Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Ya know, I could be wrong, but I don't think Muschamp is their top target; there are just too many candidates being added to the interview schedule. You could have made the argument that the AD is doing his due diligence, but if he's STILL adding people to the schedule a day or two after Muschamp interviewed, then it just seems like they searching for anybody but him. My opinion of course.

That's a logical thought.

Why thank you

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao that everyone thinks since 1 guy turned down USC that they are guaranteed to offer it to WM. Wasn't aware they were the only 2 options.

There were about 5-8. Champ is #3 or 4 on the list.

How do you know this?

From scouring the internet.

Carolina wanted the Houston coach, who decided to stay at Houston.

Then they wanted Kirby Smart, who also turned them down.

Then they interviewed several more people, including the Oklahoma OC and Champ.

Then they interviewed Rich Rod and a few other folks.

ALL the chatter has been that Champ is likely to be the next coach. Then Rich Rod got some momentum, with lots of Carolina reporters (like at 247) telling everyone that it was still Champ, not Rich Rod.

I don't know for absolute certain that Champ was #3 on the list; but I'm fairly confident he was thereabouts.

This is what E posted on a different forum:

"JGT

-surprised Boom has not been named SCe coach yet

-Boom is indeed frustrated w/ AU football operations & doesn't feel everyone involved is being completely loyal to AU in their actions

-Big issue is Boom, much like most of us, doesn't trust Jay to do what he promises (Remember PAM has been saying it was not a JJ issue at all)

-1 close to Boom feels AU's willingness to look into his concerns the past 2 days has been a positive

-Boom & Gus get a long well

-TRob did the Marlon In Home w/ Gus this week

-TRob has been in So. Fla countering the affects of Boom potentially leaving

-Trob has told Durkin @ Maryland to wait on his DC orrortunity while he sees how things @ AU plays out

-Durkin is complying

-2 sources say Gus plans to offer TRob as DC if Boom leaves

-Would need to hire a veteran position coach, 1 that TRob chooses or suggests, to be an advisor

-Can't afford to lose Boom & TRob from a recruiting POV so Gus may not even have a choice not to offer TRob should Boom leave

-Many sources feel TRob would take the DC job & AU over Maryland & SCe

-If Boom stays Trob almost assuredly becomes the DC @ Maryland"

Wow, this is the best info I have read yet. I knew I joined this site for a reason. Good job E.

So I wonder who we'd rather have then, T-Rob or the Champ...

My question is will Gus be willing to bet his job on a new DC with no experience? I'm sure T Rob will make a good one but if there is a learning curve can Gus afford to let him learn on the job when Gus's job may be on the line next year?

At this point I think T-Rob. We are obviously on short terms with Will anyway. Plus T-Rob would almost certainly rather have the D Coordinator position at AU than at any other school. He truly loves Auburn.

My question is will Gus be willing to bet his job on a new DC with no experience? I'm sure T Rob will make a good one but if there is a learning curve can Gus afford to let him learn on the job when Gus's job may be on the line next year?

What established DC will want it ? Will our players have to adjust to another system ? It's a calculated risk, but the alternative ain't great .

Lmao that everyone thinks since 1 guy turned down USC that they are guaranteed to offer it to WM. Wasn't aware they were the only 2 options.

There were about 5-8. Champ is #3 or 4 on the list.

You know he is #3 or 4 on the list (of those left in the running incling rich rod) because?

I answered this with my answer to Foundation. But you can see it here, too.

What established DC will want it ? Will our players have to adjust to another system ? It's a calculated risk, but the alternative ain't great .

I think it's a risk well worth taking!

Really tired of seeing all these SC guys saying its "confirmed" that Trob is coming with Muschamp and it getting like 5 million up votes on their 247 site. While we're over here hoping we lock down Trob. If we don't lock him down then something is definitely wrong, big time.

"JGT

-Boom is indeed frustrated w/ AU football operations & doesn't feel everyone involved is being completely loyal to AU in their actions

-Big issue is Boom, much like most of us, doesn't trust Jay to do what he promises (Remember PAM has been saying it was not a JJ issue at all)

-1 close to Boom feels AU's willingness to look into his concerns the past 2 days has been a positive

-Trob has told Durkin @ Maryland to wait on his DC orrortunity while he sees how things @ AU plays out

-Durkin is complying

-Would need to hire a veteran position coach, 1 that TRob chooses or suggests, to be an advisor

-Can't afford to lose Boom & TRob from a recruiting POV so Gus may not even have a choice not to offer TRob should Boom leave

Wow, this is the best info I have read yet. I knew I joined this site for a reason. Good job E.

I don't know who they want, but this has gotten to the point that I would rather have TRob take over than keep Boom and lose TRob in the process. If Boom stays there is nothing in the current contract to prevent this drama from continuing week after week, even for lateral moves. He can leave at any time and we would have lost TRob.

So is it better to make the players learn a brand new system once again, or to let them gain continuity in the same system? I would bank on the same system and Trob to continue the culture change than a brand new coach with another system that has no clue what kind of shape we are in.

You don't get anywhere changing systems and coaches every two years. Best chance for Gus is to keep Trob and to bring in a veteran type position coach to help Trob like in the JGT quotes.

"JGT

-Durkin is complying

I don't know who they want, but this has gotten to the point that I would rather have TRob take over than keep Boom and lose TRob in the process. If Boom stays there is nothing in the current contract to prevent this drama from continuing week after week, even for lateral moves. He can leave at any time and we would have lost TRob.

Totally agree, IronMan.

So is it better to make the players learn a brand new system once again, or to let them gain continuity in the same system? I would bank on the same system and Trob to continue the culture change than a brand new coach with another system that has no clue what kind of shape we are in

I agree with you guys but what I said was will GUS be willing to do it? That's what I'm unsure of. I would like T Rob to take over.

So is it better to make the players learn a brand new system once again, or to let them gain continuity in the same system? I would bank on the same system and Trob to continue the culture change than a brand new coach with another system that has no clue what kind of shape we are in

I agree with you guys but what I said was will GUS be willing to do it? That's what I'm unsure of. I would like T Rob to take over.

My response was targeted at your last sentence. Even an experienced DC is going to be learning on the job here with our "culture" lol.

I think so; but we'll probably find out for certain soon.

My response was targeted at your last sentence. Even an experienced DC is going to be learning on the job here with our "culture" lol.

Good point.

God I hope so. Can never put anything past Gus tho

God I hope so. Can never put anything past Gus tho

:laugh:

"JGT

-Durkin is complying

Yep, this is probably best for long term stability.

We've moved from minor sources to major publications (who are probably still getting their info from those minor sources lol). Journalism, man, what a cluster.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/12/06/will-muschamp-south-carolina-head-coach-auburn

We've moved from minor sources to major publications (who are probably still getting their info from those minor sources lol). Journalism, man, what a cluster.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/12/06/will-muschamp-south-carolina-head-coach-auburn

Ugh... Thayer Evans... Hate him!!! What a pr*ck

He cut our yards allowed per play by .2. How could usce pass him up?

Archived