Staff Changes

fredst

I think Allen will be a difficult get. I'm not sure how motivated he is to move up, and he seems tied to Hugh Freeze. If he does have motivations to move into head coaching eventually, then I don't know why it wouldn't be possible.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a long thread. Maybe someone has already mentioned this.

But how about Reggie Herring.

Father of Will Herring and LB coach for Denver. He's got Auburn connections, Strong Defensive resume. It would be a move up for him. Might provide some coaching stability.

he is not the father of Will Herring. His son Adam played at Auburn but had limitations. I can't remember if it was injuries or just not athletic enough. Seems like Will Herring's dad was a local chiropractor.

Who's the DC at Memphis?

Galen Scott (recently promoted from LBs I believe).

Probably impolite to offer before New Years

I think Allen would be a good get. That said, I haven't heard anything the last few days. A lot of people seemed to have gone under ground and that is worrisome to me

A4E, I am seriously wondering, are you just grasping names that you've heard before and throwing them out there or are you seriously interested in them being our DC? It seems like the perceived desperation for a DC has really affected you.

Actually, he/she may be on to something. If we're targeting Coach Scott, it would explain the silence. Can you imagine the outcry if we poached their DC before we played'em?

I think Allen will be a difficult get. I'm not sure how motivated he is to move up, and he seems tied to Hugh Freeze. If he does have motivations to move into head coaching eventually, then I don't know why it wouldn't be possible.

What would make you think he's not motivated to move up? He got into D-1 football in 2011 at Arkansas State as the LB coach, jumped to Ole Miss as LB coach and was there 4 seasons, then jumped to USF to get a DC job. That seems like a guy interested in upward mobility.

What would make you think he's not motivated to move up? He got into D-1 football in 2011 at Arkansas State as the LB coach, jumped to Ole Miss as LB coach and was there 4 seasons, then jumped to USF to get a DC job. That seems like a guy interested in upward mobility.

You know, I didn't even know he had moved on to USF. I thought he was still with Freeze. You are absolutely right. Foot in mouth.

A4E, I am seriously wondering, are you just grasping names that you've heard before and throwing them out there or are you seriously interested in them being our DC? It seems like the perceived desperation for a DC has really affected you.

All he ever does is grasp at straws. He can't tell you one thing about any of the people he mentions. He sees their name in print somewhere and brings it here for no apparent reason.

Ha, when he threw out John Chavis's name a few pages back he was grasping, now it's just off the rails.

Ha, when he threw out John Chavis's name a few pages back he was grasping, now it's just off the rails.

A&M's defense went from #102 in total defense to 42nd in one year under Chavis. To think he'd be wanting to bail right now is ludicrous.

This is a long thread. Maybe someone has already mentioned this.

But how about Reggie Herring.

Father of Will Herring and LB coach for Denver. He's got Auburn connections, Strong Defensive resume. It would be a move up for him. Might provide some coaching stability.

he is not the father of Will Herring. His son Adam played at Auburn but had limitations. I can't remember if it was injuries or just not athletic enough. Seems like Will Herring's dad was a local chiropractor.

Ummm... I stand corrected. But still, Reggie Herring is a coach for a pretty stout Denver defense.

Hey Gus!

I know you are reading this thread and looking for ideas. Why not give Reggie a call and see what his level of interest is?

A&M's defense went from #102 in total defense to 42nd in one year under Chavis. To think he'd be wanting to bail right now is ludicrous.

Chavis isn't going anywhere. And from what I remember about the guy, he hates to move.

I think Allen would be a good get. That said, I haven't heard anything the last few days. A lot of people seemed to have gone under ground and that is worrisome to me

Weekend, bowl practices, .....lots of stuff going on behind the scenes I bet.

Be patient folks...it' will happen when it happens.

Worrying is not going to speed up the process....

I have wondered why teams haven't thrown some cash at Jim Leavitt. The scandal is behind him, he worked on one of the best defenses in the NFL over the past few years, he did a wonderful job at Colorado this year, he knows X & O's, he can recruit south Florida, and he would not leave for a HC job anytime soon.

I am a little concerned because I thought I read that Gus said he would visit some of our big Def. recruits this weekend with the new DC but we obviously don't have one.

I am a little concerned because I thought I read that Gus said he would visit some of our big Def. recruits this weekend with the new DC but we obviously don't have one.

Obviously things change, I would hope recruits and their families would be understanding of the situation.

I think when he told one of our defensive recruits last week week that he'd have the DC in place, he believed that to be the case. I think he thought either Pruitt or Kelly would be in place by then. It didn't happen, timeline is changed.

Logic like this will not be tolerated. It must end now!

Not sure if you have to have a Rivals subscription to read The Main Board, but the Ole Miss guys there have nothing but good things to say about Tom Allen:

http://forums.rivals.com/threads/ole-miss-guys-tom-allen.349826/

I can confirm. Even though I thought he was still there. Ole Miss loves that guy.

Did I read somewhere in here that Allen runs a 4-2-5?

Dear God no more 4-2-5. We still need some more LB's. :beer2:/>

Remember guys, there are several good defenses in a 4-2-5 scheme. Ole miss being 1 that Tom Allen helped with for 3 years and what he brought to USF and moved their defense up 60+ spots from '14-'15. EJ just left a bad impression on us with his version.

I think when he told one of our defensive recruits last week week that he'd have the DC in place, he believed that to be the case. I think he thought either Pruitt or Kelly would be in place by then. It didn't happen, timeline is changed.

I trust someone is staying in touch with all our recruits.

Archived