Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

I have always been a huge fan of Coach Boom. I was disappointed when he left for Texas, and when Tubs "resigned," I wanted him to be the new AU coach. When he was fired at Florida and after what AU had been through defensively over the past 8 years, I was so hoping that Malzahn would hire Boom, and he did. Now, I'm just ready for him to get the hell out. I don't blame him for wanting to be a head coach again, that's only normal; but, to have made the statement that he's in it (at AU leading the defense) for "the long haul," is now sounding like just hollow BS, especially with all the rumors of him bolting for either Georgia or Bama if he doesn't get the HC at USCe. It would be nice for him to come out and say that he's either going to be a head coach, or back to AU. Just leave, Muschamp. Thanks for the time, but just get the hell out. I for one am tired of this.

Does anyone think it's possible that AU may go ahead and cut ties with Boom tomorrow---whether or not he has a new job--- and hire a new DC (hopefully TRob)?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always been a huge fan of Coach Boom. I was disappointed when he left for Texas, and when Tubs "resigned," I wanted him to be the new AU coach. When he was fired at Florida and after what AU had been through defensively over the past 8 years, I was so hoping that Malzahn would hire Boom, and he did. Now, I'm just ready for him to get the hell out. I don't blame him for wanting to be a head coach again, that's only normal; but, to have made the statement that he's in it (at AU leading the defense) for "the long haul," is now sounding like just hollow BS, especially with all the rumors of him bolting for either Georgia or Bama if he doesn't get the HC at USCe. It would be nice for him to come out and say that he's either going to be a head coach, or back to AU. Just leave, Muschamp. Thanks for the time, but just get the hell out. I for one am tired of this.

Does anyone think it's possible that AU may go ahead and cut ties with Boom tomorrow---whether or not he has a new job--- and hire a new DC (hopefully TRob)?

Possible? Sure, it's possible. I don't think it's likely, at all.

USC job would be perfect for Muschamp, mediocrity, solid D stay in games to give the base hope, occasionally get a upset or two. Less pressure, understanding of his energy as giving a sh&&

Yes, all of this sounds right, except it is the exact opposite. Just two years ago, this team was picked to win the SEC before a full meltdown. With spurrier, their fans have tasted success. You are sadly mistaken if you think they are going to go for mediocre results.

Define mediocre-- Spurrier never won a title and they loved him. Closest they've ever been to relevant. They don't require much. Someone with Richt's record would have had a statue by now .

You are not very mediocre if you are competing for the SEC east division title, year in and year out. Mediocre is AU 2015. Average. I didn't think that I would have to explain that. And yes, I imagine they would've built a statue for someone like Mark Richt who teams usually won the SEC east every other year. I mean we should know, he kicked our butts majority of the time with the exception of our teams that were National title contenders. Spurrier was doing that with much less talent. That is not very average. if you think WMC is going to survive going 6-6, 7-5, then you are in for a rude awakening. As I stated before, Spurrier showed them where they could be, so they aren't going to have the Vandy woe is me mindset. Pre-Steve Spurrier, it was okay to just be bowl eligible. Steve Spurrier had USCe winning 11 games three years in a row, before that weird meltdown. Post Steve Spurrier, I doubt they will be okay fighting to be bowl eligible. If that was the case, they wouldn't have been wanting to fire the guy who got them to that point.

Pre-Steve Spurrier, the fan base was OK with ho-hum press conferences.

Will any of the mentioned candidates live up to their new standard?

I almost feel like if the rumors are true about Muschamp wanting out of auburn, that it'll be Saban or smart that lands him

Imo, USCe would pick rich rod or the Oklahoma guy over WM. Who knows though

I find it hard to believe he would be their pick as well, assuming the others would take the job if offered.

UGA wouldn't surprise me. Hoping it's not UAT. That would be weapons grade embarrassment.

Don't post often but must ask. Why in the world would we promote TRob to DC? Do you really think we are in a position to hire a completely unproven commodity as DC? I get the love for the former layer but wow. Most folks prove themselves at a smaller school running the show at a major conference program. Just finding it hard to see the logic. For what it's worth, grew up in Columbia as a Gamecock fan before attending Auburn. Think hiring Muschamp is a huge mistake for them. Want him to stay but fine if he goes, expecially if it reveals issues within the AD. He was only here for 2 years max anyway. Other fish in the sea.

a lot of people believe Gus will be coaching for his job next season

That means he doesn't have time to get a dc in and let him implement a new scheme and go through another year of "we don't have the right personnel yet, growing pains, etc"

Promoting t rob allows us to keep our current scheme/style/chemistry/recruits, for the most part.

There is also the probability that a proven DC would see that Malzahn is coaching for his job next season. We will be going in to the season, more than likely, with an unproven QB, AGAIN! Why would a top tier proven DC want to uproot his family with the possibility of it only lasting one year if Malzahn can not turn his offense around?

I don't know of any reason why we couldn't. It would take a fair amount of guts and both Jacobs and Gus would have to be in agreement. Were I in control of things that's exactly what I'd do. I do agree with Britt, it's not likely.

Some years ago when the Michigan basketball coach took the Arizona job right before the NCAA tournament he said he'd continue to coach Michigan as long as they were in it. The Michigan AD, Bo Schembecker (SP?) came back with "No you won't. An Arizona man will not coach this team. You are now an Arizona man. I'll find a Michigan man to coach tis team." Not exactly the same thing, but close enough. If Hot Head isn't interested in being an Auburn man, move him right on out and the sooner the better.

