Staff Changes

fredst

We are just a bunch of rotten cheaters I guess? GTFO

Lol ok. Your head is in the sand if you don't think AU under Gus hasn't actively tried to steal signals. And we aren't the only program that does this. But I'm not holding against an opposing coach for feeling pissed about it.

If you aren't clever enough to disguise your signals well enough then expect the other team to try to steal them and exploit the advantage.

I'm a believer in this also.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of shocked that LT hasn't received more consideration so far. He knows the current players and schemes, is a solid recruiter and has prior DC experience. If stability is a serious priority, I would think he's squarely in the discussion.

He may have... presently any "movement" in the DC hiring process is all speculation.

Lol ok. Your head is in the sand if you don't think AU under Gus hasn't actively tried to steal signals. And we aren't the only program that does this. But I'm not holding against an opposing coach for feeling pissed about it.

If you aren't clever enough to disguise your signals well enough then expect the other team to try to steal them and exploit the advantage.

It's common sense. Whenever we were able to decipher the signals in baseball from their 3rd base coach, you can guarantee we would use it to our advantage. Football should be no exception.

PM seems to think it's between Kelly and Pruitt with Thompson on the outside looking in. His "gut" feeling.

PM seems to think it's between Kelly and Pruitt with Thompson on the outside looking in. His "gut" feeling.

Saw that too. Probably means none of those will be hired.

:big:

Why do teams even use signals? Can't we just hold up a big sign with our next play on it and trust our opponent to not look? I swear, there is no honor code in football anymore.

Why do teams even use signals? Can't we just hold up a big sign with our next play on it and trust our opponent to not look? I swear, there is no honor code in football anymore.

I like it... then the game becomes "do you trust the signal?"

I miss the days when guys like Spurrior coached his QBs up so well that they could generally call their own plays.

If kelly is out i make a quick run at Paul Rhoads then announce lance Thompson. Done by Friday.

In Gus's so called "hot seat year" there might not be a lot of other options and who knows, Lance Thompson might just do a decent job. So yeah, if Gus strikes out with Kelly, Pruitt, or his #3, let Lance run the show. It is also an advantage for the players not to have to learn another new system. Maybe Gus gets the offense fixed, Lance does a good job and we are off to the races.

^^^^ This

I'm kind of shocked that LT hasn't received more consideration so far. He knows the current players and schemes, is a solid recruiter and has prior DC experience. If stability is a serious priority, I would think he's squarely in the discussion.

Don't want Pruitt. The last thing we need is more negative publicity.

I am definitely warmed to CLT as DC. I think it would be easier to find young up and coming LB and DB coaches who are looking for their next step, than an DC. The continuity is there. While we lost to great recruiters in CWM and CTR, CLT and CRG are solid recruiters. We need stability on defense more than anything else right now.

As for Pruitt, I am beginning to think he is poison. Why did he leave FSU after only one year? What about the stories this year from UGA, where apparently Richt was asked to fire Pruitt mid-year?

We don't need that drama.

It's common sense. Whenever we were able to decipher the signals in baseball from their 3rd base coach, you can guarantee we would use it to our advantage. Football should be no exception.

Amen. If you can steal signals without having to use illegal technology and the like, then you'd damn well better be doing it.

Saw that too. Probably means none of those will be hired.

:big:/>

He had taco bell for lunch.

PM's gut feelings are usually indigestion :Sing:/> :Sing:/> :Sing:/>

And probably makes the same face as when he did in the BVG interview....lol.

He may have... presently any "movement" in the DC hiring process is all speculation.

One thing that is consistent with CGM..you will not hear anything from him about specific coaches until he has it (him) nailed down. I give him that for sure.

I'm "speculating" that getting Pruitt might open some doors to other recruits that haven't put us higher on their list? To me LT is the obvious option but hey....I'm just blabbering. lol :)

I would like for it to be CLT and maybe that is already in the works. It would accomplish a lot of things. It would allow him to continue with our current system for now and let us hire a few "new" assistants that may be future bright spots. However, I do hope that something is completed by Friday for all our sakes. Then we can start worrying about something else.

I'm "speculating" that getting Pruitt might open some doors to other recruits that haven't put us higher on their list? To me LT is the obvious option but hey....I'm just blabbering. lol :)/>

Read as: UGA recruits.

I'm "speculating" that getting Pruitt might open some doors to other recruits that haven't put us higher on their list? To me LT is the obvious option but hey....I'm just blabbering. lol :)/>

It would be a splash hire.

It would be a splash hire.

Not all splashes are created equal...

So CDC just tweeted "War Eagle!!!!! Enough said." Read anything in to this on the coaching front???

Saw the same thing. But ESPN has some thing on twitter asking fans whose teams are in the playoffs to #(insert catchphrase). I think Craig might have been playing that game... But who knows.

Archived