Staff Changes

fredst

T-Rob would've been my first choice but looks like he's headed with Boom. So i like: Charles Kelly, Lance Thompson, Paul Rhoads, or some no name DC or LB coach not in the Power 5 who wants a raise and promotion that would be willing to take a chance considering he may be one and done if we have a repeat from this season again.

I like these choices also with exception of Thompson. I think we need to keep him as LB coach and basically make sure he finds us some LB's because right now no matter who we hire LB is going to be a problem.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the surface, kelley looks good; however, could most of his success be due to the incredible talent FSU gets every year. They are deep on defense and very talented, so is it the man that makes the defense after 1 year or is it the consistent talent FSU gets to build depth. I agree the coach has a major part in how the defense plays, but gosh that talent would make most people look good.

I said this last season as well, but I would like to see Rhett leave and bring in a new OC with fresh ideas.. there are many young OC's out there running the same offense and putting up bigger numbers.

On the surface, kelley looks good; however, could most of his success be due to the incredible talent FSU gets every year.

Could the incredible talent FSU gets every year partially be because of him?

On the surface, kelley looks good; however, could most of his success be due to the incredible talent FSU gets every year.

Hell being able to identify the talent is a step in the right direction....

It could certainly be that way, but it is usually the HC who identifies the players he wants to go after and then the school program that sells them. The reputation of the coach and school gets the assistant in the door. Additionally, there are some kids from Florida that would go to FSU given the chance because they are FSU, So it is possible that the asst. coach gets the kid, but i would think (and maybe i am wrong) but it is usually the school/head coach that closes the deal.

Aranda at Wisconsin has been mentioned, but some blogger might have come up with that by googling "good college football defensive coordinators". Ditto for Womack at Ole Miss (but do keep your ear to the ground for pine box quotes).

No name in particular seems especially likely at this point.

This is very true!

This is very true!

:rollin:

Lashlee has had 3 years as Auburn's OC/QB coach. 2014 was bad, but 2015 got even worse. Why the heck would we still want to keep him on the staff?

Why do we always seem to want to fire someone at the first sign of trouble? I'm sorry, I just don't buy that he's terrible. I just don't. Last year the O put plenty of points on the board to win games. The defense didn't help last year at all. This year, there has been a myriad of things go wrong on the O side. The first and main issue was JJs total collapse. Then add Duke and his crap. JRs stuff early in the season. Rocs injury bug. Stone hand WRs. Injuries abound. I mean for petes sake. There have been some miscues and questionable play calling sure, but I'm thinking all that had more to do with the aforementioned issues throwing a monkey wrench in the staffs plans.

Who's job is it to make sure the QB doesn't have a mental breakdown after redshirting and being in the system 2 years and display any type of improvement? Who's job is it to call plays to get into the endzone instead of kicking fieldgoals? Who's job is it to keep us from droping from 30+ points a game to 20+? WR drop balls, people get injured, its what you do to keep things running and not completely fall on your butt when you're projected to get to the playoff and win the SEC. Lash is dead weight period. I'm not sold on D.C being a WR coach. and i really dont care what happens to Garner.

MY JOB

My job is not to run the train,

The whistle I cannot blow.

My job is not to say

How fast the railroad train can go.

My job is not to blow off steam,

Or even clang the bell.

But let the damn thing jump the track

And see who catches hell.

I'd take Ole Miss DC Dave Wommack! Ole Miss only paid him $560k and we can afford him $1 million per season.

Sure -- why should they escape the domino effect!

I'd take Ole Miss DC Dave Wommack! Ole Miss only paid him $560k and we can afford him $1 million per season.

I think Ole Miss would match any offer we made.

I think Ole Miss would match any offer we made.

Offer him the moon, then. We win either way.

Ole Miss fans, that I know, don't like their DC. Says he's too conservative with his playcalling. I hate to tell them but their recruiting on that side of the ball has been alot better since he's been there.

Ole Miss has more defensive talent than we do on first team anyway. That and the fact he most likely won't leave.

I've got a list of potential candidates that would helps us tremendously

1. Brent Venables Clemson DC 800k this year 875k next year Age 44

2. Chris Kiffin Ole Miss DL/RC (also Lane Kiffins Brother) this year 220k Age 34

3. Larry Johnson Ohio State DL/AHC this year 400k Age 62

4. Odell Haggins Florida State DL Age 48 this year 373k

5. David Gibbs Texas Tech DC (has AU ties) Age 47 this year 550k

6. Bob Shoop Penn State DC Age 49 this year 1M

7. Don Brown Boston College DC Age 60

i am sure it happens. but i cannot think of the last time a sec coach was canned and replaced by one of his coordinators.

Without thinking too hard....Johnny Majors/Phil Fulmer????

I've got a list of potential candidates that would helps us tremendously

1. Brent Venables Clemson DC 800k this year 875k next year Age 44

2. Chris Kiffin Ole Miss DL/RC (also Lane Kiffins Brother) this year 220k Age 34

3. Larry Johnson Ohio State DL/AHC this year 400k Age 62

4. Odell Haggins Florida State DL Age 48 this year 373k

5. David Gibbs Texas Tech DC (has AU ties) Age 47 this year 550k

6. Bob Shoop Penn State DC Age 49 this year 1M

7. Don Brown Boston College DC Age 60

1. Not gonna happen. No reason for him to leave Clemson for anything less than a HC job.

2. I'd rather have a proven DC or someone that is currently in the program

3. See #2

4. See #2

5. Possible

6. Possible

7. Possible

Has anyone seen TTU play defense, MGA!, surely there is a NFL assistant who has a pedigree to great NFL coaches who would jump at the chance to make 1.5 mil and get free golf lessons from Jason Dufner.

Little doc

Has anyone seen TTU play defense, MGA!, surely there is a NFL assistant who has a pedigree to great NFL coaches who would jump at the chance to make 1.5 mil and get free golf lessons from Jason Dufner.

Little doc

Guess all you young sprouts don't remember David Gibbs's first rour of duty at AU. ....it was not that pretty....especially the departure. And I watched a few TTU games.....gotta be someone with a better lookking D out there.

Archived