Staff Changes

fredst

Now Todd Grantham's name is floating around. You've got to be kidding.

Not thrilled with it. Seems like an arrogant SOB without the resume to back it up. I mean, he's not terrible. But he's not God's gift to defense either.

No. We need consistency. He never stays anywhere for very long. He wants to be a HC. He will jump at the first job that comes his way.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not thrilled with it. Seems like an arrogant SOB without the resume to back it up. I mean, he's not terrible. But he's not God's gift to defense either.

No. We need consistency. He never stays anywhere for very long. He wants to be a HC. He will jump at the first job that comes his way.

This ^^

what gives you any indication TR would be a good coordinator or even want to?

Don't even bother responding to him. Seriously.

Agreed. This is one of those times where meta is simply speaking the truth.

A4E just pulls these things out of his file ofor ready made posts. He cycles everything around and just repeats everything over and over like it's on a loop or something.

what gives you any indication TR would be a good coordinator or even want to?

Don't even bother responding to him. Seriously.

Agreed. This is one of those times where meta is simply speaking the truth.

A4E just pulls these things out of his file ofor ready made posts. He cycles everything around and just repeats everything over and over like it's on a loop or something.

He's not the only one on this board that does it either.

Will somebody please get John Chavis on the phone. Texas A&M is going to implode before their bowl game! I think Sumlin is on an even hotter seat than Malzahn. Chavis may be regretting what he got himself into and be ready to jump ship.

I don't think it's out the realm of possibility that Chavis would leave. They are in worse shape then us

BTW are we going to recruit Kyler Murray?

I'm not the only person who thinks Tracy Rocker would be a very good DC for Auburn. I've read many posts on here saying the same thing.

Yes, but those were your post too.

Will somebody please get John Chavis on the phone. Texas A&M is going to implode before their bowl game! I think Sumlin is on an even hotter seat than Malzahn. Chavis may be regretting what he got himself into and be ready to jump ship.

I don't think it's out the realm of possibility that Chavis would leave. They are in worse shape then us

Murray won't be released to an SEC school, like Allen.

I could easily be wrong but I'd bet that Gus already has his DC selected.....maybe not complete deal yet but I kinda doubt that he is still looking around.

I'm not the only person who thinks Tracy Rocker would be a very good DC for Auburn. I've read many posts on here saying the same thing.

I laughed... Then I laughed again

What makes you think he would be a good DC at AU? Any reasons you care to elaborate on?

Forgive my ignorance, but if he flats out quits the team and gives Sumlin the finger, can he go where ever he wants?

Even so he's coming to a situation where it's not exactly the most stable in the world. I think hell take his chances there and if it doesn't work out then hell have no shortage of suitors.

Forgive my ignorance, but if he flats out quits the team and gives Sumlin the finger, can he go where ever he wants?

He can enroll anywhere he wants but without being released he's going to have to sit two years and pay his own way.

He can enroll anywhere he wants but without being released he's going to have to sit two years and pay his own way.

He could go the JUCO route and then transfer here also, without missing a year if we were that serious about recruiting him.

Thanks Bird!! Now, how do you get beer out of a keyboard?

wait-what.jpg

i think this is incorrect tig. He only sits one year either way, he cannot be on scholarship during the first year if he is not released. The only difference is he pays his own way for one year. Like Corey Grant.

I've seen a lot of good DC candidates mentioned and I don't know who the best person is, but there is a DC that I've been a big fan of for a while...that's Manny Diaz. Anybody care to offer any thoughts?

i think this is incorrect tig. He only sits one year either way, he cannot be on scholarship during the first year if he is not released. The only difference is he pays his own way for one year. Like Corey Grant.

yep you are correct. I don't think it'll be an issue as he'll likely end up at a school where that won't be a problem. I think someone mentioned the possibility of Texas.

I've seen a lot of good DC candidates mentioned and I don't know who the best person is, but there is a DC that I've been a big fan of for a while...that's Manny Diaz. Anybody care to offer any thoughts?

Sure he's good but why would he leave his current gig to come to AU? There are a lot of really good coaches but the uncertainty is going to limit the pool.

Why would anyone even think that Grantham would be a good hire? He's not a good DC and he's a terrible person....they ran him out of UGA. This is the coach that made the "choke" sign at the UF player. Plus we would have to pay him Muschamp type money and he is most definitely NOT worth it. I'm hoping this is just Phillip Marshall throwing the 247 posters a bone, they are getting restless without any info.

Why would anyone even think that Grantham would be a good hire? He's not a good DC and he's a terrible person....they ran him out of UGA. This is the coach that made the "choke" sign at the UF player. Plus we would have to pay him Muschamp type money and he is most definitely NOT worth it. I'm hoping this is just Phillip Marshall throwing the 247 posters a bone, they are getting restless without any info.

Agreed. He also got in the face of Vandy coach Franklin. No class. I like the idea of the South FL guy or an Ole Miss assistant that can coach and recruit. Who would have thought Ole Miss has the #1 recruiting class now. That is unacceptable.

Archived