Staff Changes

fredst

It looks like Muschamp will be named as the USCe head coach tomorrow. Rich Rod is staying at Arizona. If T-Rob is named DC, what coach do we add to the defensive side of the ball? Does T-Rob stay as secondary coach? Do we add a DL coach to help Garner? Or do we add a LB to help Thompson?

If TRob is named DC, then I hope he gets to decide.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Muschamp will be named as the USCe head coach tomorrow. Rich Rod is staying at Arizona. If T-Rob is named DC, what coach do we add to the defensive side of the ball? Does T-Rob stay as secondary coach? Do we add a DL coach to help Garner? Or do we add a LB to help Thompson?

Abc reporting Rich Rod turned down an offer to become their head coach. Doesn't mean they offer it to WM but proves WM isn't their first choice and may not be their second or third honestly. I'd hold off on the official announcement for now. I'm still not sold its happens at all

If TRob is named DC, then I hope he gets to decide.

This

Abc reporting Rich Rod turned down an offer to become their head coach. Doesn't mean they offer it to WM but proves WM isn't their first choice and may not be their second or third honestly. I'd hold off on the official announcement for now. I'm still not sold its happens at all

Do y'all really think Rich Rod was offered the job?

It's more credible than anything else so far as major networks are reporting it as opposed to random internet jockeys

Spikes, move Garner to off field coach and bring in a d-line coach...Spikes hasn't coached but he has every tribute u look for, and we are close to his families home so it would be amazing if it could happen, 15% chance, but i will dream

Let's start at the top....not just the coaches.

sounds like some people want to commit athletic suicide to me.

I hate to call anyone a troll....so will just say that perhaps some folks haven't thought through the impact of what they are suggesting.

Are you serious? This is what is holding Auburn back, an administration & soft fans who are too afraid & lack the backbone to do anything..

You can't just sit back & say "By golly gosh, we can turn this around without changing anything...yup yup yup...." Ignorance.

You never know until you ask. But please, don't allow Jay Jacobs to do anymore hiring. He have proven time and time again that he doesn't have enough back bone to hire a REAL head football coach who really knows how to win and recruit.

....upon the advice of Bo and Sully. So, you are saying the same about them??

It's more credible than anything else so far as major networks are reporting it as opposed to random internet jockeys

Are they not simply reporting the tweets that have been quoted?

Not if he is personally saying no.

You never know until you ask. But please, don't allow Jay Jacobs to do anymore hiring. He have proven time and time again that he doesn't have enough back bone to hire a REAL head football coach who really knows how to win and recruit.

Do you just have all these posts already made out and saved somewhere and just pick one at random or do you have them in a rotation of some sort?

I'm voting yes. He just parrots the same garbage day after day....He has to have them at the ready.

I've been a true orange and blue Auburn Tiger since I was only 7 years old. I use to go to a lot of AU games. I haven't been to many because my health is not as good as it was in the late 60s and all the 70s. I even had season tickets from 1981 through 1999. Also, I've been to road game and bowl games in the past.

Your loyalty as a fan I will not question, but I will question your understanding of the entire athletic department and how important that is to the student body/alumni. I know many only follow football, but the overall success of our athletic department is something we should be extremely proud of along with our Academic success. To criticize repeatedly, without understanding it is damning to the program and what others feed off of. Our Academic success and growth is strong, our Athletic programs are producing quality representatives of our University.....Josh Donaldson, Jason Dufner, Cam Newton, plus many more. When you belittle things so much about my Alma Mater it annoys me. While some things may not be working right, in some opinions, the overall whole from academics to athletics is great and evolving. While at times athletic success may not happen we are continuing to put out top quality students and athletes that are gonna make a difference in so many peoples lives...This is why we are Auburn. drunk rant out

Allow me to also add that in Jay Jacob's defense he did not just pick Gus Malzahn out from the listings all by himself, unless you believe the All-Auburn Search Committee was a farce. Otherwise you have to accept that we legitimately thought the Malzahn hire was a good hire, just like the rest of our coaching hires.

Do you just not like his face or something? :-\

I hate to call anyone a troll....so will just say that perhaps some folks haven't thought through the impact of what they are suggesting.

Are you serious? This is what is holding Auburn back, an administration & soft fans who are too afraid & lack the backbone to do anything..

You can't just sit back & say "By golly gosh, we can turn this around without changing anything...yup yup yup...." Ignorance.

64 is implying that comments like yours are short sighted/knee jerk and not seeing the full scope of your implication not fully understanding the situation (ie your ignorance) and I agree. Those that only have some of the facts and use them to come to rash conclusions are generally incorrect and need to look a little deeper. JMO of course and not implied as fact or any shot at you.

I know I have mentioned Pruitt. I bet he goes to UA. Chizik to AU ?? I don't know if Trob no matter how good he can recruit deserves a DT coordinator job at AU. There are bigger names out there. Iam not saying he can't do it, just that a proven DC would be better for AU

The problem with bigger name DCs is that everybody knows that Malzahn may be coaching for his job next year. It would take a lot of money to lure a big time DC into a situation that may only last one season.

64 is implying that comments like yours are short sighted/knee jerk and not seeing the full scope of your implication not fully understanding the situation (ie your ignorance) and I agree. Those that only have some of the facts and use them to come to rash conclusions are generally incorrect and need to look a little deeper. JMO of course and not implied as fact or any shot at you.

Maybe you are right, we should just keep Jay Jacobs so he can hire more incompetent coaches. Great idea.

Maybe we shouldn't pidgeonhole ourselves by only hiring former players as coaches? Seems like may here see that as the first- and at times only- qualification.

It was a joke as Takeo's name gets thrown around regularly around here.

Maybe we shouldn't pidgeonhole ourselves by only hiring former players as coaches? Seems like may here see that as the first- and at times only- qualification.

It was a joke as Takeo's name gets thrown around regularly around here.

Ahhh, my sarcasm meter has been off a bit this week. Wasn't just responding to you, in any event.

Archived