Staff Changes

fredst

Re Manny Fernandez, he's hard to figure IMO. The guy will take slightly better than average players and have them world beaters one season and looking slightly better than average the next. I personally feel there are about a dozen guys better than Fernandez that may talk seriously with gus after bowl season...which we should wait for having waited this long perusing the blah DC pool kicking around right now.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re Manny Fernandez, he's hard to figure IMO. The guy will take slightly better than average players and have them world beaters one season and looking slightly better than average the next. I personally feel there are about a dozen guys better than Fernandez that may talk seriously with gus after bowl season...which we should wait for having waited this long perusing the blah DC pool kicking around right now.

Well if that is his MO, then he will fit right in with the Auburn Athletic Department.

I'm not the only person who thinks Tracy Rocker would be a very good DC for Auburn. I've read many posts on here saying the same thing.

What makes you think he would be a good DC at AU? Any reasons you care to elaborate on?

Still waiting on why you believe this is a good idea?

I'm not the only person who thinks Tracy Rocker would be a very good DC for Auburn. I've read many posts on here saying the same thing.

What makes you think he would be a good DC at AU? Any reasons you care to elaborate on?

Still waiting on why you believe this is a good idea?

You know better than to question a4e. It's always best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Will somebody please get John Chavis on the phone. Texas A&M is going to implode before their bowl game! I think Sumlin is on an even hotter seat than Malzahn. Chavis may be regretting what he got himself into and be ready to jump ship.

I don't think it's out the realm of possibility that Chavis would leave. They are in worse shape then us

BTW are we going to recruit Kyler Murray?

Murray won't be released to an SEC school, like Allen.

Forgive my ignorance, but if he flats out quits the team and gives Sumlin the finger, can he go where ever he wants?

He would have to be granted a release and. He most likely could not then play in the SEC.

Will somebody please get John Chavis on the phone. Texas A&M is going to implode before their bowl game! I think Sumlin is on an even hotter seat than Malzahn. Chavis may be regretting what he got himself into and be ready to jump ship.

I don't think it's out the realm of possibility that Chavis would leave. They are in worse shape then us

BTW are we going to recruit Kyler Murray?

Murray won't be released to an SEC school, like Allen.

Forgive my ignorance, but if he flats out quits the team and gives Sumlin the finger, can he go where ever he wants?

He can enroll anywhere he wants but without being released he's going to have to sit two years and pay his own way.

i think this is incorrect tig. He only sits one year either way, he cannot be on scholarship during the first year if he is not released. The only difference is he pays his own way for one year. Like Corey Grant.

yep you are correct. I don't think it'll be an issue as he'll likely end up at a school where that won't be a problem. I think someone mentioned the possibility of Texas.

And he could earn s scholarship his second year?

Yes, but those were your post too.

:hellyeah:

See that non-candidate John Chavis has apparently caught LSU in some contract shenanigans..they changed his contract after he signed it.....gonna cost the corn dawgs some pretty serous money plus if JC has a good lawyer, they might be able to pile on with some charges of defamation too.

BUT...don't think he's leaving LSU unless KS gets the boot.

See that non-candidate John Chavis has apparently caught LSU in some contract shenanigans..they changed his contract after he signed it.....gonna cost the corn dawgs some pretty serous money plus if JC has a good lawyer, they might be able to pile on with some charges of defamation too.

I'm confused. Chavis is at aTm, no?

Wut?

Yes...my bad...LSU is the one that tried to screw him to keep him there...but he's at TAMU as you note....and not likely coming to AU

Sorry.

Yes...my bad...LSU is the one that tried to screw him to keep him there...but he's at TAMU as you note....and not likely coming to AU

Sorry.

Oh, yeah -- I don't think he's coming to Auburn, either!

I'm interested to see who the new DC will be. However, with the way recruiting is going, I think it's less pressing than I thought it would be. We need a really good DB coach and LB coach; but I think we're doing ok otherwise. Will be interesting to see whether the new DC agrees.

Sorry.

They really screwed the pooch on that one They didn't think he'd leave for A&M.

I am seeing so many crazy names popping up all over the place. I guess it is fun to speculate and I love this as much as the next Auburn fan. However folks, Gus needs to find the right man for this job. At this point, it may be after the bowl game before it happens. Personally, I think Gus needs to find his man and pull the trigger. I think he needs to land one of the following:

1. Mr. Allen USF (he seems to be one of, if not the best candidate 60% chance).

2. Bob Shoop PSU (slight chance of getting him. He would be a super hire no doubt 30% chance)

3. Dave Aranda Wisk. (another super hire for sure 20%)

4. Paul Rhoades ISU former (Rhoades would be a solid hire in that he did a good job here; also, he would likely want to bring his DC from ISU. We would get a super double package with this hire 25% chance)

I do not know what the heck I am talking about!

One last thing....Many Diaz's defenses have not done well against bammer. Neither did Muschamp's this season. If we had managed to win the Iron Bowl, then I would have thought we had gotten our 1.6 million dollars worth!

I am guessing the pressure is off Gus to find someone quickly given that 1) its the dead period and 2) AJ committed to us today. Is there any real reason for him to rush it now? I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't hire someone until after the NFL regular season.

Interesting free read from AUC about Justin Garrett's reaction to coaching changes.

Sounds like a mature kid.

“I got recruited by Coach Roof, and it was hard seeing him leave, and Coach Van Gorder and Coach Johnson,” Garrett said. “Looking back on it, it’s made me a better player and a better man, just being able to transition. Coaches come and go, but you’ve got to play for 'The AU.' Learning different schemes and techniques has made me a better player overall.”[/color]]

I say we give Chavis the opportunity to turn us down. It looks like something ugly is brewing in College Station and is about to bubble over and Chavis may be looking to get the heck out of Dodge.

I say we give Chavis the opportunity to turn us down. It looks like something ugly is brewing in College Station and is about to bubble over and Chavis may be looking to get the heck out of Dodge.

Always liked the guy. Wonder if we can get in his ear?

Archived