Staff Changes

fredst

Sometimes you just need a different perspective. Especially since the game changes from year to year

I'd say it's supremely important in any organization to continually bring in outside perspectives. It's the only way to rapidly make new connections that support growth. It's the lifeblood of creativity.

Good post.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Pruitt be a quick fix that would bolt at the 1st opportunity?

Probably, that's why I am not a fan of the Pruitt hire. We will find ourselves back in the same situation again some time in the next couple of years if we hire him.

I'll say this: UGA fans are pretty pissed to be losing him.

Would Pruitt be a quick fix that would bolt at the 1st opportunity?

One would assume, but really, wouldn't any coordinator worth a flip jump at a chance to HC? We have 2 choices. Get a big name DC and take our chances or hire an up and comer in hopes he has the right stuff. It's a craps shoot either way.

I agree. There's nothing wrong with seeing the DC position at Auburn as being a solid path to a HC job.

After endless speculation, Travaris Robinson has officially been named South Carolina’s defensive coordinator.

The hire was made abundantly clear when Robinson tweeted out he’s “excited to be a Gamecock” this morning and changed his Twitter bio to read “defensive coordinator at The University of South Carolina.”

Bobby Bentley was also named South Carolina’s running back coach.

Bentley was an offensive analyst at Auburn the past two seasons. He is also the father of Jake Bentley, the No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the Class of 2017.

Maybe if we're lucky (lol) we'll find that Pruitt was only a cancer because of Georgia and will fit in at Auburn...

But my gut says he reeks of Bammer and "process"

Maybe if we're lucky (lol) we'll find that Pruitt was only a cancer because of Georgia and will fit in at Auburn...

But my gut says he reeks of Bammer and "process"

Technically , the process, might not be a bad thing. These kids need to fight to earn their way. It creates a good work ethic. I don't like saban, but he has a good plan to get his guys to play "assignment" football.

Some of Pruitt's shine faded this year for me when everybody made Gus look bad and it wasn't just Pruitt's defenses doing it. But according to some on here Pruitt has been cleaning our clock in recruiting so I'd take him at AU

Most UGA fans feel Pruitt was a cancer of that staff, don't know why and don 't care. But something happened after he got there and from his words he seems to fit the bill. Just think we could go in a different direction.

After endless speculation, Travaris Robinson has officially been named South Carolina’s defensive coordinator.

The hire was made abundantly clear when Robinson tweeted out he’s “excited to be a Gamecock” this morning and changed his Twitter bio to read “defensive coordinator at The University of South Carolina.”

Bentley was an offensive analyst at Auburn the past two seasons. He is also the father of Jake Bentley, the No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the Class of 2017.

Has there been any official word one way or another on Thompson?

Has there been any official word one way or another on Thompson?

The only thing I have read is that Thompson was interested in the DC opening and that Kirby smart and Mushamp was interested in bringing Thompson on their staffs. But as far as him making a decision on whether he leaves AU or not no. I think officially whether he leaves or goes would eventually come down to whoever Gus chooses to be DC.

We lost Bentley too? Probably better for him and his son anyhow. I imagine Jake would fit whatever scheme WMC is going to.

We lost Bentley too? Probably better for him and his son anyhow. I imagine Jake would fit whatever scheme WMC is going to.

Yeah I think that was more of a Huge pick up for Mushamp whether than a loss for Auburn because Bentley is a Legend in South Carolina and Mushamp wants to keep as many in state recruits as he can and that now gives South Carolina a bigger chance in getting Bentley's son.

IMO - If Jake Bentley has a committable offer from Stanford and doesn't take it, he's crazy. I would still feel this way even if his Dad was still on the Auburn staff.

How about Mike Nolan as the new DC?

Currently serving as the LB coach for the SD Chargers

What were his comments? Regarding stealing signals?

yes

Eh he had a right to be pissed about it. Anybody would. And he countered that by having his defenses dominate AU afterwards so that must have fired him up and understandably so. Also Bill Snyder said AU was stealing signals so Pruitt wasn't the only one. I also remember Dameyune Craig making fun of Trooper Taylor after he bested him for a recruit on signing day. People were pissed about that at the time, saying he's not an "Auburn Man" etc but that seemed to have been forgotten when he accepted his current job at AU.

yes

Eh he had a right to be pissed about it. Anybody would. And he countered that by having his defenses dominate AU afterwards so that must have fired him up and understandably so. Also Bill Snyder said AU was stealing signals so Pruitt wasn't the only one. I also remember Dameyune Craig making fun of Trooper Taylor after he bested him for a recruit on signing day. People were pissed about that at the time, saying he's not an "Auburn Man" etc but that seemed to have been forgotten when he accepted his current job at AU.

jimbo didn't act like that. He handed it with class. Malzahn/chizik did the same after 2010 iron bowl.

yes

jimbo didn't act like that. He handed it with class. Malzahn/chizik did the same after 2010 iron bowl.

Ah good points.

We are just a bunch of rotten cheaters I guess? GTFO

Lol ok. Your head is in the sand if you don't think AU under Gus hasn't actively tried to steal signals. And we aren't the only program that does this. But I'm not holding against an opposing coach for feeling pissed about it.

If kelly is out i make a quick run at Paul Rhoads then announce lance Thompson. Done by Friday.

In Gus's so called "hot seat year" there might not be a lot of other options and who knows, Lance Thompson might just do a decent job. So yeah, if Gus strikes out with Kelly, Pruitt, or his #3, let Lance run the show. It is also an advantage for the players not to have to learn another new system. Maybe Gus gets the offense fixed, Lance does a good job and we are off to the races.

If kelly is out i make a quick run at Paul Rhoads then announce lance Thompson. Done by Friday.

In Gus's so called "hot seat year" there might not be a lot of other options and who knows, Lance Thompson might just do a decent job. So yeah, if Gus strikes out with Kelly, Pruitt, or his #3, let Lance run the show. It is also an advantage for the players not to have to learn another new system. Maybe Gus gets the offense fixed, Lance does a good job and we are off to the races.

^^^^ This

I'm kind of shocked that LT hasn't received more consideration so far. He knows the current players and schemes, is a solid recruiter and has prior DC experience. If stability is a serious priority, I would think he's squarely in the discussion.

Don't want Pruitt. The last thing we need is more negative publicity.

We are just a bunch of rotten cheaters I guess? GTFO

Lol ok. Your head is in the sand if you don't think AU under Gus hasn't actively tried to steal signals. And we aren't the only program that does this. But I'm not holding against an opposing coach for feeling pissed about it.

If you aren't clever enough to disguise your signals well enough then expect the other team to try to steal them and exploit the advantage.

Archived