Staff Changes

fredst

TRob with a staff of veterans like Thompson will do just fine. I think he is ready. I really hope we go after Brad Lawing at FSU and move Garner to somewhere else on the field.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you guys saying TRob isnt ready, you do know he is wanted other places right? It only makes sense to make him DC. It keeps the same system in place, and it will help keep the class we have, committed.

I hope Gus is smart enough to offer TRob, but at the same time, I hope TRob will stay at home. I do seem to remember him telling CWM "there is only one place I will follow you" when he (TRob) was deciding wether or not to stay on staff at UF.

WDE from Eugene Oregon

Hes always worked under CWM so I actually see him going to USCe. He would be DC either at AU, USCe, or Maryland. With that point equalizing everything Auburn doesn't look like the smart choice because of the fair amount of uncertainty surrounding the program right now. If he follows his heart he will be at AU running the D (if offered) if he follows his head he's going to work with one of the guys he has extensive working history with.

Hes always worked under CWM so I actually see him going to USCe. He would be DC either at AU, USCe, or Maryland. With that point equalizing everything Auburn doesn't look like the smart choice because of the fair amount of uncertainty surrounding the program right now. If he follows his heart he will be at AU running the D (if offered) if he follows his head he's going to work with one of the guys he has extensive working history with.

That's how I see it.

Promote T-Rob. No search, no delay. Do it now.

I think this is the way it absolutely needs to be done. Quick simple and let's move on.

Paul Rhoads is available.

That might be a bridge we burned.

Paul Rhoads is available.

Oh dear god! No!! Rhoads was awful.

Well, I mean if we stick with the theme of hiring a previous HC who used to be an AU DC.

Looks like we have at least another 24 hours of waiting. USCe board has called a meeting at 9am tomorrow to discuss an athletic department contract.

Well if I get my wish, the "other" decision has already been made and hopefully mutually agreed upon: As soon as Monday morning's sunrise CGM announces the "already" hired new DC as T-Rob. We would maintain a good semblance of continuity, maintain (hopefully) most of our commitments AND have a DC that may make it a longterm situation. Just my wishes..no insider info and no threads.

How about that, it looks as though I was telling you the truth with my posts that I read on other websites about Muschamp leaving.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then

In fairness he was only right about saying that somewhere else someone else posted something else. I think we've all got those type sources.

Lose one of the top defensive minds in football and hire an assistant who has never been a coordinator at any level. What could possibly go wrong? PLENTY of quality DCs out that are looking or would leave where they are to come to Auburn.

Lose one of the top defensive minds in football and hire an assistant who has never been a coordinator at any level. What could possibly go wrong? PLENTY of quality DCs out that are looking or would leave where they are to come to Auburn.

With Gus fighting for his job? Yet another system for our D to learn?

Please tell me a DC that is looking? The market is slim.

With Gus fighting for his job? Yet another system for our D to learn?

Yep, may be a tough year ...

"Move over Texas, USCe, and Vandy, here comes Auburn!"

I feel pretty sad now. :(

Please tell me a DC that is looking? The market is slim.

Plus we have to contend with Bama, UGA, and USCe for a DC (and staff).

I have not heard anyone mention but I think Thompson would make a darn fine DC, He has been around long enough to know good coaches to bring aboard, and he is a good recruiter as well.

How about as Co-head to support TRob and keep stability

I like it, but would that be enough to keep T-Rob here if he gets other offers?

What about Manny Dias(not sure about the spelling)from Miss St?He seems like a pretty good up and coming young DC we might could hire away from Mullen.But I also like T-Rob and Lance Thompson from the current staff.

CWM started to develop a D at AU. It's not time to scrap, it is time to build on it. We need continuity and stability after so many changes over the last few years.

CWM started to develop a D at AU. It's not time to scrap, it is time to build on it. We need continuity and stability after so many changes over the last few years.

I agree..will need a LB coach...and one has to wonder how the vets Garner and Thompson will respond to working for Robinson. They both are veterans and have been coaching defense for a while. Side note another DC will more than likely want his own guys, so $$ will be needed to make someone go away unless they get reassigned..

Archived