Staff Changes

fredst

As time passes by, Malzahn has absolutely no leads on who the next DC and DB coach will be. The man is 100% clueless on what he should do to get Auburn back on top. Heck, he's not making any changes on his offensive staff.

You have no idea who Malzahn has talked to or may be talking to.

i am considering blocking a person on this forum for the first time ever.

At first I thought this must be comedy routine but then it becomes posting for shock value and those kinda of post I just ignore.

Yeah. He often sounds like a UA troll.

He does but he is absolutely serious about all this inane stuff.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just message board talk on 247 but one person says that if Allen is hired to watch for Mcgriff from the saints to be named Co-DC and secondary coach. Mcgriff was on staff at Ole Miss with Allen and they supposedly they have a really good relationship.

The saints secondary is not very good. Just sayin'.

As time passes by, Malzahn has absolutely no leads on who the next DC and DB coach will be. The man is 100% clueless on what he should do to get Auburn back on top. Heck, he's not making any changes on his offensive staff.

fry_melting.gif

With all due respect you appear to be the clueless one. Gus may already have someone hired and just waiting to make a formal announcement and none of us would know it. As a courtesy to your fellow members, please post responsibly or post less often. Your chirades are getting old.

"There are very few things that give me as much joy as calling P. Marshall around 2:00 am in the morning and telling him who I am considering for the DC position." chimed Gus with a huge smile on his face. Also, another activity he does for entertainment is reading the posts on this site and laughing himself silly with all of the bickering and down right bammerish behavior displayed. With a quick wink of the eye," I have already hired a new DC, but the outright pure enjoyment I get from Marshall and the posters on Auburn family site, I do not have the heart to tell them this at this point just yet.

"I know that this rare shear enjoyment has to end at some point, but boy this has been almost as much fun as calling old Nicky around 3:00 am and tell him to wait a second and then hang up." says Gus doubled over with laughter.

Just message board talk on 247 but one person says that if Allen is hired to watch for Mcgriff from the saints to be named Co-DC and secondary coach. Mcgriff was on staff at Ole Miss with Allen and they supposedly they have a really good relationship.

Could really care less what he's done in the NFL

Baylor: 16 int's , 13th in pass efficiency, good recruiter as well. Lead recruiter for an OT that ended up going #2 overall in the draft.

Miami: 2nd in pass D, 16th in total D, 21st in scoring D. Many say the coverage is what really helped Miami's DL which ended up finishing 6th nationally in sacks

Vanderbilt: 12 int's, Casey Hayward and Trey Wilson had their best seasons during his year there.

Ole Miss: As Co-DC OM finished in the top 15 nationally in TFL's and sacks per game. Heck of a recruiter, lead recruiter for Nkemdiche and was a huge reason they landed Treadwell and others.

Baylor: 16 int's , 13th in pass efficiency, good recruiter as well. Lead recruiter for an OT that ended up going #2 overall in the draft.

Miami: 2nd in pass D, 16th in total D, 21st in scoring D. Many say the coverage is what really helped Miami's DL which ended up finishing 6th nationally in sacks

Vanderbilt: 12 int's, Casey Hayward and Trey Wilson had their best seasons during his year there.

Ole Miss: As Co-DC OM finished in the top 15 nationally in TFL's and sacks per game. Heck of a recruiter, lead recruiter for Nkemdiche and was a huge reason they landed Treadwell and others.

Is he any kin to Fred McGriff the MLB player back in the 1990s?

I am very well aware of his history with college defenses. I would have no problem with McGriff as a DB coach or heck, maybe even DC. It was more tongue in cheek and a poor attempt at humor about the lackluster season the Saints are having. I guess I should have used the sarcasm font.

I am very well aware of his history with college defenses. I would have no problem with McGriff as a DB coach or heck, maybe even DC. It was more tongue in cheek and a poor attempt at humor about the lackluster season the Saints are having. I guess I should have used the sarcasm font.

I didn't mean my post to sound in a brash way either so if it sounded that way I apologize. I just really don't care how a guy does in the NFL compared to college lol. Mel Tucker had record setting low Defensive seasons his last two years at Chicago before going to Alabama, which included the 30th ranked pass D the last year he was there. The Pass D for the saints is currently 30th in the NFL as well.

I'm still thinking we hire Allen after their bowl game tomorrow night. I have nothing to support that theory, but my gut says that the reports will come out after their game, and we will announce Tuesday morning.

I didn't mean my post to sound in a brash way either so if it sounded that way I apologize. I just really don't care how a guy does in the NFL compared to college lol. Mel Tucker had record setting low Defensive seasons his last two years at Chicago before going to Alabama, which included the 30th ranked pass D the last year he was there. The Pass D for the saints is currently 30th in the NFL as well.

Saints players on defense are simply not good enough. They never have had a top level defense anyway. The year they won the Super Bowl, they got a lot of turnovers. The statistical ranking as far as yards and points were still middle of the pack.

Saints have a LB coach that might be looking for a place to land.

WDE!

With all due respect you appear to be the clueless one. Gus may already have someone hired and just waiting to make a formal announcement and none of us would know it. As a courtesy to your fellow members, please post responsibly or post less often. Your chirades are getting old.

Very well said.

How many championships has Saban won at uat? How many championships has Malzahn won at Auburn? and your calling me an idiot.

Correct

Very well said.

Is that a portmanteau of childish tirades, or maybe charades and tirades? Either one seems applicable.

How many championships has Saban won at uat? How many championships has Malzahn won at Auburn? and your calling me an idiot.

Correct

i think you have proven..........

I didn't know Krispy Kreme the rapper was an auburn fan. (Tosh.0 fans will get this)

I'm still thinking we hire Allen after their bowl game tomorrow night. I have nothing to support that theory, but my gut says that the reports will come out after their game, and we will announce Tuesday morning.

I think so, too.

vatican_black_smoke_161486868.jpg

According to my sources at the Vatican, a new DC has yet to be chosen, which is indicated by the Vatican releasing black smoke rather than white when a new DC is chosen.

I think so, too.

18411be433868c6041ac1cf6f80829b321f91bbd2c1853d3841b9fbc26df2b68.jpg

I'm really starting to think a DC won't be named until this thread reaching 100 pages. That being said I have a gut feeling it will be Allen. I wouldn't be heartbroken if it turns out to be LT either.

I hope a DC is named soon. It is dragging out too long and we all know how it turned out when Chiz had such a difficult time filling his OC position his last year. Let's hope this is not a repeat of that disaster.

I hope a DC is named soon. It is dragging out too long and we all know how it turned out when Chiz had such a difficult time filling his OC position his last year. Let's hope this is not a repeat of that disaster.

The entire program had become a disaster under Chizik. Josh McDaniels couldn't have fielded a decent offense in that environment.

I'm not saying that I don't also wish we had our guy named, but I think we're a long way from Chizik-level panic, particularly with the way recruiting has gone the last couple weeks.

For what reason do you want him named sooner than later?

Archived