Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how we can complain if Muschamp leaves to be the HC at USCe.

wde

I know right...

Oh we can complain, but only because we want him to stay, not because he wronged us for taking an unexpectedly good job.

I agree with this as well...damn u Muschamp

USC job would be perfect for Muschamp, mediocrity, solid D stay in games to give the base hope, occasionally get a upset or two. Less pressure, understanding of his energy as giving a sh&&

I very, very rarely contribute to stuff like this on the forum. I generally just wait to see how it all shakes out. However, I reached out to a source in the know with the following text conversation:

Me: Is Muschamp gone?

Source: Yeah man. He's out

Me: That's too bad. Any names that you're hearing for a replacement?

Source: No not at all now. Could promote someone

Me: That's not good man. Sheesh.

Source: Yeah. I think it's a sign that he sees things not going well and wants out. I have a bad feeling about the future.

Me: I mean, he has a million reasons to stay. I agree with you.

Source: Yes he does. Outside chance he might stay, but so thin that it's anorexic at this point.

For whatever it's worth.

Hey it's worth a lot.

He is gone. Why stay another year and be worth nothing. No dc could do worth a flip with the offense we dress out.

CWM is smart to leave now. Hate to see it another nail in our coffin.

Several juniors will jump now.

I very, very rarely contribute to stuff like this on the forum. I generally just wait to see how it all shakes out. However, I reached out to a source in the know with the following text conversation:

Source: Yeah. I think it's a sign that he sees things not going well and wants out. I have a bad feeling about the future.

Source: Yes he does. Outside chance he might stay, but so thin that it's anorexic at this point.

For whatever it's worth.

nothing new that hasn't been discussed for two days now

For whatever it's worth.

nothing new that hasn't been discussed for two days now

My thought process before posting: "I wonder how long it will take for someone to be a jackass and make some smartass comment about how this is old news?"

My over/under was at 3 comments. I would have lost. It's why I don't gamble.

Hey it's worth a lot.

He is gone. Why stay another year and be worth nothing. No dc could do worth a flip with the offense we dress out.

CWM is smart to leave now. Hate to see it another nail in our coffin.

Several juniors will jump now.

You belong in a permanent meltdown thread. I bet you're the life of the Christmas parties lmao.

The silence from the athletics department speaks volumes to me. Hope he stays but I would be happy to promote from within with TRob. We need consistency. WDE

If CWM leaves or stays that's fine with me. Coaches come and go. Auburn will still be Auburn! Things always have a way or working out.

USC job would be perfect for Muschamp, mediocrity, solid D stay in games to give the base hope, occasionally get a upset or two. Less pressure, understanding of his energy as giving a sh&&

Yes, all of this sounds right, except it is the exact opposite. Just two years ago, this team was picked to win the SEC before a full meltdown. With spurrier, their fans have tasted success. You are sadly mistaken if you think they are going to go for mediocre results.

One thing that baffles me in this thread is those acting like they wouldn't be too upset if he left. After so many years of terrible defense we finally look like we are turning the corner.

Still believe he stays. He isn't ignorant enough to think the situation isn't salvageable. Likely will have our entire O-line back, all of the backs (rbs h-backs TEs), some decent receivers in Stevens, Davis, Smith, etc. Defensively Tre Williams played well. Almost all of our important d-line will be back. Secondary even shows some promise.

I think 1,000 rumors and fwiws and so on have made this seem more realistic than what i believe it to be.

When a coach like muschamp is brought in with that much money it is because there is a problem. He took a bad defense and held Bama touchdown-less for the majority of the game.

Yes, all of this sounds right, except it is the exact opposite. Just two years ago, this team was picked to win the SEC before a full meltdown. With spurrier, their fans have tasted success. You are sadly mistaken if you think they are going to go for mediocre results.

Define mediocre-- Spurrier never won a title and they loved him. Closest they've ever been to relevant. They don't require much. Someone with Richt's record would have had a statue by now .

My inside sources are saying both Saban and Gus want more hands on jobs so they will both be taking a pay cut. Saban will be our defensive coordinator next season

Gus will take over the offense

And Belichick will be head coach

Not so bad after all

One thing that baffles me in this thread is those acting like they wouldn't be too upset if he left. After so many years of terrible defense we finally look like we are turning the corner.

Still believe he stays. He isn't ignorant enough to think the situation isn't salvageable. Likely will have our entire O-line back, all of the backs (rbs h-backs TEs), some decent receivers in Stevens, Davis, Smith, etc. Defensively Tre Williams played well. Almost all of our important d-line will be back. Secondary even shows some promise.

