Staff Changes

fredst

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2012/12/14/3767726/qb-coach-dameyune-craig-to-stay-at-florida-state-auburn

Don't believe everything you read. I have no idea if we will get him, but that doesn't mean we won't.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would Thompson do as the DC? What is the general consensus?

He would recruit well. He's charismatic and kids like him- recruits and current players. He would possibly be able to assemble a good staff. He's been around the area forever and has relationships and ties all over the Southeast. He's spent a lot of time working for some of the best defensive minds in the business. There's a good chance he would stick around awhile- word is he really wants to remain at Auburn- provided he's a capable coordinator. That last part is the big question mark.

I honestly have no idea how much game day acumen is actually required for a DC. Maybe the other qualities are enough.

Thompson spent three seasons as DC at UCF (2004-2006).

Had no idea! Thanks much. I'll have to research that, but any insight into whether or not he was any good at it is appreciated.

AAS has learned that Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee will be meeting with Texas Head Football Charlie Strong this afternoon. Stay tuned for more.

Got this off Twitter.. Tried to copy the link but I guess it didn't work.

This is false.

AAS has learned that Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee will be meeting with Texas Head Football Charlie Strong this afternoon. Stay tuned for more.

Got this off Twitter.. Tried to copy the link but I guess it didn't work.

This is false.

thanks for clearing it up for me :)

Grimes looking to take a break due to cancer.

Damn. Love that guy. Hate that his health is preventing him from doing something that he clearly loves. And, yeah, that's thinly veiled selfishness.

Get well soon, Coach. We're pulling for you.

Damn. Love that guy. Hate that his health is preventing him from doing something that he clearly loves. And, yeah, that's thinly veiled selfishness.

he should take a break. We will find a spot for him when he's ready i would imagine. Meanwhile get herb hand.

he should take a break. We will find a spot for him when he's ready i would imagine.

It would be nice if we could give him a cushy off-the-field position until he decides whether he wants to come back or retire.

Well Gus has his hands full right now. He's got to find a new DC & staff and now Grimes leaving.........And something has to be done about that OC position.

Yikes. So we need a heavy hitting recruiter who is also a top caliber OL coach in addition to a secondary coach and defensive coordinator. Ugh

Well Gus has his hands full right now. He's got to find a new DC & staff and now Grimes leaving.........And something has to be done about that OC position.

It's all part of being a head coach. That's why he gets paid the big bucks.

Man hate to lose Grimes,but if he needs the break for his health I understand.Would much rather be losing RL ,then next year we would know if he was the problem with the O.Get well soon coach Grimes.

I believe Stacy Searels would be a good replacement. He is at VA.Tech right now and he has the experience also being at LSU, UGa, and Texas. Maybe it's time for him to return to the Plains. As a replacement for Grimes.

Had no idea! Thanks much. I'll have to research that, but any insight into whether or not he was any good at it is appreciated.

UCF was quite crappy those years: 2004=0-11; 2005=8-5; 2006=4-8.

If Thompson doesn't become DC will he pack up and leave as well?

I think if you're anyone on defense not named Rodney Garner, you stand a good of looking for work if things go sour by this time next year.

Is Herb Hand a good recruiter?

As in the guy who coaches OL at Penn State? No idea about recruiting, but PSU's OL was absolutely abysmal this past season.

Archived