Staff Changes

fredst

USF DC Tom Allen has had no formal conversations with Auburn, per Tampa Bay Times' sources. That was tweeted by Marcello yesterday.

I think the keyword is "formal"

Kind of like, I haven't offered anyone the job. Or when Muschamp was hired last year he stated: "Auburn was the only school that offered"

I agree, just posted this since it's extremely quiet right now and people are wanting to hear some kind of news one way or the other. The USF article is titled "Allen has not left the building (yet)"

So they're paying attention to the smoke and looking for the fire down there, also.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USF DC Tom Allen has had no formal conversations with Auburn, per Tampa Bay Times' sources. That was tweeted by Marcello yesterday.

I think the keyword is "formal"

Kind of like, I haven't offered anyone the job. Or when Muschamp was hired last year he stated: "Auburn was the only school that offered"

I agree, just posted this since it's extremely quiet right now and people are wanting to hear some kind of news one way or the other. The USF article is titled "Allen has not left the building (yet)"

So they're paying attention to the smoke and looking for the fire down there, also.

I believe so, football scoop says that he really wants to be an SEC DC, but has to get comfortable with the situation at AU

If it was going to be Tom Allen, then why hasn't it happened yet? You would think that Tom Allen would be all over that...

We only found out about Kelly's final decision on Saturday. It's Tuesday. Chill, bruh.

If it was going to be Tom Allen, then why hasn't it happened yet? You would think that Tom Allen would be all over that...

Check the post right above yours. Auburn's not exactly a picture of stability right now to the casual observer. Dude needs to do his due diligence before taking any job, regardless.

Check the post right above yours. Auburn's not exactly a picture of stability right now to the casual observer. Dude needs to do his due diligence before taking any job, regardless.

A lot of well respected DCs have had mediocre (or worse) results at AU in recent years.....a prospective coach might want to think about why that might happen...and what he could do differently.

I'm sure this has alreay been mentioned but I can't find it anywhere

What happened to Lashlee getting interviewed and being the top choice for those schools?

They read this board and realized if we were so happy to see him go that they didn't want him

What happened to Lashlee getting interviewed and being the top choice for those schools?

They read this board and realized if we were so happy to see him go that they didn't want him

so all of the schools considering him went elsewhere? Or we are just assuming they did

so all of the schools considering him went elsewhere? Or we are just assuming they did

I'm not sure to be honest I was just trying to be funny. Emphasis on "trying".

Let's face it.....the offense belongs to Malzahn. For Lashlee to get a job (if he really wants to move on), he will have to start small. He has to prove to schools he can do something on his own. So far he has been Malzahn's apprentice. Nothing at all wrong with that either.

Lashlee is still in the top 5 for GA Southern. Gibson WVU DC, Pry Penn St Co-DC, Chadwell Charleston Southern HC, Davis Army OC, and Lashlee

A lot of well respected DCs have had mediocre (or worse) results at AU in recent years.....a prospective coach might want to think about why that might happen...and what he could do differently.

He may also, in weighing the cost, wonder why those well respected DCs who had good to great careers prior to/and after coming to Auburn, has had mediocre (or worse) results at AU.

That's a good question that needs to be answered.

Some believe that he's (at least recently) on GA Southern's list, but they (school) have already said they will not announce diddly 'til something settled.

ETA: only slightly stale link

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/12/11/9897772/willie-fritz-is-headed-to-tulane-heres-who-could-replace-him-at

Nice.

How does the search go from Gus' side? Does he reach out to his network or is he utilizing Jimmy Sexton's network or how does it work? Seems like Gus' limited experience in college football might hinder him when compared to coaches to climbed the ladder in the college game. Could this possibly be why we go after so many ex Auburn players to fill our staff?

Nice.

How does the search go from Gus' side? Does he reach out to his network or is he utilizing Jimmy Sexton's network or how does it work? Seems like Gus' limited experience in college football might hinder him. Could this possibly be why we go after so many ex Auburn players to fill our staff?

I'd guess that the chain of communication goes Gus > AU admin types > candidate's agent > candidate. AU reps talk to agent to gauge candidate's interest, find out his needs and concerns, etc. A lot of those questions would be answered by the AD and not Gus, anyway. Just my guess, though.

Nice.

How does the search go from Gus' side? Does he reach out to his network or is he utilizing Jimmy Sexton's network or how does it work? Seems like Gus' limited experience in college football might hinder him. Could this possibly be why we go after so many ex Auburn players to fill our staff?

Oh, and you might have a point there.

Lashlee is still in the top 5 for GA Southern. Gibson WVU DC, Pry Penn St Co-DC, Chadwell Charleston Southern HC, Davis Army OC, and Lashlee

Might be a good fit there

Already on staff are:

Coach McGee (former co-worker at Auburn, currently interim HC/RBs), and

Coach Ruse (fellow Arky the state not the school, heavy option in scheme, and currently OC/QBs)

ETA: Fresher link than I presented above (and might be the same cited by Charhair):

“Andrew Harry of Eagle Sports Insider tells us that Gibson has gained strong support from both the fan base and boosters lately. He is among five finalists including Brent Pry (PSU co-defensive coordinator), Rhett Lashlee (Auburn offensive coordinator), Jamey Chadwell (Charleston Southern head coach), and Brent Davis (Army offensive coordinator).”

http://www.bluegoldsports.com/breaking-tony-gibson-finalist-for-georgia-southern-vacancy/

Wouldn't shock me. Not that a soul on here has any idea whether Lashlee was to blame for our issues or not. Just an easy scapegoat.

Wouldn't shock me. Not that a soul on here has any idea whether Lashlee was to blame for our issues or not. Just an easy scapegoat.

I think the vitriol has been- predictably- way over the top, but some of our more informed friends have posted that CRL has not exactly earned his paycheck. Furthermore, those same folks said that Gus wasn't exactly trying to talk him out of other opportunities after last year IIRC.

Let's face it.....the offense belongs to Malzahn. For Lashlee to get a job (if he really wants to move on), he will have to start small. He has to prove to schools he can do something on his own. So far he has been Malzahn's apprentice. Nothing at all wrong with that either.

A while back it was suggested by a board VIP that Lashlee was in line for the Samford job but he decided to hold out for something bigger. When he decided to stay CGM gave him a sink/swim opportunity. Now he's probably looking at a demotion here or a step down somewhere else.

WDE!

Since it looks like we won't be getting Charles Kelly, I'm still hoping Malzahn will hire Randy Shannon.

This is a cogent thought that could potentially further the conversation. Nice.

Archived