Staff Changes

fredst

I think he pursued Kelly and it took longer than expected and it publicly backfired. So I think he spent the rest of the time before the dead period focusing on recruiting. Plus, with the whole Kelly debacle going public, he and his staff might be a little more tight with info... Pure speculation on my part...

It may be speculation, but my gut feeling is you're dead on. He's being much more tight lipped now.

My speculation, as well.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he pursued Kelly and it took longer than expected and it publicly backfired. So I think he spent the rest of the time before the dead period focusing on recruiting. Plus, with the whole Kelly debacle going public, he and his staff might be a little more tight with info... Pure speculation on my part...

It may be speculation, but my gut feeling it you're dead on. He's being much more tight lipped now.

My speculation, as well.

Like the pre-season hype about JJ, Duke and the play-off quality team.....hope Gus is learning to keep his mouth shut. There is nothing gained by floating comments out to our beat writers who don't really have AU's interests in mind anyway.

Media folks and others complain about NS keeping a tight rein on his players and coaches with the media....JMO but he has the right idea and Gus could learn something from him on that point.

Tell us about the DC....when there is something to tell us.....JMO

Regardless of who the DC is I hope Coach Malzhan gets some staff balance to both offense and defense.

Offensive Coaches

Malzhan

Lashlee

Craig

Horton

Fountain

Grimes

Defensive Coaches

Def Coord

Garner

Thompson

DB coach

I'd like to see a little more balance on defense for coaches, regardless of scheme. Like Garner the Tackles coach, bring in someone to coach Ends, Thompson linebacker, and a new DB coach plus the new DC over see all aspects. We would have to drop a offensive coach and not sure exactly who that should be. Possibly Fountain, Hbacks could fall under Horton, TE's under Craig and Grimes depending on the players ability.

If is a 3-4 Coach, Garner to coach DL, Thompson outside backers, another LB coach and a DB coach...

I just feel to have a better defense they need 5 full time coaches and offense 5 full time coaches. Not 6 on one side 4 on the other.

Regardless of who the DC is I hope Coach Malzhan gets some staff balance to both offense and defense.

Offensive Coaches

Malzhan

Lashlee

Craig

Horton

Fountain

Grimes

Defensive Coaches

Def Coord

Garner

Thompson

DB coach

I'd like to see a little more balance on defense for coaches, regardless of scheme. Like Garner the Tackles coach, bring in someone to coach Ends, Thompson linebacker, and a new DB coach plus the new DC over see all aspects. We would have to drop a offensive coach and not sure exactly who that should be. Possibly Fountain, Hbacks could fall under Horton, TE's under Craig and Grimes depending on the players ability.

If is a 3-4 Coach, Garner to coach DL, Thompson outside backers, another LB coach and a DB coach...

I just feel to have a better defense they need 5 full time coaches and offense 5 full time coaches. Not 6 on one side 4 on the other.

You can only have 9 on field assistants, and there are more position groups on offense

Offensive Coaches

Malzhan

Lashlee

Craig

Horton

Fountain

Grimes

Defensive Coaches

Def Coord

Garner

Thompson

DB coach

You can only have 9 on field coaches

It's one head coach and 9 assistants. Plus 2 non paid assistants.

Offensive Coaches

Malzhan

Lashlee

Craig

Horton

Fountain

Grimes

Defensive Coaches

Def Coord

Garner

Thompson

DB coach

You can only have 9 on field coaches

It's one head coach and 9 assistants. Plus 2 non paid assistants.

You are correct, I misstated it earlier. Still maintain that there are more position groups on offense, and more moving parts

Is Allen even a candidate? Is this someone that was brought to our attention like pretty much the rest of the ones we have seen. I wish we had a list of actual legitimate candidates that Gus is looking at. I guess once we see who Gus is for then we all will know. Then again, maybe not.

Is Allen even a candidate? Is this someone that was brought to our attention like pretty much the rest of the ones we have seen. I wish we had a list of actual legitimate candidates that Gus is looking at. I guess once we see who Gus is for then we all will know. Then again, maybe not.

I think one source for saying Allen was being considered is PM. But, at this point, it seems no one really knows anything except Gus and those closest to him. In all honesty, probably best that way.

I think one source for saying Allen was being considered is PM. But, at this point, it seems no one really knows anything except Gus and those closest to him. In all honesty, probably best that way.

PM probably read it on a message board and is tossing the name around to get clicks.

Anyone interested in Coach Allen should watch this video.

This makes me excited about the possibility of getting him.

Me, too! Seems like a very intense guy who loves his players. Those glasses he wears makes him look like he could pass for Gus' brother! LOL

Allen is going to USF.

He's already at USF.

Yes, sorry, my typing is a year behind my brain.

No apologies. He could have been at home and decided to take a drive in to campus and do some work. In that case, he'd be headed to USF. ;)

Found one more. It looks like he is a great motivator and players buy into him:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/usf-dc-tom-allen-takes-heart-to-heart-approach-with-bulls-20151125/

The more I read on him, the more I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get him. Not only do I think he is the coach we need, I feel as if he's the kind of man we need teaching our players. His kind of character is what Auburn has always been about.

Found one more. It looks like he is a great motivator and players buy into him:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/usf-dc-tom-allen-takes-heart-to-heart-approach-with-bulls-20151125/

The more I read on him, the more I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get him. Not only do I think he is the coach we need, I feel as if he's the kind of man we need teaching our players. His kind of character is what Auburn has always been about.

This is a great fit for the current staff. I am excited and I hope we get him

Offensive Coaches

Malzhan

Lashlee

Craig

Horton

Fountain

Grimes

Defensive Coaches

Def Coord

Garner

Thompson

DB coach

I'd like to see us not shaft a coach that's done a good job coaching and recruiting. I mean, is there another guy on our staff that's had a better overall performance than CSF? Grimes, perhaps, but that's debatable.

It just doesn't seem right to demote a coach/coordinator that has player up for a national award when there are other coaches that seem to be less effective at their jobs.

WDE!

Offensive Coaches

Malzhan

Lashlee

Craig

Horton

Fountain

Grimes

Defensive Coaches

Def Coord

Garner

Thompson

DB coach

I think you're confused. Fountain doesn't just coach TEs and FBs, he coaches the entire special teams as well (the one with a national award finalist and a recent player to NFL). Who should coach that? He barely even counts as an offense coach. Also, Malzahn coaches all positions, not just offense so you can take him off the offense list so it's really more like 4.5 offense coaches and 4 defensive coaches. About where it should be.

Allen is going to USF.

He's already at USF.

Yes, sorry, my typing is a year behind my brain.

lol that's frickin funny :hellyeah::bow: thanks for the laugh Rex. I needed it this morning.

Archived