Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

I have always been a huge fan of Coach Boom. I was disappointed when he left for Texas, and when Tubs "resigned," I wanted him to be the new AU coach. When he was fired at Florida and after what AU had been through defensively over the past 8 years, I was so hoping that Malzahn would hire Boom, and he did. Now, I'm just ready for him to get the hell out. I don't blame him for wanting to be a head coach again, that's only normal; but, to have made the statement that he's in it (at AU leading the defense) for "the long haul," is now sounding like just hollow BS, especially with all the rumors of him bolting for either Georgia or Bama if he doesn't get the HC at USCe. It would be nice for him to come out and say that he's either going to be a head coach, or back to AU. Just leave, Muschamp. Thanks for the time, but just get the hell out. I for one am tired of this.

Does anyone think it's possible that AU may go ahead and cut ties with Boom tomorrow---whether or not he has a new job--- and hire a new DC (hopefully TRob)?

Possible? Sure, it's possible. I don't think it's likely, at all.

Auburn will not fire Muschamp or they will owe him the balance of his 3-year deal (about $3.5 million), so unless he is accused of NCAA or SEC rule violations (which would void his buyout), they will sit tight until he decides what he's going to do.

That certainly blows my favorite course of action out of the water. Spoilsport!!!!

Don't fire him just promote someone else. There is always a way if you want too. I just see this happening every year until he finally does leave so let's just fix this now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In talking with some people last night I came to the realization that we are speculating on something being reported by MEDIA. Have we seen anything official from USCe or Auburn that Coach Muschamp is even being interviewed? I'm not sure we have. This is the same MEDIA that hung Cam with absolutely no evidence, the same media that has chastised Auburn, Auburn football, Auburn Coaches and Auburn Players for years. Why don't we all take a deep breath and see what happens in the next few days?

While this is true, our staff has done nothing to refute any of it to put out the fire.

If he he goes to be the HC at USCe, I wouldn't blame him one bit. That's a good gig for him. Now if he left laterally for a DC position I would be mad, but more mad at Gus and whatever influences or problems behind the seen.

If he left for a lateral position, that would be a huge red flag. I know he went to UGA, but remember he has ties to Auburn as well. So I don't think its a case of running home to your Alma Mater. Maybe he thinks being the DC would be easier to field a stout defense and look better.

The only reason I see him wanting to leave for a lateral position is if he thinks that his tenure is going to be ended by a failure of Gus, or Gus has him handcuffed and can't fully implement his defense to be successful and sees his stock going down.

Bottom line is he's going to do what his best for himself, not for Auburn, not for UGA or USCe.

In talking with some people last night I came to the realization that we are speculating on something being reported by MEDIA. Have we seen anything official from USCe or Auburn that Coach Muschamp is even being interviewed? I'm not sure we have. This is the same MEDIA that hung Cam with absolutely no evidence, the same media that has chastised Auburn, Auburn football, Auburn Coaches and Auburn Players for years. Why don't we all take a deep breath and see what happens in the next few days?

While this is true, our staff has done nothing to refute any of it to put out the fire.

We will know tomorrow, I think that is the first day he is free to move on? Besides, it doesn't do any good for the school to say anything either way. So silence is the best course of action.

Standard Operating Procedure. The admins never or rarely made any comments about the Cam allegations. Responding lends credence to the reports according to some.

“What I know:…

- Muschamp, as of this morning, is still Auburn’s defensive coordinator…”

Mr. Marshall at http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/PMARSHONAU-3-months-later-much-has-changed-41737534

Standard Operating Procedure. The admins never or rarely made any comments about the Cam allegations. Responding lends credence to the reports according to some.

Good point. I just get sick of our program being made into a circus.

I have always been a huge fan of Coach Boom. I was disappointed when he left for Texas, and when Tubs "resigned," I wanted him to be the new AU coach. When he was fired at Florida and after what AU had been through defensively over the past 8 years, I was so hoping that Malzahn would hire Boom, and he did. Now, I'm just ready for him to get the hell out. I don't blame him for wanting to be a head coach again, that's only normal; but, to have made the statement that he's in it (at AU leading the defense) for "the long haul," is now sounding like just hollow BS, especially with all the rumors of him bolting for either Georgia or Bama if he doesn't get the HC at USCe. It would be nice for him to come out and say that he's either going to be a head coach, or back to AU. Just leave, Muschamp. Thanks for the time, but just get the hell out. I for one am tired of this.

Does anyone think it's possible that AU may go ahead and cut ties with Boom tomorrow---whether or not he has a new job--- and hire a new DC (hopefully TRob)?

Auburn will not fire Muschamp or they will owe him the balance of his 3-year deal (about $3.5 million), so unless he is accused of NCAA or SEC rule violations (which would void his buyout), they will sit tight until he decides what he's going to do.

Typical AU awesomez contract. You leave = no penalty. We fire you = full payout. Ur welcome in advance.