Don't post often but must ask. Why in the world would we promote TRob to DC? Do you really think we are in a position to hire a completely unproven commodity as DC? I get the love for the former layer but wow. Most folks prove themselves at a smaller school running the show at a major conference program. Just finding it hard to see the logic. For what it's worth, grew up in Columbia as a Gamecock fan before attending Auburn. Think hiring Muschamp is a huge mistake for them. Want him to stay but fine if he goes, expecially if it reveals issues within the AD. He was only here for 2 years max anyway. Other fish in the sea.

a lot of people believe Gus will be coaching for his job next season

That means he doesn't have time to get a dc in and let him implement a new scheme and go through another year of "we don't have the right personnel yet, growing pains, etc"

Promoting t rob allows us to keep our current scheme/style/chemistry/recruits, for the most part.

There is also the probability that a proven DC would see that Malzahn is coaching for his job next season. We will be going in to the season, more than likely, with an unproven QB, AGAIN! Why would a top tier proven DC want to uproot his family with the possibility of it only lasting one year if Malzahn can not turn his offense around?

Totally agree. The only reason would be $.

This is part of why I want TRob. We'd be sticking our necks out for each other. Plus, the fact of the matter is, he'd be hired by someone after next season, even if the whole staff is fired here. So, he can afford to take the chance.

Also, although I'm a big Lolley fan, I'd rather TRob be given the DC job solo (no co-DC).

I don't either. I think it's up to him but I do know we have a plan in place to try and execute "if" he takes another job. Remember, the only source of credibility in these deals is the AD of the school in which a coach is currently working. The other stuff is speculation.

If I was his wife, I would be in his ear to be patient. If he waited one more year, his stock could rise even more. If Malzahn does not turn the program around next season, he could be gone and boom could get the job. If Malzahn does turn this around, we're on a potential championship run and everyone will want boom. He just uprooted his family a year ago. If I was the wife, I wouldn't want to uproot them again. Especially for a lateral move to just do it again in a year or two

I don't know of any reason why we couldn't. It would take a fair amount of guts and both Jacobs and Gus would have to be in agreement. Were I in control of things that's exactly what I'd do. I do agree with Britt, it's not likely.

Some years ago when the Michigan basketball coach took the Arizona job right before the NCAA tournament he said he'd continue to coach Michigan as long as they were in it. The Michigan AD, Bo Schembecker (SP?) came back with "No you won't. An Arizona man will not coach this team. You are now an Arizona man. I'll find a Michigan man to coach tis team." Not exactly the same thing, but close enough. If Hot Head isn't interested in being an Auburn man, move him right on out and the sooner the better.

Good comparison, I remember that well!

If I was his wife, I would be in his ear to be patient. If he waited one more year, his stock could rise even more. If Malzahn does not turn the program around next season, he could be gone and boom could get the job. If Malzahn does turn this around, we're on a potential championship run and everyone will want boom. He just uprooted his family a year ago. If I was the wife, I wouldn't want to uproot them again. Especially for a lateral move to just do it again in a year or two

I understand this point of view, and it's actually wise, IMO. But I think it might just be too late, at this point.

Thing is, Muschamp isn't patient. He left here before with no notice over a very, very minor dispute with JJ. What you say is rational but Coach Hot Head does not always act like a rational person.

I understand this point of view, and it's actually wise, IMO. But I think it might just be too late, at this point.

He's too impatient for that, but it is a good idea. :)

Not here to meltdown, just here to say good morning. War Eagle guys.

War Eagle, brother! War Damn Eagle!

In talking with some people last night I came to the realization that we are speculating on something being reported by MEDIA. Have we seen anything official from USCe or Auburn that Coach Muschamp is even being interviewed? I'm not sure we have. This is the same MEDIA that hung Cam with absolutely no evidence, the same media that has chastised Auburn, Auburn football, Auburn Coaches and Auburn Players for years. Why don't we all take a deep breath and see what happens in the next few days?

I keep waking up hoping this will be over! However as long as he is our DC this will continue. Are we hoping he will stay long enough to bless TRob? Same thing will happen next year so go ahead and make the change.

In talking with some people last night I came to the realization that we are speculating on something being reported by MEDIA. Have we seen anything official from USCe or Auburn? I'm not sure we have. This is the same MEDIA that hung Cam with absolutely no evidence, the same media that has chastised Auburn, Auburn football, Auburn Coaches and Auburn Players for years. Why don't we all take a deep breath and see what happens in the next few days?

While this is true they speculated about Richt & Pruitt and it turned out to be true. I am a believer of Smoke, Fire

In talking with some people last night I came to the realization that we are speculating on something being reported by MEDIA. Have we seen anything official from USCe or Auburn? I'm not sure we have. This is the same MEDIA that hung Cam with absolutely no evidence, the same media that has chastised Auburn, Auburn football, Auburn Coaches and Auburn Players for years. Why don't we all take a deep breath and see what happens in the next few days?

That's what I was saying to my husband and sister last night. I didn't necessarily use Cam as an example but I said the media is just reporting rumors. Reports are throwing it out there hoping something sticks and they can then be the first to break the news. Plus, it gets them clicks...

Auburn will not fire Muschamp or they will owe him the balance of his 3-year deal (about $3.5 million), so unless he is accused of NCAA or SEC rule violations (which would void his buyout), they will sit tight until he decides what he's going to do.

Auburn will not fire Muschamp or they will owe him the balance of his 3-year deal (about $3.5 million), so unless he is accused of NCAA or SEC rule violations (which would void his buyout), they will sit tight until he decides what he's going to do.

That certainly blows my favorite course of action out of the water. Spoilsport!!!!

Archived