I think 1,000 rumors and fwiws and so on have made this seem more realistic than what i believe it to be.

When a coach like muschamp is brought in with that much money it is because there is a problem. He took a bad defense and held Bama touchdown-less for the majority of the game.

When you look back on it why would you ever rent a coach. That is exactly what we did and now we are upset with the situation. We knew he wanted to be a HC again.

I think the general hope is that T-Rob can maintain the defense (which I don't believe), but I don't see why T-Rob would pick us over Muschamp or even Durkin. These are two people the man's been coaching with for a good bit of his career. He'd have to really love Auburn and/or have faith in his own ability to continue this turn around.

Define mediocre-- Spurrier never won a title and they loved him. Closest they've ever been to relevant. They don't require much. Someone with Richt's record would have had a statue by now .

You are not very mediocre if you are competing for the SEC east division title, year in and year out. Mediocre is AU 2015. Average. I didn't think that I would have to explain that. And yes, I imagine they would've built a statue for someone like Mark Richt who teams usually won the SEC east every other year. I mean we should know, he kicked our butts majority of the time with the exception of our teams that were National title contenders. Spurrier was doing that with much less talent. That is not very average. if you think WMC is going to survive going 6-6, 7-5, then you are in for a rude awakening. As I stated before, Spurrier showed them where they could be, so they aren't going to have the Vandy woe is me mindset. Pre-Steve Spurrier, it was okay to just be bowl eligible. Steve Spurrier had USCe winning 11 games three years in a row, before that weird meltdown. Post Steve Spurrier, I doubt they will be okay fighting to be bowl eligible. If that was the case, they wouldn't have been wanting to fire the guy who got them to that point.

You are not very mediocre if you are competing for the SEC east division title, year in and year out. Mediocre is AU 2015. Average. I didn't think that I would have to explain that. And yes, I imagine they would've built a statue for someone like Mark Richt who teams usually won the SEC east every other year. I mean we should know, he kicked our butts majority of the time with the exception of our teams that were National title contenders. Spurrier was doing that with much less talent. That is not very average. if you think WMC is going to survive going 6-6, 7-5, then you are in for a rude awakening. As I stated before, Spurrier showed them where they could be, so they aren't going to have the Vandy woe is me mindset. Pre-Steve Spurrier, it was okay to just be bowl eligible. Steve Spurrier had USCe winning 11 games three years in a row, before that weird meltdown. Post Steve Spurrier, I doubt they will be okay fighting to be bowl eligible. If that was the case, they wouldn't have been wanting to fire the guy who got them to that point.

Mediocre is relative to the fan base-- my point is you can survive at USC with records that get you canned at UF, UGA, Bama, UTk, LSU and Auburn. Didn't think I'd have to explain that .

Mediocre is relative to the fan base-- my point is you can survive at USC with records that get you canned at UF, UGA, Bama, UTk, LSU and Auburn. Didn't think I'd have to explain that .

Context means nothing to you. If WM goes 6-6, 6-6, 7-5, 6-6. He will be fired at USCe. That is mediocre. Nothing relative about it. Yes, maybe before they tasted success that would've been okay (WHICH I said in my previous point), but since spurrier showed that USCe can be successful in the east that won't be accepted. Hence, Why the fanbase doesn't really want him! They want to win NOW. CONTEXT. Yes, Spurrier didn't win a title but he was constantly competing for titles. BIG DIFFERENCE. Once they weren't competitive anymore, he was gone. I don't know what you guys definition of mediocre is, but when you are constantly in the hunt for a division title, that is not mediocre. But then again, relatively speaking half of you guys think it is okay for AU to go 6-6.

I live in Western NC, and we get all of the Greenville SC stations. Not a word from any sport reports about Muschamp. I did hear that Rich Rodriguez is being considered for the HC job. Nothing at all about Muschamp. Maybe this is some stupid reporting by Scarbinsky. With the way bammer went nuts when we won the NC in 2010, anything is possible with what they will do to cause problems for Auburn.

If this pans out this way, Scarbinsky should be reprimanded if this is possible. Bammer will do anything, I mean anything to cause problems for us.

If it does go the way with Muschamp going to USC, then we need to promote T-Rob asap. If we offer this to him, I think he would be happy to have this job.

BTW, that thread I created about a whole coaching staff change was tongue in cheek. I need to be careful in the future as to not sound so convincing. I do have a bit of fun here and there, and this was what I intended for the thread.

Archived