Charles Kelly

RunInRed

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gus ends up with LT as DC, it means nobody on his list of candidates was interested. That would be telling enough about the situation at Auburn.

We all hope for the best though.

WDE

Could also mean he was shooting for the moon, and sometimes the moon is just too far away for anyone. My only concern would be if the same candidates were taking positions elsewhere, instead of just not uprooting their lives.

Going after CK getting paid around 600K at FSU is not shooting for the moon. Heck we are paying Gus' coffee boy (Lashlee) 600K.

wde

We need to resolve this DC and defensive staff issues quick! We are turning on one another.

In all seriousness, hope this does get resolved and with the right staff to build continuity and get some consistency.

The people saying Gus isn't on the hot seat must not have been alive the past 17 games or so.

If Gus isn't on the hot seat, I don't know what the hot seat is. This defensive coordinator situation could be one of his last moves if it doesn't work out. We HAVE to at least get someone better than Lance Thompson.

If Gus ends up with LT as DC, it means nobody on his list of candidates was interested. That would be telling enough about the situation at Auburn.

WDE

Could also mean he was shooting for the moon, and sometimes the moon is just too far away for anyone. My only concern would be if the same candidates were taking positions elsewhere, instead of just not uprooting their lives.

Going after CK getting paid around 600K at FSU is not shooting for the moon. Heck we are paying Gus' coffee boy (Lashlee) 600K.

wde

Going after any successful coach with other top-tier program is a tall order. These coaches not only have a stable job, their family is settled, they have relationships with the kids that they coach, they probably have a solid relationship with the rest of the staff they are on, etc. It's a HUGE deal to walk away from something like that, even for a big raise.

In any case, I think the longer this drags on, the better the chances that CGM just has to promote from within. I'm just curious about whether or not CLT is the guy for the job.

CLT is the only remotely qualified person currently on the staff to get the job.

wde

The people saying Gus isn't on the hot seat must not have been alive the past 17 games or so.

If Gus isn't on the hot seat, I don't know what the hot seat is. This defensive coordinator situation could be one of his last moves if it doesn't work out. We HAVE to at least get someone better than Lance Thompson.

This is why I think he'll take his time even if it goes past the bowl game before someone is hired. He has to make a decision and make the right decision.

WDE

wde

Going after any successful coach with other top-tier program is a tall order. These coaches not only have a stable job, their family is settled, they have relationships with the kids that they coach, they probably have a solid relationship with the rest of the staff they are on, etc. It's a HUGE deal to walk away from something like that, even for a big raise.

I agree. AU can offer money, but little stability, due to the play on the field since 2014.

wde

In any case, I think the longer this drags on, the better the chances that CGM just has to promote from within. I'm just curious about whether or not CLT is the guy for the job.

CLT is the only remotely qualified person currently on the staff to get the job.

wde

Currently on the staff, yes I agree with that. I just mean, in general, would he make a good DC?

wde

Currently on the staff, yes I agree with that. I just mean, in general, would he make a good DC?

Who knows, he has had experience at UCF as a DC. If we were going to end up in this situation, then Gus should have offered the job to TRob.

wde

I wish the mods would just kill this thread. Nothing to be gained here just a bunch of whining.

You have literally been the one whining this morning. Ironic. I see a lot of hashing out, rhetoric going around. I just hope by Sunday this all will be resolved. Do not think it will be CK though. If it is Lance, so be it. I am not expecting leaps and bounds out of this defense. It will be the offense that I will keep a keen eye on.

I don't want AU paying another coach who is not on staff any longer. Let Gus try to fix things, but don't pay him however many millions of dollars to sit at home like we did TT and GC.

wde

Agree too. He has been a DC before, correct? If so, what was the length of his tenure, where, and how long ago?

Apparently I am not the only one. And kudos to ET for his information that eventually proved to be true. Maybe. It ain't over yet...

Completely off topic but I keep reading your username as PolPot

Ditto! The first time I saw it I had to do a double take and wonder why anyone would choose such a name as the Cambodian despot. But then, I looked again and noticed I had read it wrong!

Lol. I figured people would make the weed association. There is no association, btw. But it never dawned on me that it could be misread as Pol Pot. My apologies to anyone offended. Pot Pot is the name given to me by my grandchildren.

Apparently I am not the only one. And kudos to ET for his information that eventually proved to be true. Maybe. It ain't over yet...

Ditto! The first time I saw it I had to do a double take and wonder why anyone would choose such a name as the Cambodian despot. But then, I looked again and noticed I had read it wrong!

Lol. I figured people would make the weed association. There is no association, btw. But it never dawned on me that it could be misread as Pol Pot. My apologies to anyone offended. Pot Pot is the name given to me by my grandchildren.

Love the kids already

Grow'em up some before you introduce them to this family

Cool, now we know the "rest of the story" behind the name! And no offense, it just made me double take a few times before I got it!

So Trob is off the table? Even if we offered a million?

Trob would not leave USCe, where he is guaranteed at least 2-3 years, to come this way. Plus, He has Will there as a support system.

I wouldn't feel comfortable throwing $1m at a guy who hasn't run his own defense.

I'd rather do that then lance. He's coached a poor defense for a year.

I wouldn't feel comfortable throwing $1m at a guy who hasn't run his own defense.

I'd rather do that then lance. He's coached a poor defense for a year.

Well I'm glad you aren't the AD.

Archived