Staff Changes

fredst

I saw this quote from an Ole Miss fan on the Rant.

"You will be getting a great coach Auburn and one I wish we still had. If you compare our defense last year when he was on our staff to this year, you can certainly see a big difference. We have been lacking for talent at linebacker for years, but he seemed to always develop guys and get them to maximize the potential they had. Ole Miss fans hated it when he left and a lot of us wish he was our D-coordinator now. He'll be a good hire. He was never mentioned as a top recruiter on our staff, but he can certainly coach a defense as evidenced by USF improvement."

He was mentioned as a top recruiter though. rivals had him as a top 25 recruiter, 247 had him in the top 50. A lot of OM fans hated to lose him Bc he played an instrumental part in signing some of their big signees.

He might not have been a "top recruiter" relative to other Ole Miss staff. They've been killing it over there (legally or otherwise).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come home coach Kelly. You know you want to come back to the Plains.

That ship has sailed and I can't blame him.

Come home coach Kelly. You know you want to come back to the Plains.

Don't want Kelly and seriously people consider the source of all these "rumors"

I don't know that Tom Allen is even being talked to. USF boards seem to think he's staying another year.

We don't even know that he was or is a candidate in the first place. It's based on nothing but speculation backed up by nothing.

Lol the hardest thing for us on this board is admitting and dealing with we don't know anything at all

Soooooo true. (Really, it's the hardest thing for people, period.)

I don't know that Tom Allen is even being talked to. USF boards seem to think he's staying another year.

We don't even know that he was or is a candidate in the

first place. It's based on nothing but speculation backed up by nothing.

This is the realest statement. I never heard about this guy until last week, now he is the ultimate DC because he improved USF. Not saying he wouldn't be able to make an impact over here, but we don't even know if he is a true candidate. The sad thing is the same people who is on his bandwagon are the same folks who get mad when posters support JF3. JF3 is actually an AU tiger. How about we wait until this guy is actually named DC of Auburn.

We don't even know that he was or is a candidate in the first place. It's based on nothing but speculation backed up by nothing.

ALL speculation at this point.

And what exactly do people see in Tom Allen that they like? He's been a DC for 1 yr. Is it his defensive scheme (4-2-5) which is the same as Ellis Johnson's? What about his defense that gave up +400 yrds to FSU/Maryland/Memphis/Navy/Cincy, and gave up + 500 yrds to Uconn and gave up +600 yrds last night. So he improved USF's defense from avergaging 403ypg and 27 ppg in 2014 to 381 ypg and 23 ppg in 2015.....Is this the best Gus can do right now?

Lol the hardest thing for us on this board is admitting and dealing with we don't know anything at all

Hahaha!!!! Do you have link for that? Who is your source?

Another meltdown looming.

I feel like we have collectively been melting down for two or three weeks now.

And what exactly do people see in Tom Allen that they like? He's been a DC for 1 yr. Is it his defensive scheme (4-2-5) which is the same as Ellis Johnson's? What about his defense that gave up +400 yrds to FSU/Maryland/Memphis/Navy/Cincy, and gave up + 500 yrds to Uconn and gave up +600 yrds last night. So he improved USF's defense from avergaging 403ypg and 27 ppg in 2014 to 381 ypg and 23 ppg in 2015.....Is this the best Gus can do right now?

So your saying his defense was better than Muschamp's?

So your saying his defense was better than Muschamp's?

I don't know if he's the guy or not, but that is a pretty decent one year improvement on defense.

Not me. I don't really care who we get(with the exception of Grantham--he's a tool). We will be fine one way or another.

Not me. I don't really care who we get(with the exception of Grantham--he's a tool). We will be fine one way or another.

I'm with Shocks. As long as we don't get a coach of poor character (thank you bama for taking one of those off the table), I'm good. I think Muschamp did what was needed to fix the cultural issues we were having on D, and the remaining assistants, along with Gus, will make sure that we keep moving in the right direction, no matter who the DC is.

Allen has only been a DC for a year and it is showing more and more the longer the game goes on. If any adjustments have been made, they were all wrong.

They do not have the personnel in the secondary to match up with WKU's pass-heavy offense. You are talking about a team that ranked 108th and 90th in Pass Efficiency Defense last season, and the year prior.

Back to overreacting.

The talent level at USF is better than WKU and they have been running that offense for 1 year more than USF.

Allen may be great but they didn't look it today. That was my observation. People can pump sunshine about this being a homerun hire (and it could be) but it is a huge gamble more than anything.

Damn, you've totally pegged Metafour -- sunshine pumper par excellence!

cuz u watched one game....WSU has one of the best offenses in the country and if u did any research, USF has a terrible secondary and yet were one of the best defensive improvements in the nation..thought it was an A4E post

Not being too picky, but it is WKU not WSU. Washington State would have been an even more of a challenge. Anyhow, I wish P. Marshall would quit pulling names out of his "Idiot Hat" every other day and let Gus do what Gus needs to do with the hiring of the staff he needs to get us back to where we belong.

I think Muschamp did what was needed to fix the cultural issues we were having on D, and the remaining assistants, along with Gus, will make sure that we keep moving in the right direction, no matter who the DC is.

I sure hope you're right. But Muschamp was allowed to do his own thing, and I worry that a smaller name coming in with less leverage might not be. Who knows, maybe the PTB learned their lesson.

But yeah, Muschamp got the ship pointed in the right direction. If it can stay on course, then there's hope.

I wish P. Marshall would quit pulling names out of his "Idiot Hat" every other day and let Gus do what Gus needs to do with the hiring of the staff.

This x1000

I think Muschamp did what was needed to fix the cultural issues we were having on D, and the remaining assistants, along with Gus, will make sure that we keep moving in the right direction, no matter who the DC is.

I sure hope you're right. But Muschamp was allowed to do his own thing, and I worry that a smaller name coming in with less leverage might not be. Who knows, maybe the PTB learned their lesson.

But yeah, Muschamp got the ship pointed in the right direction. If it can stay on course, then there's hope.

Great point

Archived