Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Tony Barnhart@MrCFB 3h3 hours ago

Hearing in press box that we'll hear about the new South Carolina coach on Sunday. Rich Rod or Will Muschamp?

If it is Muschamp... I hope he goes 6-6 for three straight seasons.

If he's taking a promotion, why do you wish that on him?

Because. He would have burned us and burned his players. His words about, I'm in it for the long haul, changing culture would just be Jack sh**

I can understand that and agree if he is leaving for a lateral position, but a HC position at an SEC school?? Every single one of us would do the same thing relative to our careers.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Barnhart ‏@MrCFB 3h3 hours ago

Hearing in press box that we'll hear about the new South Carolina coach on Sunday. Rich Rod or Will Muschamp?

Because. He would have burned us and burned his players. His words about, I'm in it for the long haul, changing culture would just be Jack sh**

He has to do what's best for him. Can't blame him for that. Things change, I'm sure he wasn't expecting the coaching carousel to go full blown crazy this year.

True. I hope he goes sub .500 for the 2 years left on his contract here if he leaves, then no better than .500.

Well, I haven't commented on the situation until now. I talked to my friend who works with the team. He said the coaches were saying Muschamp has agreed to be the USCe head coach and T-Rob is following him there. Name being mentioned the most for our next DC is Jeremy Pruitt. Things change but I believe him. He is close with the coaches.

I don't believe you either.

You don't have to. Just sharing what I heard from a friend, who by the way, has keys to the coaches' offices.

Bombshell. He has keys to the coaches offices. We're going to need a selfie in each office for verification, then we still won't believe the rumor. Pruitt is not coming go AU. As paranoid as Gus is rumored to be, it might push him over the edge.

I don't think Pruitt is coming to Auburn either.

I can understand that and agree if he is leaving for a lateral position, but a HC position at an SEC school?? Every single one of us would do the same thing relative to our careers.

Yeah, I don't buy that. The guy is raking in the $$$. And...it's USCe, not like he'd be walking into a grand situation. I just don't get the allure of it. He just got booted from a school notorious for success. In a hotbed of talent and a D unit pretty much in place when he arrived. Yet, he failed horribly. If you're gonna take a career opportunity stance with this, I'd say it's career suicide IMO. If he does get/take the SC job, I believe you'll see WM @ UF 2.0. What OC is gonna take the chance with him as HC? He's already proven to be offensively inept. I guess money trumps most things, but damn, how much money do you honestly friggin need, the guys a millionaire 10 fold already. Maybe I have my bitter O&B glasses on, but that's my thoughts.

BREAKING NEWS: Reports coming out of Columbia SC are saying that South Carolina has come to terms with Larry Culpepper as their next Head Coach.

BREAKING NEWS: Reports coming out of Columbia SC are saying that South Carolina has come to terms with Larry Culpepper as their next Head Coach.

I saw it on the internet it must be true!

I thought I was gonna be their head coach.

Yeah, I don't buy that. The guy is raking in the $$$. And...it's USCe, not like he'd be walking into a grand situation. I just don't get the allure of it. He just got booted from a school notorious for success. In a hotbed of talent and a D unit pretty much in place when he arrived. Yet, he failed horribly. If you're gonna take a career opportunity stance with this, I'd say it's career suicide IMO. If he does get/take the SC job, I believe you'll see WM @ UF 2.0. What OC is gonna take the chance with him as HC? He's already proven to be offensively inept. I guess money trumps most things, but damn, how much money do you honestly friggin need, the guys a millionaire 10 fold already. Maybe I have my bitter O&B glasses on, but that's my thoughts.

I'll be just as upset if he leaves, but what school out there is a better option AND would offer him the HC job? Not trying to flame, I'm just curious if you have schools in mind that would be a better situation for him and he'd have a realistic chance of getting.

I thought I was gonna be their head coach.

Just get a guy in a suit to tweet it and we will believe it to be so.

