Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

I think it's only a matter of time before we hear that Muschamp is either SC'c new football coach or Georgia's new DC. Here's my question to y'all. Does Malzahn name T-Rob as new DC or does he go out try to bring in a top DC/Recruiter?

If Muschamp leaves, I hope CGM promotes TRob to DC.

If there are any contract lawyers amongst us (I, admittedly, couldn't convincingly play one on TV), would there be any problems with promoting Coach Robinson to co-DC now? Leave Coach Muschamp's contract in place 'til broken?

ETA: What's the downside except $?

at least it's an option in the original "Plan"

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/12/will_travaris_robinson_leave_a.html#incart_river_index

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greenville Gazette@GamecockColonel 5m5 minutes ago

CONFIRMED: Sources tell Greenville Gazette that Will Muschamp has agreed to a 5 year / $20.4M offer to become South Carolina's Head Coach

Not true!!! This is a troll account. It is not the Greenville Gazette twitter account..

That's why people should look more in depth before posting things from Twitter. Lol

You're missing the humor. 4 mil a year?

ESPN College gameday was ripping on Muschamp today...and they were right.

Nah one of them said he came and made a bad defense worse. Can't agree with that at all

JC Shurbutt reporting: An update on rich rod, rich rod has supposedly gone underground since the interview and has not had contact with his assistant coaches." Still states that "Muschamp is the #1 candidate as of the present" but that Rich Rod looks to be the guy if things fall through with muschamp. Thread on USCe 247 didn't seem too pleased with this report.

Nah one of them said he came and made a bad defense worse. Can't agree with that at all

I can't say we were worst( even though some stats indicate that) but he didn't do good enough to be back to being in the SEC as a HC.

JC Shurbutt reporting: An update on rich rod, rich rod has supposedly gone underground since the interview and has not had contact with his assistant coaches." Still states that "Muschamp is the #1 candidate as of the present" but that Rich Rod is the guy if things fall through with muschamp. Thread on USCe 247 didn't seem too pleased with this report.

If it is true that SC officials say they wanted a HC that specialized in offense, then it makes zero sense they hire coach boom.

I can't say we were worst( even though some stats indicate that) but he didn't do good enough to have back to being in the SEC as a HC.

I can understand why usce fans are pissed at the thought of the hire. If they go with him, their AD is putting his butt on the line to say the least. A hot head who couldn't get it done with a boat load of talent.

I have been largely quiet on this subject because i don't know what is going on. But did our defense improve so much that it overcame how bad Florida sucked the past three years? How could usce think he would do better there?

It wasn’t the season that Will Muschamp had envisioned when he became the defensive coordinator for the Auburn Tigers, but as it turns out, it may have been just enough to get him another head coaching job.

Reports say that Muschamp has stepped down from the Tigers after just one single season:

any truth to the rumors that I am hearing about Jay Jacobs and Muschamp getting into it AGAIN and Will is now doing anything he can to try and get out of Auburn

When. Is. This. Moron. Going. To. Get. Fired?

I get that Gus really wanted Muschamp and that demands were made. It is also understandable that Muschamp would want to be able to take a HC job and end his own buyout after 1 year so he could do that.

But, the 1 year buyout termination should only have been allowed to be exercised to accept a head coaching position. The $1.6 million/year was more than enough to offset any demand for an open ended clause allowing a lateral move. If he still wanted that in the face of $1.6 million, we would know that was a real possibility and we shouldn't have agreed to it.

I suppose at the time though common sense was overridden by the thought that we had the offense, we had the QB in JJ and this was the key to getting to the playoffs. So here we are....

Guess I don't really want to bind a coach who doesn't want to be here. A "buyout" would make it inconvenient for CWM to leave for a lateral job....but what's the point of preventing that from happening ....and making something like that a "deal breaker"....that wasn't going to happen.

And as noted....if things had worked as some predicted, AU would be rolling in money right now, arranging travel to some distant bowl game and nobody would care what happened after the season was over. ....we'd kiss ole Boom goodbye and wish him well. JMO

"best-laid plans of mice and men gang aft a-gley" as ole Bobby Burns noted

You lost me here. He has a 3 year contract, his own buyout ends at 1 year allowing him to opt out of the remainder of his contract with no penalty. But instead of applying to a head coaching job only, the opt out was open ended. If it was only for a HC job, it would be too bad if he wanted to take another DC job. It is not in Auburn's interest and he would have to fulfill the last 2 years of his contract. But it's not so....

It wasn’t the season that Will Muschamp had envisioned when he became the defensive coordinator for the Auburn Tigers, but as it turns out, it may have been just enough to get him another head coaching job.

Reports say that Muschamp has stepped down from the Tigers after just one single season:

Source???

Link?

any truth to the rumors that I am hearing about Jay Jacobs and Muschamp getting into it AGAIN and Will is now doing anything he can to try and get out of Auburn

When. Is. This. Moron. Going. To. Get. Fired?

I know this has came across the board before with JJ. It would probably be better for someone outside of AU to run the school. I don't know if it's true or not but it seems other parts of AU athletics have said these things.

I think it's only a matter of time before we hear that Muschamp is either SC'c new football coach or Georgia's new DC. Here's my question to y'all. Does Malzahn name T-Rob as new DC or does he go out try to bring in a top DC/Recruiter?

If there are any contract lawyers amongst us (I, admittedly, couldn't convincingly play one on TV), would there be any problems with promoting Coach Robinson to co-DC now? Leave Coach Muschamp's contract in place 'til broken?

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/12/will_travaris_robinson_leave_a.html#incart_river_index

Gus can have co defensive coordinators if he wants.

I agree with y'all. Scott Etheridge would be a great replacement for Jay Jacobs. This move needs to be made by the end of December if not sooner.

msm6IK3-_normal.jpeg david pingalore @pingnews6

Sources telling me former Gator head coach will Muschamp now with #auburn has resigned

That tweet is from yesterday morning and has been confirmed fake.

that won't let it stop him.

A4E is on a roll today. He's posted the same thing on 14 threads and suggested 43 new names for coaches with 17 of them being former AU players. He has also said JJ needs to be replaced 103 time in 4 separate threads. We are all just waiting for the Orange facemask bomb to break it all wide open.

If it doesn't come from the horses mouths then I don't wanna hear it. (Muschamp, Malzhan, Jacobs). Rumors are bad for recruiting and i don't want us to contribute.

Rich Rod seems to have a lot of monentum in the SC job.

If you think WM would go work UNDER KS at Georgia you are insane. Defensive minded coaches on the same team while one of them is in his first year of head coaching. Not. Happening.

http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index

Gus can have co defensive coordinators if he wants.

So, Plan A still in place?

Plan B provisionally locked in?

Melt ends?

Time to chill?

Archived