Staff Changes

fredst

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does USCe see in Muschamp though. He failed at Florida, and without Carl Lawson in the second half of the season our defense would have been just as bad if not worst then last year (stat wise it actually prob was). Yes there was improvement but can't give Will allll the credit. Does USCe think after one year away from head coaching Muschamp magically learned how to be a great hc and will bring them success. I don't understand their logic.

Muschamp is gone. He will be the new Head Coach at USC.

We officially have a mess on our hands and although I think we need a proven DC, I think TRobb will be offered.

No one gets #!/%=÷$ like Auburn.

It's a mess!

Hope this is a blessing in the long-term. We need stability and continuity, but not sure where it will come from.

No one gets #!/%=÷$ like Auburn.

It's a mess!

Hope this is a blessing in the long-term. We need stability and continuity, but not sure where it will come from.

Don't look for it from this bumbling athletic dept. As the turds win yet another SEC title, we continue to do what we do best and screw up. Here we are during a very important recruiting time wondering whether we are going to lose our million dollar plus def. coordinator. Muschamp should have been tied up for three years when hired, or not hired at all. Yet, here we are, with a guy we can't fire or we have to pay him, who if he leaves we get nothing, so we just have to wait in limbo until USCe decides what they are going to do. The way the athletic dept at Auburn has been handled sine about 1998 is beyond laughable. It is amazing we have had a few years of success to go astride of some of the idiotic management from the athletic office. I hope they promote T-Rob, for recruiting, then reassess after next season. Who knows?, we may have to completely start over again next year, AGAIN!

T-Rob is the best choice for continuity and to hold on to our recruits. If WM and Durkin have offered him the DC job, he's obviously ready in their eyes. Remember thst when WM came in he didnt like our recruiting board and wiped it clean. This really stood out to me. TRob will have say on who to retsin and who to replace. I for one have high hopes for the D if he takes over. As for WM, very disappointed that he ran from AU after 1yr; I understand the HC opportunity but he danaged AU with the suggestions that he wanted out.

As for RG, I dont know the internal goings on but my sense is that he's good in building relationships with parents but not great at coaching and development or young and energetic. No one can say that our dline dominates. I hope TR gets to bring in who he wants.

As for the O, I dont think GM listens to anyone but he should. DC is a major recruiter and good coach. He needs to stay but I dont know if he needs to take over as QB and OC or not. RL doesnt impress me but I dont believe he has any say do over Gus; so not effective. Definitely we need a QB coach whether its DC or someone else. WM is taking BB (and btw there gies his son). Our oline was also not very good this yr. Dont know why. Lots of people complsined about UAT holding. Isnt this more about technique and what is allowed. Like Horton. Need someone to coach receivers.

How about that, it looks as though I was telling you the truth with my posts that I read on other websites about Muschamp leaving.

I have not heard anyone mention but I think Thompson would make a darn fine DC, He has been around long enough to know good coaches to bring aboard, and he is a good recruiter as well.

If Muschamp goes, T-Rob will be the new DC.

I hope you are correct. TRob is going to have options for certain.

wde

wde

Yep....just wonder if he is going to keep himself hitched to CWM for another try at HC....of to Gus who could be on the hot seat next year?

T-Rob is the best choice for continuity and to hold on to our recruits. If WM and Durkin have offered him the DC job, he's obviously ready in their eyes. Remember thst when WM came in he didnt like our recruiting board and wiped it clean. This really stood out to me. TRob will have say on who to retsin and who to replace. I for one have high hopes for the D if he takes over. As for WM, very disappointed that he ran from AU after 1yr; I understand the HC opportunity but he danaged AU with the suggestions that he wanted out.

As for RG, I dont know the internal goings on but my sense is that he's good in building relationships with parents but not great at coaching and development or young and energetic. No one can say that our dline dominates. I hope TR gets to bring in who he wants.

As for the O, I dont think GM listens to anyone but he should. DC is a major recruiter and good coach. He needs to stay but I dont know if he needs to take over as QB and OC or not. RL doesnt impress me but I dont believe he has any say do over Gus; so not effective. Definitely we need a QB coach whether its DC or someone else. WM is taking BB (and btw there gies his son). Our oline was also not very good this yr. Dont know why. Lots of people complsined about UAT holding. Isnt this more about technique and what is allowed. Like Horton. Need someone to coach receivers.

It's not an allowed technique for most teams to bear hug and tackle people from behind, put them in choke holds and attempt to rip their jerseys off every play. You have to own the refs to get away with that and we don't.

Otherwise, I agree with your post. Well said.

I have not heard anyone mention but I think Thompson would make a darn fine DC, He has been around long enough to know good coaches to bring aboard, and he is a good recruiter as well.

How about as Co-head to support TRob and keep stability

wde

Yep....just wonder if he is going to keep himself hitched to CWM for another try at HC....of to Gus who could be on the hot seat next year?

On paper, with WM is the better option of the two.

We have a mess on our hands. Hope Gus was not shortsighted and made a good plan for this and can deliver. He had to have known WM would leave for a HC job asap. Right?!

Gus is in a tough spot. If he's going to make it long term at AU, he's going to have to find a good, long term DC. Muschamp was good, but he was never going to be long term. TRob might be a long term option but no one knows if he can handle the DC job. TRob is the type of DC we need, though. Someone who would be happy in the job for a while and who hopefully learned a lot from mentor like Muschamp.

wde

On paper, with WM is the better option of the two.

We have a mess on our hands. Hope Gus was not shortsighted and made a good plan for this and can deliver. He had to have known WM would leave for a HC job asap. Right?!

One would think so. I'm still of the opinion that CWM's job was to build (quickly) a defense that would allow our offense to win the SEC and be in the play-off. I really can't believe this was anything more than a one year plan....for CWM ...and probably for Gus.

And I'm hoping he already had/has a plan for this year.

I would really be disappointed to all of a sudden see a bunch of names put forward for our DC job and a trail of coaches coming in for interviews.

How about that, it looks as though I was telling you the truth with my posts that I read on other websites about Muschamp leaving.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then

wde

True. Honestly, the DC position at USCe under Muschamp as well as the DC position at Maryland under Durkin are both more stable than the DC position at AU right now.

wde

Very interesting indeed for TRob. Also interesting is that Alabama ,Auburn,Georgia and South Carolina are taking applications for D Coord.

That's a tough pool for us to be in.

wde

True. Honestly, the DC position at USCe under Muschamp as well as the DC position at Maryland under Durkin are both more stable than the DC position at AU right now.

wde

Indeed. Sad, but true.

I think that Gus needs to decide what defensive philosophy he wants to run that fits his offensive philosophy. Then hire a young energized DC that runs that style of D. Someone who will stay awhile.

Archived