Staff Changes

fredst

Lose one of the top defensive minds in football and hire an assistant who has never been a coordinator at any level. What could possibly go wrong? PLENTY of quality DCs out that are looking or would leave where they are to come to Auburn.

Please tell me a DC that is looking? The market is slim.

Rodney Garner

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Wayne Hall would consider coming out of retirement.

I see what your doing a4e you really need to cut it out.

Testy Testy

With reference to the idea of bringing in Spikes, I'll say this. The better you are as a player, the less likely you are to be a good coach. It seems strange but as a rule, and there are exceptions, it does tend to go like that.

Choices:

1) Rodney Garner

2) Charles Kelly FSU

3) Jack Curtis Georgia Southern;

Barry Odom Missouri (excellent recruiter for Memphis/Missouri area);

Todd Grantham (I'm sure everyone will shoot me for suggesting his name)

Lose one of the top defensive minds in football and hire an assistant who has never been a coordinator at any level. What could possibly go wrong? PLENTY of quality DCs out that are looking or would leave where they are to come to Auburn.

CWM started to develop a D at AU. It's not time to scrap, it is time to build on it. We need continuity and stability after so many changes over the last few years.

I agree..will need a LB coach...and one has to wonder how the vets Garner and Thompson will respond to working for Robinson. They both are veterans and have been coaching defense for a while. Side note another DC will more than likely want his own guys, so $$ will be needed to make someone go away unless they get reassigned..

Barry Odom at Missouri would fit the LB coach need

Choices:

1) Rodney Garner

2) Charles Kelly FSU

1) I think we'd promote T-Rob or Lance Thompson before Garner

4) Barry Odom took the HC job at Mizzou, no way he's leaving that.

5) Yeah, no.

CWM started to develop a D at AU. It's not time to scrap, it is time to build on it. We need continuity and stability after so many changes over the last few years.

I agree..will need a LB coach...and one has to wonder how the vets Garner and Thompson will respond to working for Robinson. They both are veterans and have been coaching defense for a while. Side note another DC will more than likely want his own guys, so $$ will be needed to make someone go away unless they get reassigned..

Odom is Missouri HC

Odom is Missouri HC

Thanks. Hadn't kept up with them since September.

This is why I want someone that is young and will be here for a whiule. Another defensive scheme and another year of growiing pains. Bama's defense is the way it is because it is a system build and replenished for years. We need consistency above anything else.

Choices:

1) Rodney Garner

2) Charles Kelly FSU

1) I think we'd promote T-Rob or Lance Thompson before Garner

4) Barry Odom took the HC job at Mizzou, no way he's leaving that.

5) Yeah, no.

TRob doesn't have the resume'. You might lose Garner if you choose LT but LT has the resume'.

Why do you oppose RG ?

This is why I want someone that is young and will be here for a whiule. Another defensive scheme and another year of growiing pains. Bama's defense is the way it is because it is a system build and replenished for years. We need consistency above anything else.

Why would a younger coach make you think he'll stay for a longer term ?

Choices:

1) Rodney Garner - Don't think so

2) Charles Kelly FSU - Why would he leave FSU for a possible dead end job at AU?

3) Jack Curtis Georgia Southern; - Don't know much about him

Barry Odom Missouri (excellent recruiter for Memphis/Missouri area); Named HC at Missouri, ain't coming to AU as DC.

Todd Grantham (I'm sure everyone will shoot me for suggesting his name) - Hahaha!!

Why haven't we locked T-Rob in?

Because he just accepted the DC job at SCAR

How could he accept the DC job at USC, when they haven't even formally hired a coach? People need to stop going with everything that pops up on the net. Philip Marshall is not sitting in T-Rob's living room, listening to his conversations.

Archived