Staff Changes

fredst

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Diaz when Chizik was hiring Roof

how about now?

Still like his aggressiveness.

I don't know much about him as a coach or otherwise. He seems to move around often. My brother in law is a Texas fan and he was happy to see him leave Texas. Do you think he would be a good match for Auburn?

to be fair many UT fans were glad to see CWM leave as well.

I personally think our new DC is probably still employed and wants to wait until their bowl game is done with before they leave or announce it.

Look at you using logic and stuff.

Somebody has to! LOL

I personally think our new DC is probably still employed and wants to wait until their bowl game is done with before they leave or announce it.

Somebody has to! LOL

That's not allowed on here.

Twitter folks are saying that Manny Diaz was what the rivals article was talking about. Lot of chatter that he may have been the one to initiate talks.

I'd rather have Geoff Collins, the guy Diaz replaced.

Christmas wish is that it's Mel Tucker. I think reuniting him and Thompson could be incredible.

WDE!

any talk that Mel Tucker is being considered/interviewed?

Only on boards where I post it.

WDE!

I think Tell Mucker would be a great choice for Coofensive Disordinator!

I do think that Big Bird is the new DC and this will be the surprise that Santa will deliver.

I liked Diaz when Chizik was hiring Roof

how about now?

Still like his aggressiveness.

I like toitelez!

lol I get that reference

That's why you and I are I2I. :)

Isn't Mel Tucker at uat? don't you think Saban would give him more $ to stay with the bammers.

He's position coach. They won't pay the money he'd make as a coordinator. I don't truly think we're going to hire someone who has no experience as a coordinator so it's a moot point.

Who the heck is Mel Tucker and why is he so wanted?

Seven years of coaching DBs at Miami (OH), LSU, Ohio State, and uat. Coached DBs for one year in the NFL, then seven more as a DC (and a short stint as interim HC).

Currently he's the Assistant HC and DB secondary coach at uat. I was mistaken about him coaching with LT. This is his first year at uat.

WDE!

If Gus doesn't hire a top DC, most of our defensive commitments may re-open their recruiting door and start looking around.

OMG. You are out there, aren't you?

This is a message board. Logic and facts are not allowed. First warning.

Definitely a nicer message board than I've been on as of late.... Normally we would have been pulling out the stake and getting the fire and ropes ready for such heresy.

Cut me some slack, it's Christmas! :)

So, you're saying it's Charles Kelly? I knew it! :)

Isn't Mel Tucker at uat? don't you think Saban would give him more $ to stay with the bammers.

He's position coach. They won't pay the money he'd make as a coordinator. I don't truly think we're going to hire someone who has no experience as a coordinator so it's a moot point.

Tucker has eight years of experience as a DC.

WDE!

Was the San Diego st guy on anyone's list?

I believe the HC is thought to be defacto DC.

Gotch ya

Rocky Long at San Diego St is both the HC and DC.

Archived