I feel sure that Muschamp Is up for the SC job and is a top candidate . The certainty of him getting it is what is in question. Just as in the Cam case every reporter wants to get out in front an say they reported it first. I don't believe he is unhappy at Auburn and I don't think we re unhappy with him. He is not jerking us around if he is waiting for SC to decide, that's not up to him and who can blame him for wanting to get an SEC HC job. Unfortunately we have to wait on SC to know when this will be over. I don't think he will leave for another DC job.

TT, I'm curious, how is it that AU would owe Muschamp yet he is free to leave (as being reported) without the same obligation ? Do you have insight into the agreement made with him ?

I see this as poor contractual negotiation. Therein lies the problem with the administration and the repeated turmoil with this coach. Essentially we've put a knife to our throats with him.

Jacobs certainly responded to the Selena Roberts accusations and many were glad that he did..

TT, I'm curious, how is it that AU would owe Muschamp yet he is free to leave (as being reported) without the same obligation ? Do you have insight into the agreement made with him ?

I see this as poor contractual negotiation. Therein lies the problem with the administration and the repeated turmoil with this coach. Essentially we've put a knife to our throats with him.

Perhaps you missed the CWM hiring circus but everyone at AU was begging him to come back and save our defense....thus why would he or his agent negotiate a deal that favored AU any more than necessary? AU had zero leverage here....basically had to take whatever CWM's agent was kind enough to let us have. JJ's job was to make sure AU hired him..... and likely, all Gus (and the fans) wanted was a defense that would allow our unstoppable offense to take the team to the play-offs...this year. JMO.

CWM did his job.....well after the LSU game that is....and AU got what it wanted which was a respectable defense right away. I doubt anyone at the top seriously thought he would be back for year #2. Now....if they did, shame on them ....JMO

Not TT, but I think you are mistaken in positing that Coach Muschamp is free to leave...without ...obligation. If he leaves/violates the contract before completion, he (or his new employer) would be obligated to pay the buyout portion. Just so happens that the buyout is $0 now.

Why does Muschamp wanting to leave for a lateral move make Gus or the school look bad? It could be that Muschamp wants the program ran his way. However he is not the head coach or AD....and besides what has he proven that he could be a better coach than Gus? Some say Muschamp sites recruiting concerns, however AU has had a top ten class the past few years. This is not Muschamps program to run, it's his defense but not his program. He had a chance at UF, a top notch SEC school with unlimited resources, where he was in charge and he failed. He is not in the position to make demands towards a coach who has won and SEC title and was a whisker short of a BCS title. JMHO

Correct. If you pay attention, the story changes every couple hours. To respond enough to make fans happy would require a 4-6 times a day update. The facts are probably that

Muschamp is interested in the USC job so there will be no squashing of that rumor

All these rumors only prove to USC that boom is a hot commodity

If we aren't gonna respond when people accuse Cam of taking money, we damn sure aren't because some reporter claims WM had a conversation with someone.

People that over react to all this garbage every few hours are proof positive of why reports like these are now common place whether accurate or not. This is proof that these "reporters" are successful at getting clicks and there is no need to tell the truth or report with class because the average person eats this garbage up like a five star dinner.

As for the oft mentioned "Plan B" (Coach Robinson):

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/12/will_travaris_robinson_leave_a.html#incart_river_index presents a rehash of old but relevant info, and reaches no conclusions.

‘It's unclear whether Robinson, a former All-SEC safety for the Tigers, would be a candidate to replace Muschamp, should he leave for South Carolina or anywhere else, at Auburn.

Prior to the season, Robinson said "the plan" was to either replace Muschamp at Auburn when he landed another head coaching job or be his defensive coordinator at a new school.

"Obviously you want to be a coordinator at Auburn," Robinson said in June. "I mean Auburn is always going to have (top priority) with me and I want everybody to know that. I'll hold Auburn special to my heart. Always wanted to come back, didn't know I would ever have the opportunity to do that. ...’ [emphasis mine]

I think the hold up is that gus and jay are trying everything to keep muschamp.

Hence the silence.

Could be ... :dunno:

Why would we do that? We are screwed recruiting wise if he stays now.

Why would we do that? We are screwed recruiting wise if he stays now.

Will mostly be a hard sell to any recruit.

As for the oft mentioned "Plan B" (Coach Robinson):

http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index presents a rehash of old but relevant info, and reaches no conclusions.

‘It's unclear whether Robinson, a former All-SEC safety for the Tigers, would be a candidate to replace Muschamp, should he leave for South Carolina or anywhere else, at Auburn.

Prior to the season, Robinson said "the plan" was to either replace Muschamp at Auburn when he landed another head coaching job or be his defensive coordinator at a new school.

"Obviously you want to be a coordinator at Auburn," Robinson said in June. "I mean Auburn is always going to have (top priority) with me and I want everybody to know that. I'll hold Auburn special to my heart. Always wanted to come back, didn't know I would ever have the opportunity to do that. ...’ [emphasis mine]

Again, we are listening to or reading what a biased media is saying. al.com, seriously?

Archived