Here's my best case scenario. We keep Muschamp one more year. Have a great year and the offense is back to normal scoring 35 plus per game. Next year WM leaves and Gus is not on the hot seat. If WM leaves this year, it is a very bad situation as no decent DC will come here under the circumstances. At the end of next year either Gus will be getting fired or prove he is worth keeping. If we lose WM this year, recruiting drops off and the likelihood of success next year diminishes. That also leads to the likelihood of Gus getting canned next year. That would make 2 years in a row of bad press and bad recruiting severely hurting the next coach. If we can hold Will for 1 more year then things are different. We would then have either a whole new staff next year or a really good shot at a quality DC and recruiting would still be decent this year. If WM leaves now and Gus tanks, the next coach in will have a large uphill battle and smaller chance of success. The best option for long term success includes WM staying 1 more year IMO.

I'll be just as upset if he leaves, but what school out there is a better option AND would offer him the HC job? Not trying to flame, I'm just curious if you have schools in mind that would be a better situation for him and he'd have a realistic chance of getting.

I got nothing for ya man. I'm just bitter. I also believe in a mans word, which obviously means jacksh$t these days. I also don't think he's HC material. He's worked under some extremely successful coaches in his time, but apparently he didn't pick up much in regards to the big picture. Yep, just bitter. Ignore me...lol. I just believe in loyalty which I know is naive of me.

Ya know, I could be wrong, but I don't think Muschamp is their top target; there are just too many candidates being added to the interview schedule. You could have made the argument that the AD is doing his due diligence, but if he's STILL adding people to the schedule a day or two after Muschamp interviewed, then it just seems like they searching for anybody but him. My opinion of course.

I got nothing for ya man. I'm just bitter. I also believe in a mans word, which obviously means jacksh$t these days. I also don't think he's HC material. He's worked under some extremely successful coaches in his time, but apparently he didn't pick up much in regards to the big picture. Yep, just bitter. Ignore me...lol. I just believe in loyalty which I know is naive of me.

I know how you feel, I wish he'd go all Bud Foster or Mickey Andrews on us, but with the huge sums of money these coaches are getting these days it's hard to pass up.

Muschamp goes to coot land, Robinson the new Auburn DC

Muschamp stays, Robinson heads to Maryland to be the DC

Bank it.

That what you're hearing emt?

I would rather have Coach Robinson.

At this point I would as well. Muschamp evidently wants out. He'd be gone next year anyway even if he did stay

Need some continuity.

Is there an echo, echo, echo in here?

Rich Rod gaining traction at USCe

South Carolina: Reading the tea leaves on this one; but fact that Will Muschamp hasn’t been announced yet leads one to believe this is Rich Rod’s job. Thinking Rich might be headed back to Arizona to let his squad know in person tomorrow. Will update when more is known; but feels like this will be leaked / announced tomorrow after Rich has had a chance to speak with his team.

I say we fire malzahn tomorrow and hire Muchamp. We will be a year ahead of the curve. Gonna happen anyway might as well get it over with now and at least we'll have a great D next year.

Not that any of it means anything, almost all of the comments favor muss, and the tweet starts "speculation, but....".

http://twitter.com/f...333181047672833

Not that any of it means anything, almost all of the comments favor muss, and the tweet starts "speculation, but....".

Yep. JC Shurburt chimes in with "all signs point to Muschamp." I bet Carolina fans are sick of reading that.

I say we fire malzahn tomorrow and hire Muchamp. We will be a year ahead of the curve. Gonna happen anyway might as well get it over with now and at least we'll have a great D next year.

Because of his spectacular record as a HC in the SEC? Lmao. I think this is the real meltdown thread.

Because of his spectacular record as a HC in the SEC? Lmao. I think this is the real meltdown thread.

Real, but not official.

;)

I know this much. Minutes after Muschamp is announced to USCe, Gus and JJ better announce who our DC is. I mean minutes, not hours or days.

Archived