Staff Changes

fredst

Calvin Klein

Now that man can coach.............

I was hoping that it was Clark Kent...

Wade Christopher's alter ego...would be a hell of a get. We'd win every game and be given credit for a few of Bama's just for the hell of it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CK. Likely Thursday.

I have heard similar, FWIW.

Soo...that guy's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommates email info could be wrong?

CK. Likely Thursday.

I have heard similar, FWIW.

Soo...that guy's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommates email info could be wrong?

Good enough for me!

I have seen nothing saying it is not happening, but I can tell you that overnight the guy I have been getting the CK info from is at least acknowledging that it may not happen.

My thought is if FSU countered and took money off the table, he is in a decent position without moving, his family probably leans toward staying, he is loyal to Jimbo for giving him the opportunity, there is not a whole lot I see that would pull him our way besides the fact that he would be coming back to the place where he played.

What about Jack Curtis from Georgia Southern? Looks like a solid coach who has put kids in the NFL.

He would be worth having a conversation with. Not a bad choice, IMO.

That sounds just like what JGT is saying :-\/>

I saw where somebody said JGT said it is not happening. If you got that from my post I did not communicate my understanding very well. That is not my understanding, at least as of late last night. It is just that what seemed almost certain to happen yesterday is now in question.

Why have we never gone after Joe Whitt, Jr? I think now would be a great time to pull a move like that. I'm just afraid that Lance Thompson is going to be named this afternoon with Phillip Lolley & Willie Martinez as the new position coaches.

I just don't think a guy from Jacksonville State or any lower level program is going to get the "splash" we need right now

I just don't think a guy from Jacksonville State or any lower level program is going to get the "splash" we need right now

Why do we need splash? What we need is sound fundamentals coaching on the D side of the ball. If what you're saying is in relation to recruiting, well, we may miss on a few if name recognition is what recruits are going after. We need stability in a bad way in coaching. We also need to stick with a D philosophy and maximize the talent we bring in. I might also add, we, as fans need to stop jumping at every chance to dog out our coaches we do have and let them do work. Everything isn't always instant and sometimes conditions and situations are fluid and "crap" happens.

Why do we need splash? What we need is sound fundamentals coaching on the D side of the ball. If what you're saying is in relation to recruiting, well, we may miss on a few if name recognition is what recruits are going after. We need stability in a bad way in coaching. We also need to stick with a D philosophy and maximize the talent we bring in. I might also add, we, as fans need to stop jumping at every chance to dog out our coaches we do have and let them do work. Everything isn't always instant and sometimes conditions and situations are fluid and "crap" happens.

I was talking about recruiting mainly.

And JGarrett7, with the unstable state of the program right now we most certainly need a splash to announce to the college football world and recruits that we aren't going anywhere. If we get the equivalent of a Mike Pelton-type hire because of the chances that he'll stay a while we are going to be in trouble IMO.

I say, promote Lance... players, and recruits love him!

He's been around long enough... He'll be able to put together a good staff, and do a good job.

If he's the guy, he deserves everyone's support.

Why have we never gone after Joe Whitt, Jr? I think now would be a great time to pull a move like that.

We have. He has had no interest in coming back to CFB as a DC at this time. He's on track to land a DC job in the NFL.

We don't need splash. We need stability and continuity.

I agree we don't need splash....if they have a big name, great...but have your read Kirby Smart's resume?

Smart began his coaching career with the University of Georgia in 1999, serving as an administrative assistant. He then moved to Valdosta State where he spent one season as defensive backs coach before being promoted to defensive coordinator for the 2001 season. From 2002–2003 , Smart worked as a graduate assistant under Bobby Bowden at Florida State while pursuing a master's degree. He received his master's degree from FSU in 2003. Smart then spent one season as defensive backs coach at LSU under head coach Nick Saban in 2004. Smart rejoined the Georgia Bulldogs football program to serve as running backs coach for the 2005 season. His only season in the NFL came in 2006, during which time he coached under Nick Saban again, this time as the Miami Dolphins safeties coach.

That definitely ain't splash....we need competence and someone that can recruit 1:1 with these kids...I would prefer HUNGRY...

I haven't been following this thread, but has anyone mentioned Phil Snow? Geographically he may not fit but if you can produce a top defense at Temple I would readily welcome him to Auburn. He should bring a wealth of experience based on his resume.

Archived