Staff Changes

fredst

I think Pruitt would be an excellent choice. I can see why he had problems at UGA working under Richt. I am not saying that Richt was a bad coach whatsoever. In all likelihood, Pruitt did not like to be micromanaged to the degree that Richt did.

I know that Gus would give him the freedom to do the job the right, but will be more involved than with XCWM, but far less than Richt. This just a theory and nothing more.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the talk about who our next DC should be, who are the top targets of uat and uga. Both big name schools, both need DC's, and both are right in our own backyard. Any chance that any of the candidates we are discussing are just sitting back to see who offers who, and who has the pick of several jobs? I realize that it may be hard for a DC to work under ns but the name looks good on a resume. Would not put it past the midget to try to steal our target at the 12th hour just like in recruiting. Not a black helicopter guy but cns has a history of this. This is why CGM is/should play this very secretively.

So CDC just tweeted "War Eagle!!!!! Enough said." Read anything in to this on the coaching front???

He's talking about Shon and Daniel getting All SEC I believe.

So CDC just tweeted "War Eagle!!!!! Enough said." Read anything in to this on the coaching front???

CDC is the new DC!

Why not? Lol, may as well start teaching corner backs since none of his receivers want to catch a dadgum ball!

He's talking about Shon and Daniel getting All SEC I believe.

That is a big WDE!

Has anyone seen TTU play defense, MGA!, surely there is a NFL assistant who has a pedigree to great NFL coaches who would jump at the chance to make 1.5 mil and get free golf lessons from Jason Dufner.

Little doc

Guess all you young sprouts don't remember David Gibbs's first rour of duty at AU. ....it was not that pretty....especially the departure. And I watched a few TTU games.....gotta be someone with a better lookking D out there.

I didn't realize TTU played defense. :dunno:

Sorry if already covered but I'm not searching 48 pages...has anyone heard of a time frame for a hire from the administration. Before bowl game? Before bowl game practices? Before fall camp? I saw earlier that a recruit mentioned Sunday, any credence to that?

Dadgum?

CDC is the new DC!

Why not? Lol, may as well start teaching corner backs since none of his receivers want to catch a dadgum ball!

Sorry if already covered but I'm not searching 48 pages...has anyone heard of a time frame for a hire from the administration. Before bowl game? Before bowl game practices? Before fall camp? I saw earlier that a recruit mentioned Sunday, any credence to that?

The only clue anyone has is a recruit who said Gus told him he's bringing the new DC to meet him this weekend.

Anybody listen to Rob Pate and Jack Crowe today? Coach Oliver was on.

I'm surprised his name has not been thrown into the speculation ring.

I'm sure there are certain members of the big $ boosters who would love to have him in there... just like they'd love to have Dye as head coach again.

Personally, I would like to see a D coordinator who has close ties to Auburn to provide stability.

Of course, it did not work with TRob, so not a guarantee, but I would like to see someone with the loyalty to the team and the school, AKA a Cam Newton or a Bo Jackson.

My understanding is that TRob wasn't given the opportunity. I have a feeling that Gus wants a current DC, since he is not in a position to mentor an up-and-comer on that side of the ball.

TRob was offered money but not title, from what I've heard.

Yup... Not a hard decision to stay a position coach or move to DC.

On a side note, I'm waiting for our new DC to be hired and for people to begin clamoring to let him bring in the staff he wants, after they have been desperate to retain the current staff.

He's going to have 3 or 4 years at Carolina Afterwards he'll either move to a coordinator job somewhere else or back to position coach. He could not count on more than one year at Auburn. Gus needs someone who has already been a coordinator and proved themselves capable.

The only clue anyone has is a recruit who said Gus told him he's bringing the new DC to meet him this weekend.

Very interesting.

I'm sure there are certain members of the big $ boosters who would love to have him in there... just like they'd love to have Dye as head coach again.

Bill Oliver? Good Lord, he's older than dirt.

We don't need any old coot having to grab a nap on the office sofa every afternoon.

We don't need any old coot having to grab a nap on the office sofa every afternoon.

True...surprised he is still around and lucid...he's was a coach at AU when I was in grad school.....and I'm older than dirt too.

True...surprised he is still around and lucid...he's was a coach at AU when I was in grad school.....and I'm older than dirt too.

Topsoil my good man. Topsoil.

I don't want Pruitt. He has one and done written all over him. We desperately need some long term continuity.

LOL. He's not a candidate so don't worry about it. The radio people probably wanted to get his take on being the DC at Auburn.

Topsoil my good man. Topsoil.

EMT, I've really been enjoying your content this week.

Archived