, will be better next year.

Relax people!

This

Archived