Staff Changes

fredst

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Allen's 4-2-5 could do just fine at Auburn if he is here for more than 1 year. As others have said the scheme works fine at ole miss. The key is getting personnel to fill the role of a true hybrid. And establishing a pass rush and over all d-line push. I don't believe the problem with Ellis' D was the scheme.

It was the scheme, if you consider a scheme a subset of a defense. Many of Ellis' defensive schemes in his 4-2-5 were different from Dave Wommack's schemes in his 4-2-5. And both are different from Bud Foster's schemes in his 4-2-5.

Don't disagree with what you're saying. I just meant the 4-2-5 scheme in general.

Derek Jones would be an option for secondary coach and/or Special Teams coach. Currently coaching at Duke. He played under Cutcliffe at Ole Miss but may come for more money. Great recruiter that has Duke's recruiting class in the top 25.

Not thrilled with it. Seems like an arrogant SOB without the resume to back it up. I mean, he's not terrible. But he's not God's gift to defense either.

Who would you consider the lord's gift to defense? Like who would be the A+++++ hire for AU? Feasible or not, just curious.

No Grantham. I'd take Lance Thompson being promoted before Grantham. My top 3

1. Randy Shannon

2. Paul Rhoades

3. Butch Davis

I would take pretty much anyone over Grantham.

Not thrilled with it. Seems like an arrogant SOB without the resume to back it up. I mean, he's not terrible. But he's not God's gift to defense either.

Who would you consider the lord's gift to defense?

Reggie White!

Like who would be the A+++++ hire for AU? Feasible or not, just curious.

Honestly, I don't think there is an A+ hire out there. But there are a few guys that in 2 years will be As. I hope we get one of those guys!

A $750,000-$800,000 DC seems about right and it would be a step up for a DC at a smaller program. Let the guys commanding all these premiums and not producing get paid somewhere else.

With the way things have been going lately, it wouldn't surprise me if Gus names Lance as DC because he couldn't or wouldn't go get a well known coach who could be Auburn's DC. Like Tracy Rocker.

With the way things have been going lately, it wouldn't surprise me if Gus names Lance as DC because he couldn't or wouldn't go get a well known coach who could be Auburn's DC. Like Tracy Rocker.

what gives you any indication TR would be a good coordinator or even want to?

Grantham????hmmmmmm. Very strange that he is even mentioned.

what gives you any indication TR would be a good coordinator or even want to?

Don't even bother responding to him. Seriously.

Agreed. This is one of those times where meta is simply speaking the truth.

Will somebody please get John Chavis on the phone. Texas A&M is going to implode before their bowl game! I think Sumlin is on an even hotter seat than Malzahn. Chavis may be regretting what he got himself into and be ready to jump ship.

tumblr_mjzrkxXqwC1qf03k0o1_250.gif

Will somebody please get John Chavis on the phone. Texas A&M is going to implode before their bowl game! I think Sumlin is on an even hotter seat than Malzahn. Chavis may be regretting what he got himself into and be ready to jump ship.

I'm sure there is a buy-put clause in his contract that would prevent him from leaving.

I'm sure there is a buy-put clause in his contract that would prevent him from leaving.

Wait, so Chavis is a guy we can throw an incredibly ridiculous amount of money at, AND pay A&M a ton of money for him too!?!?

Please, somebody tell JJ right now! This is a perfect deal!

Is auburn4ever a real person? His post are almost all the same.

Best I can give is the Turing test.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

This site is the perfect test bed, and you've already started evaluating.

Is auburn4ever a real person? His post are almost all the same.

No, he's part of the Matrix. That's why he has so many posts-no sleep necessary. Mr. Anderson hasn't quite mastered human interaction yet

Archived