Staff Changes

fredst

I hope a DC is named soon. It is dragging out too long and we all know how it turned out when Chiz had such a difficult time filling his OC position his last year. Let's hope this is not a repeat of that disaster.

For what reason do you want him named sooner than later?

I would think the sooner we get our DC named, the sooner the D staff gets set. That way, once the dead period is up the newly set staff is right out there ready to finish our recruiting class strong and show what we are prepared to do next year on D. JMO....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muschamp was hired just days after he was fired at Florida. Us fans had no idea. The search went quite last year too. I suspect Gus has his guy. I'm thinking Allen also. However, at this point who knows.

Muschamp was hired just days after he was fired at Florida. Us fans had no idea. The search went quite last year too. I suspect Gus has his guy. I'm thinking Allen also. However, at this point who knows.

Not really how it went down...

This LOL.

He was "on vacation"...ie: trying to land other Head Coaching jobs (Houston) before taking his back-up plan at Auburn.

Remember, the FCS Championship game has yet to be played. Maybe we're looking at the J-Ville/SDST coaching ranks. I for one like the idea of bringing in a coach who can do more with less.

Well then, tell ME how it went down, I know the story from a former player that played for Shug Jordan's version of how he was hired. Please share your version and I will issue an apology for getting the story incorrect.

Well then, tell ME how it went down, I know the story from a former player that played for Shug Jordan's version of how he was hired. Please share your version and I will issue an apology for getting the story incorrect.

Muschamp was fired mid November for one.

Sure are a lot of posts by PM with Tom Allen's picture since the start of this bowl game. Saying "Is Auburn DC deal done?" And "is this The Tigers new DC?"

Yeah I've heard, well Gus Loves a Defense that attacks.... hints the Ellis Johnson hire a couple years back. But also this will increase the depth on the defensive line, decrease the need for more LBs, and give Au's secondary which suppose to be the strength of the defense next season chances to make plays with 5 DBs on the base defense.

No need to apologize, but as Metafour pointed out, Muschamp spent days on just his vacation alone. Not to mention that DC search was absolutely anything but quiet. Both our board and USC's were blowing up about him almost as soon as we let Ellis go. A good analogy for how that DC search went vs this one would be to say that last year's search was a nuclear explosion vs this year's church bells (at least now that the Kelly talk has died down).

Western Kentucky just scored on 2 plays. :(/>

Did I mention I hate the 4-2-5 ?

They ran a flea flicker because they had no momentum. WKU has way more skill speed than USF does.

Maybe it's time for AU to fire Allen before they ever hire him.....lol.

Haha, there ya go. :laugh:/>

As long as he leaves that 4-2-5 at USF I'm good to go.

Not a big fan of it either ...4-3 guy myself but we if it keeps the other team out the end zone I am all for it

I prefer a 3-4 with a combination of man and 4 being played behind them. That said, a 4-2-5 is very effective and is played many times a game for most defenses. Most teams just don't base out of it.

Muschamp was fired from FLA close to a month before AU announced we'd hire him. He wasn't hired by AU just days after he was fired. The Muschamp DC candidacy was anything but quiet. Us fans blew up this board and the SoCarl fans till the very last minute thought they had him. Do you and the former Shug player not remember all the hoopla while Muschamp was on vacation?

Archived