Staff Changes

fredst

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost want somebody without previous ties to Auburn just because so many act as if that's a requirement

:lol: same here, not that it would ever happen, but I'd be sad if I wanted a job at Auburn and was constantly told to go back to UT. :(

I almost want somebody without previous ties to Auburn just because so many act as if that's a requirement

Indeed...and those are probably the same folks complaining about the good old boy network at AU

According to PM on AUC, Kelly and Pruitt are at the top of Malzahn's list. I mentioned Pruitt was the name to keep an eye on according to my friend. I think we'll see what Pruitt says first. If he turns us down, we go after Kelly. I'm fine with either one. I think Lance Thompson is our last resort.

AU looks for outside experiences with professors...why not coaches? Our best ones had no ties to AU (Dye, Tubberville, etc.)

AU looks for outside experiences with professors...why not coaches? Our best ones had no ties to AU (Dye, Tubberville, etc.)

it shouldn't disqualify them.

Sometimes you just need a different perspective. Especially since the game changes from year to year

I'd say it's supremely important in any organization to continually bring in outside perspectives. It's the only way to rapidly make new connections that support growth. It's the lifeblood of creativity.

Exactly. I don't care if the guy has ever been involved with Auburn or not. Just find the right man

You can't always get what you want,but if you try sometime you might find you get what you can.So sometimes you may can only get an Auburn man.

Personally, I would like to see a D coordinator who has close ties to Auburn to provide stability.

Of course, it did not work with TRob, so not a guarantee, but I would like to see someone with the loyalty to the team and the school, AKA a Cam Newton or a Bo Jackson.

Indeed...and those are probably the same folks complaining about the good old boy network at AU

While I get your point, there is a big difference between talented coaches with Auburn ties and the good ol' boy network. The first are people who know football and have the extra added benefit of a built in love for the school (so it becomes more than just a job). The second is a bunch of people with a bunch of money (more often than not, family money) and limited knowledge of football or running a program who think that their money gives them a right to say what happens in the program.

Personally, I would like to see a D coordinator who has close ties to Auburn to provide stability.

Of course, it did not work with TRob, so not a guarantee, but I would like to see someone with the loyalty to the team and the school, AKA a Cam Newton or a Bo Jackson.

My understanding is that TRob wasn't given the opportunity. I have a feeling that Gus wants a current DC, since he is not in a position to mentor an up-and-comer on that side of the ball.

My understanding is that TRob wasn't given the opportunity. I have a feeling that Gus wants a current DC, since he is not in a position to mentor an up-and-comer on that side of the ball.

TRob was offered money but not title, from what I've heard.

Yup... Not a hard decision to stay a position coach or move to DC.

On a side note, I'm waiting for our new DC to be hired and for people to begin clamoring to let him bring in the staff he wants, after they have been desperate to retain the current staff.

On a side note, I'm waiting for our new DC to be hired and for people to begin clamoring to let him bring in the staff he wants, after they have been desperate to retain the current staff.

I'll clamor for CLT to stay on in some capacity. Maybe even hand him the keys.

Not too invested beyond that.

i heard that too but i heard it here. No idea if it has any validity.

Cubelic also tweeted it without any qualifiers, fwiw. (I obviously share that with a qualifier.)

It came from one of the people who actually has connection to the program, so it gets above average consideration.

Auburn Newsletter

Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt could be leading candidate to be Auburn's next defensive coordinator.

Phillip Marshall posted this 8 hours ago on 247 sports. I am glad to see Gus going for some proven big names that philosophies are very similar to Muschamp's, in scheme and recruiting.

Auburn Newsletter

Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt could be leading candidate to be Auburn's next defensive coordinator.

Phillip Marshall posted this 8 hours ago on 247 sports. I am glad to see Gus going for some proven big names that philosophies are very similar to Muschamp's, in scheme and recruiting.

Well really PM, you don't say. Thanks for that inside scoop, never would have guessed!

Kidding, kidding

Would Pruitt be a quick fix that would bolt at the 1st opportunity?

Probably, that's why I am not a fan of the Pruitt hire. We will find ourselves back in the same situation again some time in the next couple of years if we hire him.

Would Pruitt be a quick fix that would bolt at the 1st opportunity?

One would assume, but really, wouldn't any coordinator worth a flip jump at a chance to HC? We have 2 choices. Get a big name DC and take our chances or hire an up and comer in hopes he has the right stuff. It's a craps shoot either way.

Archived