Staff Changes

fredst

Allen seems to be a good fit. I would be happy. Think he would take a check?

or HC Lashlee to them in a straight-up swap?

Edit:

Sorry

Brain lapse acknowledged

Such a swap would only make sense for Coach Curtis at GA Southern

Edit to further add

a likely meaningless radar blip

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/12/11/9897772/willie-fritz-is-headed-to-tulane-heres-who-could-replace-him-at

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about promoting Lance Thompson? I know he doesn't have the experience so that might be a dealbreaker or a bust.

I think that's on the table, but Gus would prefer someone with current or recent DC experience. LT was last a coordinator in 2006.

Of course, to some here, Gus deciding LT is the guy to go with is a sign of impending doom and probably one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

What about promoting Lance Thompson? I know he doesn't have the experience so that might be a dealbreaker or a bust.

He is a viable candidate among others and a lot of people have mentioned his name.

I think that's on the table, but Gus would prefer someone with current or recent DC experience. LT was last a coordinator in 2006.

Of course, to some here, Gus deciding LT is the guy to go with is a sign of impending doom and probably one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

You are correct. I've heard that if that happens then we are going to tell 2017 recruits to go elsewhere because the Auburn football program is going to be shut down for a period of no less than 10 years.

You are correct. I've heard that if that happens then we are going to tell 2017 recruits to go elsewhere because the Auburn football program is going to be shut down for a period of no less than 10 years.

I just hate when that happens, dang.

I just hate when that happens, dang.

Ain't it the truth

Dumb question:

Do we have an interim DC?

Someone who would be DC for our bowl game if a hire doesn't occur?

Great question! Dunno yet.

noted elsewhere on the board....Gus did not get the memo that it was necessary to do so before practice starts.....sorry.

Dumb question:

Do we have an interim DC?

Someone who would be DC for our bowl game if a hire doesn't occur?

Great question! Dunno yet.

noted elsewhere on the board....Gus did not get the memo that it was necessary to do so before practice starts.....sorry.

Or he got the other memo that said that the only people who needed to know about it were the people inside of the program.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but has anyone suggested Tracy Rocker for DC? Anyone know if Rocker and Garner would get along or any friction there? To me, a DC offer might get him back to AU. I'm not even sure if he's still at UGa. Don't know if Kirby Smart would retain him.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but has anyone suggested Tracy Rocker for DC? Anyone know if Rocker and Garner would get along or any friction there? To me, a DC offer might get him back to AU. I'm not even sure if he's still at UGa. Don't know if Kirby Smart would retain him.

Yes... that happened very early on and it was quickly pointed out that a) Rocker has no DC experience at all and hasn't really shown any proof that he's qualified b ) if he doesn't like recruiting as a position coach, he'd HATE it as a DC and c) while Rocker is a great Auburn man, there's no proof that adding him at any capacity would be an improvement to the staff.

If Lance is named the DC, it's because we missed on the other choices.

Agreed. That much is obvious at this point. To my way of thinking, though, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. The reasons Thompson might be a good hire have been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere.

If Lance is the guy, I think I'll be optimistically disappointed? Is that a thing? Actually, I'm already disappointed that we didn't hit at the top of the list, so I guess at this point I'm kind of hoping they just turn if over to CLT.

I completely agree with you guys about Lance. He may make an Awesome choice. It just means that Malzahn doesn't think he's the best person for the job. I do like the fact that he brings consistency and a lot of experience with him. I do wonder however, if their is a reason why he isn't tops on the list.

I completely agree with you guys about Lance. He may make an Awesome choice. It just means that Malzahn doesn't think he's the best person for the job. I do like the fact that he brings consistency and a lot of experience with him. I do wonder however, if their is a reason why he isn't tops on the list.

My guess is that the primary reason is lack of experience, but there could be more to it. :shrug:

If Lance is named the DC, it's because we missed on the other choices.

That, however, does not automatically mean he's a bad choice or can't do the job.

Lance would take it and be happy either way. i have no problem with it. Gus' silence has been such that he could sell it fairly well too. I can imagine him saying he had a list that included LT and felt he needed to talk to a few other candidates and have a lot of options before making the decision to keep the momentum that WM had started.

It's simple... since he hasn't been a DC since 2006, he's more of a crap shoot than someone who is currently a DC. He might be a rock star at it, but Gus would obviously prefer to know what he is getting than hope for the best.

Someone mentioned this to me, but I do not know a lot about him. What is everyone's thoughts on Al Golden?

:dunno:

Someone mentioned this to me, but I do not know a lot about him. What is everyone's thoughts on Al Golden?

:dunno:/>

Looks too much like Muschamp. It would just be too weird.

At this point I'm gonna be sad if it's not Tom Allen. Yall got my hopes up with all of your cackling.

I would like him or Shannon.

Archived