Staff Changes

fredst

Since he went ahead and named LT the interim for the bowl game and named GA's to the other two spots this would lead me to believe he,is either toying with the idea of making LT permanent or bringing in some big name coach they are negotiating with.

Kinda like Harbison last year ....could be Lance...u never know with AU football

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since he went ahead and named LT the interim for the bowl game and named GA's to the other two spots this would lead me to believe he,is either toying with the idea of making LT permanent or bringing in some big name coach they are negotiating with.

I think it's the former, a live interview.

I heard AU is not going to have a DC. Just recruit guys and play a base defense every snap. all coaching will be invested in the offense with hopes of just out scoring everyone AU plays - J/k I actually did the silence this ho around...bunker down and hire your guy Gus...

Come again?

Come on Eagle, don't you speak typo? "dig the silence this go around"

You really have to spell out the jokes around here foundation.

I thought I did it pretty well here...ended up at the bottom of the last page and likely got missed I suppose

I heard AU is not going to have a DC. Just recruit guys and play a base defense every snap. all coaching will be invested in the offense with hopes of just out scoring everyone AU plays - J/k I actually did the silence this ho around...bunker down and hire your guy Gus...

Come again?

Come on Eagle, don't you speak typo? "dig the silence this go around"

And I was sure it was this:

25hk174.gif

Gideon's father coached a few years at my HS & is a really respected head coach. Bill Parcells said this about one of his asst. coach choices: I know he is going to be a good coach because he is the son of a coach-he gets it. I will watch the secondary with special interest now in the bowl game & root for the Texas boy to come through for us against a great QB.

Coach Malzahn stated in his presser today that he has not offered the job to anybody yet. So, what was all the smoke circling around Charles Kelly? Was he offered? Was there just intense negotiation with no official offer? Did Kelly feel the need to say he was not leaving FSU just to put the rumors to rest?

A lot of possibilities. I am shocked from everything that we were hearing that some type of offer wasn't extended. It would be interesting to see what Kelly had to say if he was asked point blank if Gus offered him the job.

My guess? Agents...

Coach Malzahn stated in his presser today that he has not offered the job to anybody yet. So, what was all the smoke circling around Charles Kelly? Was he offered? Was there just intense negotiation with no official offer? Did Kelly feel the need to say he was not leaving FSU just to put the rumors to rest?

A lot of possibilities. I am shocked from everything that we were hearing that some type of offer wasn't extended. It would be interesting to see what Kelly had to say if he was asked point blank if Gus offered him the job.

My guess? Agents...

I think Malzahn qualified his statement by saying there was no official offer, key word being "official," whatever that means.

Gus is being less than truthful to the fanbase, gotta save face. He went all in and it didn't work. But he got Kelly a raise. Unfortunate, but he is saying what he has to say, he just won't do it on a Bible.

Gus is being less than truthful to the fanbase, gotta save face. He went all in and it didn't work. But he got Kelly a raise. Unfortunate, but he is saying what he has to say, he just won't do it on a Bible.

And you know all of this how? need a link if you were not there personally. Just hate it when people so casually call someone a liar with nothing to back it up.

And you know all of this how? need a link if you were not there personally. Just hate it when people so casually call someone a liar with nothing to back it up.

Maybe like when he said Carl Lawson was day to day, or when he said he hasn't offered anyone when he really has, or when.... I have no problem with him hidin the ball, just don't be deceitful about it.

The way this game works is, you talk what it would take to get a person to take the job, throw some hypothetical numbers out there that would possibly be agreeable and then they consider it. But you don't make a formal offer until you know the answer.

The way this game works is, you talk what it would take to get a person to take the job, throw some hypothetical numbers out there that would possibly be agreeable and then they consider it. But you don't make a formal offer until you know the answer.

do you really think the numbers are hypothetical? There has to be obvious approval of those numbers from the AD before you throw them out there. Schematics, he was top priority, unfortunately it didn't work out. The way it works is the agent sees how desperate you are and plays his cards with his client and he leaks info to sources to help his client(wallet).

Here's something to consider, since so many like to use Alabama as the benchmark by which we should model our program- at least in some ways. Since Malzahn is an offensive mind and Saban defensive, let's look at Saban's OC hires since arriving in West Vance. First came Major Applewhite, an up and coming, but thoroughly unproven choice. That didn't work out all that well, and Bama fans were waiting with baited breath for his "splash" hire replacement... some guy named McElwain from Fresno State. Not exactly what the fan base had in mind, but it's hard to argue it wasn't a solid choice in retrospect. He leaves for CSU and is replaced by Doug Nussmeier, another under the radar choice. Of all of Saban's UAT offensive coordinators, Lane is the only one who could be considered a flashy, earth shattering hire. Saban ignores the battle to win the press conference and picks the best overall candidate that fits with what he wants to do. Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned there.

do you really think the numbers are hypothetical? There has to be obvious approval of those numbers from the AD before you throw them out there. Schematics, he was top priority, unfortunately it didn't work out. The way it works is the agent sees how desperate you are and plays his cards with his client and he leaks info to sources to help his client(wallet).

