Staff Changes

fredst

I do not understand your logic with these coaches not wanting to come, or not being able to coach in the SEC. If we offered either of these coaches a $1,000,000.00 guaranteed 3 year contract, they would be whistling Dixie all the way to Auburn. Either of these coaches would be a super get for Auburn. Money often makes a tough situation into one that has a world of potential and excitement. Jacobs needs to tell Gus to not worry about their salary in that he would approve pretty much whatever it takes to get one of these coaches to Auburn.

Uhhh, recruiting landscape? The South is like Mars compared to the Atlantic Northeast. How about staff chemistry? Notice how most coaches end up hiring guys whom they have experience with or otherwise guys running around similar "circles"? Culture shock? Football in the SEC is completely a completely different animal.

Don Brown has been coaching since 1982 and his line of work in that time-frame basically spans one region: the one's still currently sitting in. This guy isn't randomly taking an SEC job in the state of Alabama now that he's 60 years old, nor is any SEC coach gunning to hire him. There is a lot more to a coaching search than loading up the national rankings and finding whatever guy is sitting near the top. It has nothing to do with money.

You remind me of the people who kept bringing up Chris Petersen as an SEC coaching candidate back when he was at Boise State. Petersen was a West Coast guy who was never going to wind up in the South. Sure enough when he finally left Boise, where did he go? Washington. This isn't a video game; you can't just transpose a coach across the country. There are way too many other factors.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm warming on Tom Allen. The lack of a pass rush was the root of most of our defensive woes the past couple years, not the 4-2-5. If done right, I see no reason it can't work as well as any other scheme, perhaps better.

I'd be ok with Shannon or Curtis also.

Yes every 30 pages or so someone mentions Chizik.

30? More like five.

I hate the offseason more each year.

Speaking of CGC, El Toro Freeman had posted up on facebook how Auburn should bring back Chizik to coach defense...

I tell ya, he's a good guy and all but about as bright as a sack of potatoes...

what about wayne hall? he is old school and mean when required. i went to one of the open practices in bowdens first year at auburn. he was on some kid bad saying he believed the kid was trying to have sex instead of tackling.lol true story and super cleaned up for the record. i was shocked at hall and his potty mouth. and all the folks watching would just snicker. oh and for the record coach hall is the most bow legged fellow i have ever seen.

This is a long thread. Maybe someone has already mentioned this.

But how about Reggie Herring.

Father of Will Herring and LB coach for Denver. He's got Auburn connections, Strong Defensive resume. It would be a move up for him. Might provide some coaching stability.

what about wayne hall? he is old school and mean when required. i went to one of the open practices in bowdens first year at auburn. he was on some kid bad saying he believed the kid was trying to have sex instead of tackling.lol true story and super cleaned up for the record. i was shocked at hall and his potty mouth. and all the folks watching would just snicker. oh and for the record coach hall is the most bow legged fellow i have ever seen.

No. He's been out of the game too long. We need somebody much younger than 65.

PM just tweeted something about a new candidate emerging but it's premium content so I didn't get to read it.

I'd bet it's one of the guys TT linked...PM is all over it :lmao:/>

South Florida DC

Please no....

Spent 3 years at Ole Miss. USF had the #37 total D this year. He runs a 4-2-5 at USF though.

Ole Miss fans told me they wished he was still there.

I don't doubt it. From his bio, he played a huge role in turning the D around in 2012 when Freeze got there.

So, why did he leave Ole Miss for South Florida? Without knowing anything else, that seems like a severe step down for a guy that "turned their D around".

PM just tweeted something about a new candidate emerging but it's premium content so I didn't get to read it.

I'd bet it's one of the guys TT linked...PM is all over it :lmao:/>

South Florida DC

Please no....

Spent 3 years at Ole Miss. USF had the #37 total D this year. He runs a 4-2-5 at USF though.

Ole Miss fans told me they wished he was still there.

I don't doubt it. From his bio, he played a huge role in turning the D around in 2012 when Freeze got there.

So, why did he leave Ole Miss for South Florida? Without knowing anything else, that seems like a severe step down for a guy that "turned their D around".

He was the LB coach at Ole Miss. He left to be a defensive coordinator at S. Fla.

Mel Tucker got some consideration for the uat job. I wonder what he would say if we offered to double his $500K salary.

WDE!

I wouldn't be opposed to that. I know he's highly regarded.

Anyone interested in Coach Allen should watch this video.

Wow....after watching that I was ready to put on some pads and go out and hit someone......

Still think we need to look at Jack Curtis, the DC at Georgia Southern

http://www.gseagles....hes.aspx?rc=240

Staff is in some flux

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2015-12-12/dell-mcgee-serve-georgia-southern-interim-coach

T'is the season for dominoes

Who's the DC at Memphis?

Galen Scott (recently promoted from LBs I believe).

Probably impolite to offer before New Years

I think Allen would be a good get. That said, I haven't heard anything the last few days. A lot of people seemed to have gone under ground and that is worrisome to me

This guy was on Alabama's staff a few years ago as linebacker coach. Sal Sunseri. Maybe Gus should talk him about becoming Auburn's DC/LB coach.

A4E, I am seriously wondering, are you just grasping names that you've heard before and throwing them out there or are you seriously interested in them being our DC? It seems like the perceived desperation for a DC has really affected you.

Archived