Staff Changes

fredst

At this point I'm gonna be sad if it's not Tom Allen. Yall got my hopes up with all of your cackling.

I would like him or Shannon.

Those are my choices too. We will see. Odds are it's gonna be someone we've never heard of.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I'm gonna be sad if it's not Tom Allen. Yall got my hopes up with all of your cackling.

I would like him or Shannon.

Those are my choices too. We will see. Odds are it's gonna be someone we've never heard of.

I am good with that as long as we get someone who makes us better.

Someone mentioned this to me, but I do not know a lot about him. What is everyone's thoughts on Al Golden?

:dunno:/>

Golden would be a very good hire and I think he'd be around atleast 2 or 3 years

We're not experts. We only read their bios, or maybe got to see their teams play.

But isnt there much more than what kind of Defensive coaching they bring to the table? Isnt recruiting critical to their ability?

If so, we even know less about their recruiting ability, right? What is Allen's ability to recruit? Or any of those coaches you guys like?

These threads are getting monotonous so I haven't been keeping up, but it would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between the people complaining Thompson hasn't been a DC in ten years with the people upset that TRob wasn't offered the DC position.

These threads are getting monotonous so I haven't been keeping up, but it would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between the people complaining Thompson hasn't been a DC in ten years with the people upset that TRob wasn't offered the DC position.

The irony is thick in that line of thinking lol.

Someone mentioned this to me, but I do not know a lot about him. What is everyone's thoughts on Al Golden?

Golden would be a very good hire and I think he'd be around atleast 2 or 3 years

People said the same thing about Muschamp. He was a HC and most likely would jump ship to be one again

....or the people that somehow think current DCs that were given their first chance by other programs, who now have 1 year (Allen) and 2 years (Kelly) experience, somehow make them so much better. Maybe it's time AU didn't rely on other programs to decide who is or is not qualified to be a DC.

People said the same thing about Muschamp. He was a HC and most likely would jump ship to be one again

I never said WM would be around that long. Golden doesn't have all the hype and flare of WM. There are people who probably don't know who Golden is that's not the case with WM.

I heard AU is not going to have a DC. Just recruit guys and play a base defense every snap. all coaching will be invested in the offense with hopes of just out scoring everyone AU plays - J/k I actually dig the silence this go around...bunker down and hire your guy Gus...

I heard AU is not going to have a DC. Just recruit guys and play a base defense every snap. all coaching will be invested in the offense with hopes of just out scoring everyone AU plays - J/k I actually did the silence this ho around...bunker down and hire your guy Gus...

Come again?

I heard AU is not going to have a DC. Just recruit guys and play a base defense every snap. all coaching will be invested in the offense with hopes of just out scoring everyone AU plays - J/k I actually did the silence this ho around...bunker down and hire your guy Gus...

Come again?

Come on Eagle, don't you speak typo? "dig the silence this go around"

....or the people that somehow think current DCs that were given their first chance by other programs, who now have 1 year (Allen) and 2 years (Kelly) experience, somehow make them so much better. Maybe it's time AU didn't rely on other programs to decide who is or is not qualified to be a DC.

Who do you rely on to judge who is qualified or not to be a DC? You want someone with a good history of coordinating a top shelf defense. This is the SEC, you want a guy that can coach an SEC caliber D. Gus is ALL offense - that means we need a known factor on the defensive side of the ball. A guy that can take the job and run it the minute he steps on campus. A guy that can recruit lights out with the LSUs/UGAs/UATs/FLAs of the conference. If we had anyone on staff today on defense that could do those things, then Gus would have hired him already.

Come again?

And I was sure it was this:

25hk174.gif

Come again?

iPhone auto correct is lethal....supposed to be "I like the silence this go around" from Gus.....got of my flight and was like what's up with the silencing of the you know what lol....

Who do you rely on to judge who is qualified or not to be a DC? You want someone with a good history of coordinating a top shelf defense. This is the SEC, you want a guy that can coach an SEC caliber D. Gus is ALL offense - that means we need a known factor on the defensive side of the ball. A guy that can take the job and run it the minute he steps on campus. A guy that can recruit lights out with the LSUs/UGAs/UATs/FLAs of the conference. If we had anyone on staff today on defense that could do those things, then Gus would have hired him already.

I think you missed the point.

Coach Malzahn stated in his presser today that he has not offered the job to anybody yet. So, what was all the smoke circling around Charles Kelly? Was he offered? Was there just intense negotiation with no official offer? Did Kelly feel the need to say he was not leaving FSU just to put the rumors to rest?

Coach Malzahn stated in his presser today that he has not offered the job to anybody yet. So, what was all the smoke circling around Charles Kelly? Was he offered? Was there just intense negotiation with no official offer? Did Kelly feel the need to say he was not leaving FSU just to put the rumors to rest?

A lot of possibilities. I am shocked from everything that we were hearing that some type of offer wasn't extended. It would be interesting to see what Kelly had to say if he was asked point blank if Gus offered him the job.

I heard that it is like a play on words..as to whether Kelly was offered OFFICIALLY. Someone said that until a first draft contract was agreed upon and possibly signed, then to us laymen, it was never officially offered. that allows both parties to say they didnt OFFER..or didnt ACCEPT a position.

Just like when coaches say they have NOT been contacted about another job? We all know..someone representing them HAS been contacted or on their behalf negotiates for that coach. We are not stupid..it is just the way the hiring process game is played.

I don't like..but...

Since he went ahead and named LT the interim for the bowl game and named GA's to the other two spots this would lead me to believe he,is either toying with the idea of making LT permanent or bringing in some big name coach they are negotiating with.

Come again?

You really have to spell out the jokes around here foundation.

Archived