Staff Changes

fredst

Missouri's DL coach is still available I believe. If so, yes please! Move Garner to TE coach, hire Lance Thompson as DC and add coach Kuligowski as DL coach.

This would be a pretty good solution to a problem right now.

wde

Coach Garner has almost single handedly held this defensive recruiting class together and bolstered it with several recent commits. We need to keep him on the staff.

Agreed. That's why I would propose for Garner to either move to tight ends coach or recruiting coordinator and bring in Missouri's old DL coach. That's a dream situation though so...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missouri's DL coach is still available I believe. If so, yes please! Move Garner to TE coach, hire Lance Thompson as DC and add coach Kuligowski as DL coach.

wde

aint happening. Our TE coach also coaches special teams. Not enough room. Rodney is fine with d-line.

Coach Garner has almost single handedly held this defensive recruiting class together and bolstered it with several recent commits. We need to keep him on the staff.

Agreed. That's why I would propose for Garner to either move to tight ends coach or recruiting coordinator and bring in Missouri's old DL coach. That's a dream situation though so...

All the names that pop up by seccountry, PM, and others, were mentioned here first.

In other words, he knows nothing like the rest of us. He's getting those clicks though.

I wish I got clicks for all the stupid crap I say. I'd be loaded.

All the names that pop up by seccountry, PM, and others, were mentioned here first.

In other words, he knows nothing like the rest of us. He's getting those clicks though.

I wish I got clicks for all the stupid crap I say. I'd be loaded.

You and me and a whole bunch of other people here too.

wde

And create a problem that currently doesn't exist.

WDE!

wde

Garner is already the Recruiting Coordinator.

And we have a solid TE coach who is also a good recruiter and Special Teams coach.

WDE!

wde

Garner is already the Recruiting Coordinator.

And we have a solid TE coach who is also a good recruiter and Special Teams coach.

WDE!

If you're trying to imply that we don't have room for the nation's best D line coach, stop. I don't know how you can claim we already have a solid tight end coach either when we never utilized our tight ends last year. I'd be perfectly fine with Garner taking over the tight ends. For me, it's a win win win situation because we could keep RG and his recruiting prowess, RG can keep an on the field coaching job which is what he wants, and we can get a better DL coach.

Me

:laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/>

You think PM is prejudiced against muppets?

Don't know why, he's had a hand up his butt moving his mouth for a while now

Me

:roflol:

Need MaverickAU's sig pic here.

Doesn't Scott Fountain coach TE plus special teams? So, since special teams were arguably the best area of our team this year, he deserves to be fired, do I have that right?

Rocker's D-line at UGA has been no better than Garner's at AU. I don't see the need to swap.

I think Garner's D-line has done better than people want to believe. Yes, we could have had a better pass rush but that should come sooner rather than later, maybe this coming season. The rushing defense stats cannot be used against the D-line. Their job is to tie up blockers and funnel ballcarriers into gaps that are supposed to be filled by linebackers. For the past few years our safeties have been the leading tacklers. 'Nuff said on that subject.

Me

Hahaha!!

Well there are reports Sumlin is in danger of being terminated, Should Auburn go after A&M DC Chavis if these reports are true.

If true .... YES on Chavis.

IF we had a chance to get Chavis then definitely go after him. He is a guy that will stick around if you keep him happy. Consistency like we need. LSU balked on his requests and he walked. He has been successful in SEC everywhere he has been. Plus it would mean we would not have to face his defense on Saturdays and facing it every other day should help the offense. Absolute home run hire if it went through.

Me

Hahaha!!

Yep. Bird nailed that one! Haha

Well there are reports Sumlin is in danger of being terminated, Should Auburn go after A&M DC Chavis if these reports are true.

IF we had a chance to get Chavis then definitely go after him. He is a guy that will stick around if you keep him happy. Consistency like we need. LSU balked on his requests and he walked. He has been successful in SEC everywhere he has been. Plus it would mean we would not have to face his defense on Saturdays and facing it every other day should help the offense. Absolute home run hire if it went through.

I would not be opposed to him at all. Some of the other names being thrown around... meh.

I would not be opposed to him at all. Some of the other names being thrown around... meh.

Yep but for better or worse, I still have a feeling that something has already been decided and it's just not the right time to announce it.

Still think we are crazy not to offer Sir Big Spur... Everyone knows he was response for South Carolinas 11 win seasons. I hear he's looking for a head coaching gig though. I could also see him and Gus bumping heads...

Yep but for better or worse, I still have a feeling that something has already been decided and it's just not the right time to announce it.

This is exactly what I have been saying for days. I think the deal is done and we will know on or before Jan 1.

Archived