Staff Changes

fredst

Yeah....but we are, and it is what it is. Gotta get out of this funk....

635679105394082746849277809_NewAthleticGreatargus.gif

I wish this site had a dislike button for using that song as an example of funk.

Yeah, like it's not even in the name of the song.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez.... I wish people would let up. :)

Besides...It's in the song.

Yeah....but we are, and it is what it is. Gotta get out of this funk....

635679105394082746849277809_NewAthleticGreatargus.gif

I wish this site had a dislike button for using that song as an example of funk.

Yeah, like it's not even in the name of the song.

No! THIS is funk...

terry-funk1.jpg

Geez.... I wish people would let up. :)/>

Just make fun of him for being a Phish fan, makes for an easy target. ;)/>

Now if it was a good, funky Wolfman's Brother or Boogie On Reggae Woman, then we'd be getting somewhere. I'm sure McLoofus agrees with me.

Whoah ohhhhh...

Now if it was a good, funky Wolfman's Brother or Boogie On Reggae Woman, then we'd be getting somewhere. I'm sure McLoofus agrees with me.

7-15-98 Wolfman's Brother stays in constant rotation in my car!

Whoah ohhhhh...

7-15-98 Wolfman's Brother stays in constant rotation in my car!

DILLON_predator.gif

Also speaking of funk, I saw Phish play with George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic 12/30/03 in Miami. It was a mess listening to it now, but a whole bunch of fun that night.

LOL. Very familiar with that phenomenon.

Bought a Stevie Wonder CD ages ago just because it had a song named "Boogie On Reggae Woman" on it. I was not disappointed. And I was elated when Phish played it in Columbus, OH... um... I dunno. One year.

As far as funk goes, a Meters show at the House of Blues kinda got things started for me. Haven't really experienced anything quite like it since.

Also speaking of funk, I saw Phish play with George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic 12/30/03 in Miami. It was a mess listening to it now, but a whole bunch of fun that night.

Bought a Stevie Wonder CD ages ago just because it had a song named "Boogie On Reggae Woman" on it. I was not disappointed. And I was elated when Phish played it in Columbus, OH... um... I dunno. One year.

As far as funk goes, a Meters show at the House of Blues kinda got things started for me. Haven't really experienced anything quite like it since.

I actually almost bought that vinyl a couple days ago. I'm not well versed in Stevie Wonder and he has a million albums, that was the only song I recognized on it.

Coach Craig as new QB coach, who better. Make him OC so no other school scoops him up. And as for Gus's protégée, well it's time to leave the nest and learn to fly.

Why Craig as QB coach?

Because he's an accomplished QB coach (see his 3 1st rounders at FSU). Also, he's a former NFL quarterback. He's worked and learned under some of the best coaching out there.

How would Thompson do as the DC? What is the general consensus?

He would recruit well. He's charismatic and kids like him- recruits and current players. He would possibly be able to assemble a good staff. He's been around the area forever and has relationships and ties all over the Southeast. He's spent a lot of time working for some of the best defensive minds in the business. There's a good chance he would stick around awhile- word is he really wants to remain at Auburn- provided he's a capable coordinator. That last part is the big question mark.

I honestly have no idea how much game day acumen is actually required for a DC. Maybe the other qualities are enough.

Thompson spent three seasons as DC at UCF (2004-2006).

how did he do as the DC those three years?

I believe it was 1st set 1st night in 2000, middle of July

Good to know "phan" means what I thought it did. Hard to know when you start crossing interests.

Good to know "phan" means what I thought it did. Hard to know when you start crossing interests.

indeed, went to the last 6 shows of that summer tour

Uhhhhh-ummmm. Staff Changes and DC Candidates??? :dunno:/>

Know of any? We've pretty much mentioned every DC in the country at this point.

Just saw on 247 that we have a new DC, done deal!

I dunno. Think he'll be a good fit? He's a known hot head, more than Muschamp.

I dunno. Think he'll be a good fit? He's a known hot head, more than Muschamp.

Darth-Vader-I-FIND-YOUR-LACK-OF-FAITH-DISTURBING.jpg

If Thompson is not made the DC, is he expected to stay out leave?

I can't see why he would leave unless it was a job offer elsewhere or the new DC would bring in one of his own. I don't think his job is in jeopardy as it stands right now.

Archived