Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what E posted on a different forum:

"JGT

-surprised Boom has not been named SCe coach yet

-Boom is indeed frustrated w/ AU football operations & doesn't feel everyone involved is being completely loyal to AU in their actions

-Big issue is Boom, much like most of us, doesn't trust Jay to do what he promises (Remember PAM has been saying it was not a JJ issue at all)

-1 close to Boom feels AU's willingness to look into his concerns the past 2 days has been a positive

-Boom & Gus get a long well

-TRob did the Marlon In Home w/ Gus this week

-TRob has been in So. Fla countering the affects of Boom potentially leaving

-Trob has told Durkin @ Maryland to wait on his DC orrortunity while he sees how things @ AU plays out

-Durkin is complying

-2 sources say Gus plans to offer TRob as DC if Boom leaves

-Would need to hire a veteran position coach, 1 that TRob chooses or suggests, to be an advisor

-Can't afford to lose Boom & TRob from a recruiting POV so Gus may not even have a choice not to offer TRob should Boom leave

-Many sources feel TRob would take the DC job & AU over Maryland & SCe

-If Boom stays Trob almost assuredly becomes the DC @ Maryland"

If that last part is true about T-Rob, let's just go ahead and promote him to DC and be done with it. WM has no loyalty to Auburn, that much is clear. If he doesn't get the SC gig and stays, just demote him to LBs. Hell, we're already wasting money on WM, might as well give TR a bump too.

So from a continuity standpoint, if TRob is the "stuff" and a viable DC, it would be better for Boom to take off and have TRob take over. As opposed to TRob leaving and Boom taking another job next year.

Ya know, I could be wrong, but I don't think Muschamp is their top target; there are just too many candidates being added to the interview schedule. You could have made the argument that the AD is doing his due diligence, but if he's STILL adding people to the schedule a day or two after Muschamp interviewed, then it just seems like they searching for anybody but him. My opinion of course.

I was wondering about this as well. At first it was 3 names and then another 2 and then another 2. Just more being interviewed seems odd but could be a ploy by USCe to show their intended that others are interested so you better take our offer and not counter for bigger bucks as we could just go to one of the many others interested in the job.

"JGT

-Boom is indeed frustrated w/ AU football operations & doesn't feel everyone involved is being completely loyal to AU in their actions

-Big issue is Boom, much like most of us, doesn't trust Jay to do what he promises (Remember PAM has been saying it was not a JJ issue at all)

-1 close to Boom feels AU's willingness to look into his concerns the past 2 days has been a positive

-Trob has told Durkin @ Maryland to wait on his DC orrortunity while he sees how things @ AU plays out

-Durkin is complying

-Would need to hire a veteran position coach, 1 that TRob chooses or suggests, to be an advisor

-Can't afford to lose Boom & TRob from a recruiting POV so Gus may not even have a choice not to offer TRob should Boom leave

Thanks for posting this. More detail that makes sense in this post than anything else I've read recently.

"JGT

-Durkin is complying

:realmad: JJ is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he?

At least it looks like TRob will take over.

So from a continuity standpoint, if TRob is the "stuff" and a viable DC, it would be better for Boom to take off and have TRob take over. As opposed to TRob leaving and Boom taking another job next year.

IMO....yes. We're on borrowed time with WM, unfortunately. We need a long term option, and if Gus can get the O going again, we may just be able to have that with TR.

Ya know, I could be wrong, but I don't think Muschamp is their top target; there are just too many candidates being added to the interview schedule. You could have made the argument that the AD is doing his due diligence, but if he's STILL adding people to the schedule a day or two after Muschamp interviewed, then it just seems like they searching for anybody but him. My opinion of course.

I was wondering about this as well. At first it was 3 names and then another 2 and then another 2. Just more being interviewed seems odd but could be a ploy by USCe to show their intended that others are interested so you better take our offer and not counter for bigger bucks as we could just go to one of the many others interested in the job.

They're hiring a replacement to a Living Legend in Spurrier. It's a pretty big hire if you ask me. Which is what perplexes me about the whole WM interest at this point.

They're hiring a replacement to a Living Legend in Spurrier. It's a pretty big hire if you ask me. Which is what perplexes me about the whole WM interest at this point.

Exactly.

What does he mean when he says Muschamp feels not everyone in Ops is loyal to Auburn?

No details there, obviously. But you could imagine there being some corruption. It certainly puts Muschamp's supposed lack of loyalty to Auburn in a new light.

At this point , I think we should let champ go and hire t-rob . Recruits know that even if we keep muschamp after this , he will be looking to leave . T-rob will give us stability and also he has been muschamp's understudy the past years .

"JGT

-Durkin is complying

:realmad:/> JJ is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he?

And so are you. You and NewDay22 are two of the most negative people I have ever encountered on this forum. Have a drink or smoke or pill or something and chill out for a little while. That much negativity consumes like a disease and causes long term health issues.

If that last part is true about T-Rob, let's just go ahead and promote him to DC and be done with it. WM has no loyalty to Auburn, that much is clear. If he doesn't get the SC gig and stays, just demote him to LBs. Hell, we're already wasting money on WM, might as well give TR a bump too.

his loyalty is to himself and what he thinks is best for his career.

What does he mean when he says Muschamp feels not everyone in Ops is loyal to Auburn?

No details there, obviously. But you could imagine there being some corruption. It certainly puts Muschamp's supposed lack of loyalty to Auburn in a new light.

So basically we have a "banana republic" Athletic Dept?

At this point , I think we should let champ go and hire t-rob . Recruits know that even if we keep muschamp after this , he will be looking to leave . T-rob will give us stability and also he has been muschamp's understudy the past years .

If TRob turns out to be a bad DC, then everyone gets fired next year. What's that do for recruiting? I'm not saying it's a terrible decision but it's a HUGE risk, especially for Gus and his future.

Perception is that this is the reason AU can't be consistent on the field.

So basically we have a "banana republic" Athletic Dept?

There are lots of rumors about corruption in the AD. I'm not in any position to say whether any of them are true. I also don't plan to restate any of them here. My point is only that Muschamp being unhappy with folks he thinks are not loyal to Auburn calls into question, if true, claims that Muschamp is the one not being loyal.

That's a logical thought.

"JGT

-Durkin is complying

Wow, this is the best info I have read yet. I knew I joined this site for a reason. Good job E.

"JGT

-Durkin is complying

:realmad:/> JJ is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he?

And so are you. You and NewDay22 are two of the most negative people I have ever encountered on this forum. Have a drink or smoke or pill or something and chill out for a little while. That much negativity consumes like a disease and causes long term health issues.

Look, the commitment of Kyle Davis has been the only good news we've gotten around here in some time. Don't get me wrong, for that I am truly grateful, but while I'm not asking for Alabama's level of success, but can we at least have 9 to 10 win seasons on a consistent basis? That being said, I think we have the talent to do it!

"JGT

-Durkin is complying

Wow, this is the best info I have read yet. I knew I joined this site for a reason. Good job E.

Quotes by E but I believe the breakdown is per JG Tate..hence the JGT up top

"JGT

-Durkin is complying

Quotes by E but I believe the breakdown is per JG Tate..hence the JGT up top

Makes more sense. I didn't think E was an insider.

Archived