Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he doesn't get head coaching job, whoever has him as a DC has a major problem (us, uga, or bama). He a good DC but he's now shown his hand. He's a very short timer, a contractor - how can recruits or anyone else take him seriously. As this point I'm not sure he doesn't break more things than he fixes. BTW I also think he'd be a train wreak as USCe's HC.

Unfortunate chain of events. IMO Feels like anyone near him now looses. Potentially badly.

Well interesting news: JC Shurbutt evidently said earlier today that there's a ton of tumors flying around right now. A poster starts a thread to ask him what he's hearing. His reply was premium blocked but one of the unblocked replies to JC was: "Thought we were in the nuts and bolts of Champ's contract. This is baffling."

A major reason that we aren't hearing anything yet is because of the SEC Championship Game. It's doubtful an announcement of any kind will be made from any school before the game is over. This is done out of respect for the teams that are playing in the game so that no one is stealing their thunder.

A major reason that we aren't hearing anything yet is because of the SEC Championship Game. It's doubtful an announcement of any kind will be made from any school before the game is over. This is done out of respect for the teams that are playing in the game so that no one is stealing their thunder.

^ this

My guess is tomorrow.

I get that Gus really wanted Muschamp and that demands were made. It is also understandable that Muschamp would want to be able to take a HC job and end his own buyout after 1 year so he could do that.

But, the 1 year buyout termination should only have been allowed to be exercised to accept a head coaching position. The $1.6 million/year was more than enough to offset any demand for an open ended clause allowing a lateral move. If he still wanted that in the face of $1.6 million, we would know that was a real possibility and we shouldn't have agreed to it.

I suppose at the time though common sense was overridden by the thought that we had the offense, we had the QB in JJ and this was the key to getting to the playoffs. So here we are....

If CWM takes the USCe position and we promote T-Rob, then ok, I can accept that.

But if T-Rob goes somewhere else and/or CWM takes another coordinating position...

I get that Gus really wanted Muschamp and that demands were made. It is also understandable that Muschamp would want to be able to take a HC job and end his own buyout after 1 year so he could do that.

But, the 1 year buyout termination should only have been allowed to be exercised to accept a head coaching position. The $1.6 million/year was more than enough to offset any demand for an open ended clause allowing a lateral move. If he still wanted that in the face of $1.6 million, we would know that was a real possibility and we shouldn't have agreed to it.

I suppose at the time though common sense was overridden by the thought that we had the offense, we had the QB in JJ and this was the key to getting to the playoffs. So here we are....

Guess I don't really want to bind a coach who doesn't want to be here. A "buyout" would make it inconvenient for CWM to leave for a lateral job....but what's the point of preventing that from happening ....and making something like that a "deal breaker"....that wasn't going to happen.

And as noted....if things had worked as some predicted, AU would be rolling in money right now, arranging travel to some distant bowl game and nobody would care what happened after the season was over. ....we'd kiss ole Boom goodbye and wish him well. JMO

"best-laid plans of mice and men gang aft a-gley" as ole Bobby Burns noted

"No matter where you go, there you are"

If CWM takes the USCe position and we promote T-Rob, then ok, I can accept that.

But if T-Rob goes somewhere else and/or CWM takes another coordinating position...

...then we are looking for a new head coach next year?

Can we all just remember how badly Muschamp flamed out at his last HC stop? Why on earth would Gus listen to him on the ins and outs of running a program? If he wants to go, let him go.

Exactly

I think it's only a matter of time before we hear that Muschamp is either SC'c new football coach or Georgia's new DC. Here's my question to y'all. Does Malzahn name T-Rob as new DC or does he go out try to bring in a top DC/Recruiter?

I think it's only a matter of time before we hear that Muschamp is either SC'c new football coach or Georgia's new DC. Here's my question to y'all. Does Malzahn name T-Rob as new DC or does he go out try to bring in a top DC/Recruiter?

If Muschamp leaves, I hope CGM promotes TRob to DC.

@MrCFB: Hearing in press box that we'll hear about the new South Carolina coach on Sunday. Rich Rod or Will Muschamp?

Word is that there is some internal support for rich rod.

Greenville Gazette@GamecockColonel 5m5 minutes ago

CONFIRMED: Sources tell Greenville Gazette that Will Muschamp has agreed to a 5 year / $20.4M offer to become South Carolina's Head Coach

South Carolina guys responded with this: @SpursFeathers: Same guy that faked @ShawnElliottUSC news now trying to do this. Not real news, folks. https://t.co/0Dnubgwhef

CONFIRMED: Sources tell Greenville Gazette that Will Muschamp has agreed to a 5 year / $20.4M offer to become South Carolina's Head Coach

Not true!!! This is a troll account. It is not the Greenville Gazette twitter account..

Not true!!! This is a troll account. It is not the Greenville Gazette twitter account..

That's why people should look more in depth before posting things from Twitter. Lol

ESPN College gameday was ripping on Muschamp today...and they were right.

What were they saying?

What most of us have been saying.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/college-gameday-panel-critical-of-will-muschamp-to-south-carolina-rumors

Archived