That sort of stuff is worked out ahead of time. You have a list, you have what they make now, and some figures for the minimum you think it would take to get them and the maximum you're willing to pay. But this is all backchannel stuff that happens. There is no actual "offer" until you know you're getting a 'yes.'

Here's something to consider, since so many like to use Alabama as the benchmark by which we should model our program- at least in some ways. Since Malzahn is an offensive mind and Saban defensive, let's look at Saban's OC hires since arriving in West Vance. First came Major Applewhite, an up and coming, but thoroughly unproven choice. That didn't work out all that well, and Bama fans were waiting with baited breath for his "splash" hire replacement... some guy named McElwain from Fresno State. Not exactly what the fan base had in mind, but it's hard to argue it wasn't a solid choice in retrospect. He leaves for CSU and is replaced by Doug Nussmeier, another under the radar choice. Of all of Saban's UAT offensive coordinators, Lane is the only one who could be considered a flashy, earth shattering hire. Saban ignores the battle to win the press conference and picks the best overall candidate that fits with what he wants to do. Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned there.

Hes-right-you-know-meme.png

That's it exactly. Just get the best man regardless of name. I think that the splash hire isn't out there this year. anyway

That's it exactly. Just get the best man regardless of name. I think that the splash hire isn't out there this year. anyway

Been saying that pretty much since we started. Lots of good coaches out there few people know about.

Been saying that pretty much since we started. Lots of good coaches out there few people know about.

It helps a little when Saban's OCs have 4 and 5* players to use in their system.

It helps a little when Saban's OCs have 4 and 5* players to use in their system.

Judging by the same rankings, we've had some pretty good talent come our way, too.

Rumored or just simply a false report?????

Word has it that these candidates all were turned down for the DC job and for the following reasons!

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin - JJ would not allow a beer truck on the field during halftime.

2. Miley Cirus - it is thought that the foam finger would be a distraction in the stands

3. Vladimir Putin - Russian Jets would not be used for fly overs

4. Stevie Wonder - the Athlectic Dept just could not SEE this as a possibility

5. Donald Trump - while he could fund the entire university, he desired the right th fire anyone on the spot for lack of performance

6. Larry the Cable Guy - his inbred family does not want to move their trailer from Tuscaloosa

7. Bill Clinton - he wanted all female interns and cigars ?????? Strange request - they just blew him off

8. Hillary Clinton - something about not wanting Bill's sloppy seconds, her email was encrypted

I am sure the search continues.

Rumored or just simply a false report?????

Word has it that these candidates all were turned down for the DC job and for the following reasons!

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin - JJ would not allow a beer truck on the field during halftime.

2. Miley Cirus - it is thought that the foam finger would be a distraction in the stands

3. Vladimir Putin - Russian Jets would not be used for fly overs

4. Stevie Wonder - the Athlectic Dept just could not SEE this as a possibility

5. Donald Trump - while he could fund the entire university, he desired the right th fire anyone on the spot for lack of performance

6. Larry the Cable Guy - his inbred family does not want to move their trailer from Tuscaloosa

7. Bill Clinton - he wanted all female interns and cigars ?????? Strange request - they just blew him off

8. Hillary Clinton - something about not wanting Bill's sloppy seconds, her email was encrypted

I am sure the search continues.

You left out Chuck Norris.

USF DC Tom Allen has had no formal conversations with Auburn, per Tampa Bay Times' sources. That was tweeted by Marcello yesterday.

I think the keyword is "formal"

Kind of like, I haven't offered anyone the job. Or when Muschamp was hired last year he stated: "Auburn was the only school that offered"

USF DC Tom Allen has had no formal conversations with Auburn, per Tampa Bay Times' sources. That was tweeted by Marcello yesterday.

I think the keyword is "formal"

Kind of like, I haven't offered anyone the job. Or when Muschamp was hired last year he stated: "Auburn was the only school that offered"

I agree, just posted this since it's extremely quiet right now and people are wanting to hear some kind of news one way or the other. The USF article is titled "Allen has not left the building (yet)"

Archived