Staff Changes

fredst

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allen has only been a DC for a year and it is showing more and more the longer the game goes on. If any adjustments have been made, they were all wrong.

They do not have the personnel in the secondary to match up with WKU's pass-heavy offense. You are talking about a team that ranked 108th and 90th in Pass Efficiency Defense last season, and the year prior.

Back to overreacting.

The talent level at USF is better than WKU and they have been running that offense for 1 year more than USF.

Allen may be great but they didn't look it today. That was my observation. People can pump sunshine about this being a homerun hire (and it could be) but it is a huge gamble more than anything.

Damn, you've totally pegged Metafour -- sunshine pumper par excellence!

giphy.gif

Allen has only been a DC for a year and it is showing more and more the longer the game goes on. If any adjustments have been made, they were all wrong.

They do not have the personnel in the secondary to match up with WKU's pass-heavy offense. You are talking about a team that ranked 108th and 90th in Pass Efficiency Defense last season, and the year prior.

Back to overreacting.

The talent level at USF is better than WKU and they have been running that offense for 1 year more than USF.

Allen may be great but they didn't look it today. That was my observation. People can pump sunshine about this being a homerun hire (and it could be) but it is a huge gamble more than anything.

A first for everthing!

Back to overreacting.

cuz u watched one game....WSU has one of the best offenses in the country and if u did any research, USF has a terrible secondary and yet were one of the best defensive improvements in the nation..thought it was an A4E post

The case for Paul Rhodes. Plus he runs a base 4-3-4.

In 2000, Rhoads was hired as the defensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Panthers by Walt Harris. In his first season, Rhoads was credited with improving the team's defense to their best performance since 1980. In 2001, his defensive unit ranked among the nation's top 30 in five different categories at season's end. Additionally, Pitt finished with 38 quarterback sacks. In 2002, the Panthers defense ranked among the nation's top 25 in an impressive seven different categories. In 2004, Pitt ranked ninth nationally with 17 interceptions and Rhoads was kept on staff by new head coach Dave Wannstedt. That decision proved wise as by then end of the 2005 season, Pitt was ranked second nationally in pass defense (yielding just 152.82 yards per game) and sixth in pass efficiency defense with a 99.36 rating. In 2006, Sporting News named Rhoads the Big East's best defensive coordinator. In 2007, Rhoads' defense was among the nation's leaders in various categories, finishing fifth nationally in total defense (allowing just 297.7 yards per games) and third nationally in pass defense (allowing just 167.3 yards per game). While the team finished 5–7, they ended on a high note by holding then-#2 ranked rival West Virginia to a season-low nine points in a 13–9 victory in the Backyard Brawl, limiting the Mountaineers high-powered offense to 183 yards (292 yards below their average).

Rhett put 44 points and over 600 yards on Saban and Smart last year. Surprised they kept their jobs.

And yet, Rhett still lost the game.

I wish al.com would make a loud noise or something to attract the zombies back over that way. It's not the biting so much as they just smell bad.

tbh I could care less how many yards he gives up as long as he's keeping defenses out of the end zone. He gave up less points to WKU than they were averaging even though they had a month to prepare and were top 30 in the country in scoring D in year 1 of a new system and a new coach.

Rhett put 44 points and over 600 yards on Saban and Smart last year. Surprised they kept their jobs.

Ha! You know you've ran afoul with the fan base when your the OC, score 44 points and the fans still blame YOU for the lose.

Rhett didn't do anything. I've yet to figure out what he actually does other than reading the safeties. Other than that,,,good point.

Ha! You know you've ran afoul with the fan base when your the OC, score 44 points and the fans still blame YOU for the lose.

Comments like that say a lot more about the fan base than they do about the OC.

...Or when your defense gives up 5062 yards but only allows 3 teams to score more than 29 points with one of those being a triple OT and one being a blowout with 3rd and 4th teamers playing the 4th quarter. But, when the DC leaves, some of the fan base is glad to see him go because he was terrible in one season with mostly players that didn't fit his scheme. SMH!!!

Hmmm. Coaches don't stay long at Auburn because of the fan boards? I feel so empowered!

Yep. Lol. :bananadance:/>

The fans are " all in " too.

Hmmm. Coaches don't stay long at Auburn because of the fan boards? I feel so empowered!

Yep. Lol. :bananadance:/>

The fans are " all in " too.

I think you guys are misreading my earlier post. My point isn't that this site has that much influence, of course it doesn't. I love Auburn fans, but we seem to be a fickle bunch of people. Our championship in 2010 and appearance at the BCS National Championship game in 2013 appears to have created a very impatient group of fans where we always expect to have championship seasons, and if we have one bad season then everyone wants to clean house and start all over instead of being patient with the staff. The USF game last night was a great example of our fickleness. Tom Allen has a GREAT year defensively, and he has one bad game against a really high powered offense and you guys want to jump ship with him...that's my point.

I saw this quote from an Ole Miss fan on the Rant.

"You will be getting a great coach Auburn and one I wish we still had. If you compare our defense last year when he was on our staff to this year, you can certainly see a big difference. We have been lacking for talent at linebacker for years, but he seemed to always develop guys and get them to maximize the potential they had. Ole Miss fans hated it when he left and a lot of us wish he was our D-coordinator now. He'll be a good hire. He was never mentioned as a top recruiter on our staff, but he can certainly coach a defense as evidenced by USF improvement."

I saw this quote from an Ole Miss fan on the Rant.

"You will be getting a great coach Auburn and one I wish we still had. If you compare our defense last year when he was on our staff to this year, you can certainly see a big difference. We have been lacking for talent at linebacker for years, but he seemed to always develop guys and get them to maximize the potential they had. Ole Miss fans hated it when he left and a lot of us wish he was our D-coordinator now. He'll be a good hire. He was never mentioned as a top recruiter on our staff, but he can certainly coach a defense as evidenced by USF improvement."

He was mentioned as a top recruiter though. rivals had him as a top 25 recruiter, 247 had him in the top 50. A lot of OM fans hated to lose him Bc he played an instrumental part in signing some of their big signees.

Archived