Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

msm6IK3-_normal.jpeg david pingalore @pingnews6

Sources telling me former Gator head coach will Muschamp now with #auburn has resigned

That tweet is from yesterday morning and has been confirmed fake.

that won't let it stop him.

A4E is on a roll today. He's posted the same thing on 14 threads and suggested 43 new names for coaches with 17 of them being former AU players. He has also said JJ needs to be replaced 103 time in 4 separate threads. We are all just waiting for the Orange facemask bomb to break it all wide open.

Correction 45 new coaches JJ 102 times

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

msm6IK3-_normal.jpeg david pingalore @pingnews6

Sources telling me former Gator head coach will Muschamp now with #auburn has resigned

That tweet is from yesterday morning and has been confirmed fake.

that won't let it stop him.

A4E is on a roll today. He's posted the same thing on 14 threads and suggested 43 new names for coaches with 17 of them being former AU players. He has also said JJ needs to be replaced 103 time in 4 separate threads. We are all just waiting for the Orange facemask bomb to break it all wide open.

Correction 45 new coaches JJ 102 times

Is that guy in jail somewhere.....how does he have so much time to do all of that stuff?

Well, I haven't commented on the situation until now. I talked to my friend who works with the team. He said the coaches were saying Muschamp has agreed to be the USCe head coach and T-Rob is following him there. Name being mentioned the most for our next DC is Jeremy Pruitt. Things change but I believe him. He is close with the coaches.

Well, I haven't commented on the situation until now. I talked to my friend who works with the team. He said the coaches were saying Muschamp has agreed to be the USCe head coach and T-Rob is following him there. Name being mentioned the most for our next DC is Jeremy Pruitt. Things change but I believe him. He is close with the coaches.

Don't want Pruitt. I think he will either screw us, get us screwed or both.

I get that Gus really wanted Muschamp and that demands were made. It is also understandable that Muschamp would want to be able to take a HC job and end his own buyout after 1 year so he could do that.

But, the 1 year buyout termination should only have been allowed to be exercised to accept a head coaching position. The $1.6 million/year was more than enough to offset any demand for an open ended clause allowing a lateral move. If he still wanted that in the face of $1.6 million, we would know that was a real possibility and we shouldn't have agreed to it.

I suppose at the time though common sense was overridden by the thought that we had the offense, we had the QB in JJ and this was the key to getting to the playoffs. So here we are....

Guess I don't really want to bind a coach who doesn't want to be here. A "buyout" would make it inconvenient for CWM to leave for a lateral job....but what's the point of preventing that from happening ....and making something like that a "deal breaker"....that wasn't going to happen.

And as noted....if things had worked as some predicted, AU would be rolling in money right now, arranging travel to some distant bowl game and nobody would care what happened after the season was over. ....we'd kiss ole Boom goodbye and wish him well. JMO

"best-laid plans of mice and men gang aft a-gley" as ole Bobby Burns noted

You lost me here. He has a 3 year contract, his own buyout ends at 1 year allowing him to opt out of the remainder of his contract with no penalty. But instead of applying to a head coaching job only, the opt out was open ended. If it was only for a HC job, it would be too bad if he wanted to take another DC job. It is not in Auburn's interest and he would have to fulfill the last 2 years of his contract. But it's not so....

^^^^

and

^^^

He was very vocal at UGA and basically rubbed the entire AD office wrong. While I would appreciate that it will not go well with the good old Jacobs network.

I would take him but I'm afraid he'd go to UAT or stay at UGA before coming here.

Where was Pruitt before UGA? Was he the DC at FSU the year we played then for the natty?

I don't know of him but what I have seen from most posters on these boards is that he is disruptive. If that is true, I prefer not to have him at AU.

I don't believe you either.

Where was Pruitt before UGA? Was he the DC at FSU the year we played then for the natty?

I don't know of him but what I have seen from most posters on these boards is that he is disruptive. If that is true, I prefer not to have him at AU.

Yes he was the dc at fsu when we played them

Yes, he was at F$U before UGA, and (although I have no inside information), all that I have heard about Pruitt is that he is as disruptive as they come.

Sorry Cadillac. You may be right but everyone on this board is tired of news like this.

You don't have to. Just sharing what I heard from a friend, who by the way, has keys to the coaches' offices.

Yes, he was at F$U before UGA, and (although I have no inside information), all that I have heard about Pruitt is that he is as disruptive as they come.

Not only disruptive but he is looking to take a had coaching position soon so he would be Will 3.0

You don't have to. Just sharing what I heard from a friend, who by the way, has keys to the coaches' offices.

So he is the janitor?

So he is the janitor?

:)

Wonder what monsterdb has to say?

:dunno:

If it's true, bad news for us, IMO.

So he is the janitor?

:)

Lol no but the janitor probably has keys as well.

Isn't Pruitt an Alabama grad?

If so, that's another reason he would screw us.

As for the oft mentioned "Plan B" (Coach Robinson):

http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index presents a rehash of old but relevant info, and reaches no conclusions.

‘It's unclear whether Robinson, a former All-SEC safety for the Tigers, would be a candidate to replace Muschamp, should he leave for South Carolina or anywhere else, at Auburn.

Prior to the season, Robinson said "the plan" was to either replace Muschamp at Auburn when he landed another head coaching job or be his defensive coordinator at a new school.

"Obviously you want to be a coordinator at Auburn," Robinson said in June. "I mean Auburn is always going to have (top priority) with me and I want everybody to know that. I'll hold Auburn special to my heart. Always wanted to come back, didn't know I would ever have the opportunity to do that. ...’ [emphasis mine]

Again, we are listening to or reading what a biased media is saying. al.com, seriously?

They believe EVERYTHING that they read and never consider the source. CRA CRA!

Isn't Pruitt an Alabama grad?

If so, that's another reason he would screw us.

He was a High School coach before, bet the bammers would be quick to point that out too.

Professor, don't be hurt or shocked if no one believes you. They hardly ever and I mean ever do they believe anything I post. As I stated before, I only posted reports that said Muschamp has stepped down from being Auburn's DC from other websites that I've heard before and that I trust. BTW, I believe you.

Archived