Staff Changes

fredst

I say we give Chavis the opportunity to turn us down. It looks like something ugly is brewing in College Station and is about to bubble over and Chavis may be looking to get the heck out of Dodge.

Always liked the guy. Wonder if we can get in his ear?

I don't know but the rumblings with the Aggie fans is that things are about to blow up bigtime with Sumlin.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say we give Chavis the opportunity to turn us down. It looks like something ugly is brewing in College Station and is about to bubble over and Chavis may be looking to get the heck out of Dodge.

Always liked the guy. Wonder if we can get in his ear?

I don't know but the rumblings with the Aggie fans is that things are about to blow up bigtime with Sumlin.

Some Aggie fans don't think he'll make it to Christmas.

There is absolutely 0% of info from anyone involved with AU about the DC position. So it seems to me Gus already has his man. IMO anyways.

This is what I have suspected all along. I'm ready to see who it is.

There is absolutely 0% of info from anyone involved with AU about the DC position. So it seems to me Gus already has his man. IMO anyways.

That would also help explain the class holding together. You usually see multiple decommits during a time like we've have the past few weeks. Many people are baffled that our recruiting is actually looking great and possibly the players have an idea who the DC is

That would also help explain the class holding together. You usually see multiple decommits during a time like we've have the past few weeks. Many people are baffled that our recruiting is actually looking great and possibly the players have an idea who the DC is

If that's true then I'm surprised they can keep a secret! :-)

If that's true then I'm surprised they can keep a secret! :-)

Exactly or it could be that Gus, LT, and RG did a great job recruiting these guys and selling Auburn and not a coach.

I agree with WDE on this one. Coach has made his decision on a DC. It is just too quiet. Personally, I think it is Allen and he will be named after their bowl game. This certainly has not hurt our recruiting any. After Jackson committing yesterday, we are something like 6th in the composite rankings. Garner is busting it. Impressive.

++++++ (or as ever how has already said)

Chavis

Are you okay?

at times .... some times :dunno:/>

(or as ever how many have already said)

Lol. Are you trying to say +++++++++++1 ?

OK, I'm both concerned and confused.

Currently on we need both a DC and a DB coach. IMHO Lance Thompson (LB coach) is the best Coach we have on the D staff right now. But, Tom Allen also coaches LB's and I see a lot of positive ink about T. Williams (a LB coach).

What am I missing?

Players transferring, recruits decommitting, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

Well, that's what I heard!

Currently on we need both a DC and a DB coach. IMHO Lance Thompson (LB coach) is the best Coach we have on the D staff right now. But, Tom Allen also coaches LB's and I see a lot of positive ink about T. Williams (a LB coach).

What am I missing?

Nothing really. Most defensive coaches are capable of coaching more than one position. You hear about Allen but it's all coming from rumor and people just throwing out names. We have zero idea of what is actually going on as far as getting coaches in place.

What am I missing?

Coach Scott as well.

Could we run a 4-7?

What am I missing?

Missing the fact that CLT doesn't coach linebackers, he coaches Buck and DEs. Champ was the LB coach, so currently we have a need. A DC that also coaches LBs fits nicely.

What am I missing?

Missing the fact that CLT doesn't coach linebackers, he coaches Buck and DEs. Champ was the LB coach, so currently we have a need. A DC that also coaches LBs fits nicely.

I think I would like to see Travis Williams promoted to LB Coach. If our DC is a LB Coach also he can help with LBs.

Archived