Staff Changes

fredst

No doubt that JJ made good hires; Chizik, Barbee, Gus, Pearl, Galloway and others all of these were people who had shown they could excel. The problem I have is his follow through, is he needs to get better at writing contracts. He needs to hold the coaches to higher standards. He needs not to continue to have extreme buyouts. What he needs to do is go out and find a person like Jimmy Sexton to work on AU's side when making contracts. JJ is a good guy with no doubt about where his heart lies, I think his problem is that he needs to be tougher. JMHO. WDE

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are writing Gus off way too soon. He has had ONE (1) subpar offensive season in his career. I saw some really positive things in the Iron Bowl, especially in relation to the offensive line. Gus has some things to solve, especially in relation to QB and play calling. Lashlee may have to go. Muschamp really screwed us over and this is going to be hard to recover from, but we will be do it.

It is more to being a head coach then fixing the offense. This is your team and every aspect falls under your control. It won't be any better if the offense kills it next year and we hire the wrong DC to stop anybody. We will see how it plays out.

Gus needs to run the O. We hired him as HC because of what he did as an OC. Lashlee is simply in the way and wasting time and money. Find a legit WR coach. D Craig should be the QB coach. Find a better than average DL coach. Lawing and (this is pipe dream) Orgeron should be thrown a lot of money. Rocker would also be a huge improvement over what we have although Rocker has coached with Gus and under the Jay Jacobs' administration so I doubt he comes back unless one or both are gone.

wde

Great points there!

NOT!!!!

So much for the "If BOOM goes to USC." Ed Orgeron is one of the best recruiters and defensive coaches around. If I remember correctly, didn't Orgeron come up for DC before we ended up hiring Muschamp? I'm thinking that's right.

So, we're only looking at current DCs? I think CGM thinks he can get a big name DC.

What about someone like Ed Orgeron? Nah. Not bad but 13 jobs in 30 years of coaching? I'll pass. We need stability.

What about Mizzou's former D-line coach? Probably be promoted to DC for Mizzou.

1) Chizik given new contract after 1 (championship admittedly)season when there is no sign he is a candidate for any possible job. Runs program in the ground with 3-9 season, off the field issues galore and finlly whole staff is fired with huge buyouts.

2) Malzahn is hired, has a great 1st season. Old contract torn up, given deal with large buyout when there is no sign he is a candidate for any possible job. Looks to be on the hot seat next season.

3) Galloway is hired amid numerous reports of being very difficult to work with. Rumors after 1 season he may be fired. Is finally fired after supposedly having AU employees spying on him to find reasons to fire him with cause, eliminating any buyout money. Not surprisingly he hires a lawyer who holds a bizarre press conference with Galloway to discuss how AU has done his client wrong. Looks to be headed to court unless AU decides to make bad press go away with settlement.

4) Matthew Davis, an athletics department employee is fired after reportedly informing AU officials of ticket discrepancies occuring in Tigers Unlimited. University claims he was involved in some sort of athlete injury information leading to his dismissal. Lawyer goes to the press. Looks headed to court barring a settlement.

Tuberville and Muschamp left Auburn by most accounts being unhappy with the way administration handled aspects of the program. Bruce was a home-run hire without a doubt. I would only ask Dr Gouge and BOT members if they really think this is the best person to keep leading a multi-million dollar business in the future.

So, we're only looking at current DCs? I think CGM thinks he can get a big name DC.

What about someone like Ed Orgeron? Nah. Not bad but 13 jobs in 30 years of coaching? I'll pass. We need stability.

I think Missouri fired their d line coach. At least I thought someone said he did. Google not giving me much.

I think Missouri fired their d line coach. At least I thought someone said he did. Google not giving me much.

I don't think so. He is considered one of the top D Line coaches in the nation. He would not be a splash hire but would be a good hire.

I don't think so. He is considered one of the top D Line coaches in the nation. He would not be a splash hire but would be a good hire.

Last I heard, he was let go. Will try to find a link.

Maybe so but as of a month ago they were promoting him for The Broyles Award.

http://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-football-2015/2015/11/4/9668306/craig-kuligowski-2015-frank-broyles-award-nominee

Just for the sake of discussion, what about Paul Rhodes?

he looked good early but kind of fell off @ the end when he was here, but def has that fire you want as a dc

Orgeron ok with me. recruiting would be great. don't know if he can handle the back 7

Maybe so but as of a month ago they were promoting him for The Broyles Award.

http://www.rockmnati...s-award-nominee

Yeah, people were ticked that he wasn't being retained. Here's another link.

LINK

Will try to find a better one. Kuligowsky is his name.

Wow, I can't believe the new HC, who was the DC would not want to keep this guy. Gus, are you paying attention?

Hope AU can make the right decison. I'm curious to see who is on Gus Malzahns short list. I'm so impatient when it comes to this

If on twitter, see if this link works for you.

If the link doesn't work, just search Kulikowski (I misspelled it earlier).

Crap -- misspelled it again!

It's Kuligowski.

Archived