Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Wish we could come up with one to celebrate!

Just picture every athletic department in America telling Jacobs "I made your azz quit!"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poison of choice?

I vote for threadjacking with a more pleasant topic.

Tonight I'll be drinking beer. Going to Wrecking Bar here in Atlanta. One of the best brew pubs anywhere for my money. The beer is fantastic and they always have something new on tap, but the food is world class.

When it comes to spirits, I waver back and forth between bourbon and scotch (just a couple drops of water, please... save the ice for the cocktails). Currently I have some Weller (the regular kind, not the Antique or 12 year- I wish!) and some Elmer T. Lee in the cabinet. Big fan of the Evan Williams Single Barrel for the money. And I like most scotches, but I lean towards Islay malts. Black Bottle is actually a killer Islay blend for only $20ish a bottle. I like Laphroaig when I want to step it up a notch. Lagavulin, too. But yeah, I'm thrifty with spirits. I tend to save my overspending for beer. Shocks understands.

I'll sip nice tequilas on occasion. I like Beefeater gin in my martinis. Bombay Sapphire on the rocks. Not much of a vodka guy. Love a little Bailey's in my coffee.

Who is *hiccup* this Muss Willchamp guy? I can't believe Monty *hiccup* Kiffin is Auburn's new defensive president. DRINK!

*head lands on table*

Water? Water?

You know what WC Fields said about water.

Don't get them wet after midnight?

Sorry

Keep forgetting I'm not a youngster on this site

Gotta go to PM

Wait a minute, who's Will Muschamp again?!

In all seriousness, if he gets the HC at USCe, I can't blame him. I don't know that it would be the best place for him/fit, but I wouldn't blame him. I, of course, want him to stay at AU and build the D, but I would understand. Now, if he makes some lateral move, I will take that quite personally!

You know, all this information about Muschamp talking to different people about USCe and assembling a staff doesn't necessarily mean he's getting the job. He's just probably trying to be smart and make sure that IF he does get the job, he will be able to have a good staff. He may not be their choice, and WE as fans, don't need to be SO nasty that he will say, "forget Auburn, I'll just take a DC with my best old buddy KS". I say this after I just reacted emotionally and agreed with Mikey about packing him up and sending him on his way. I HOPE he chooses to stay. I HOPE he loves Auburn. But, in all honesty, he probably wants to prove himself as a head coach and he will take the job if it's offered to him. Heavy sigh. It doesn't mean I like it.

Just promote T-Rob to DC before we lose him and Will... Muschamp can coach outside linebackers should he decide to stay BD

Exactly. After all this, as long as he's here the media will be stirring up crap to make AU look like an unsettled situation. Promote T-Rob, tell Coach Hot Head if he wants to stay he can take a big pay cut and work for T-Rob as his LB coach. Otherwise, send security with CHH to clean out his desk.

He worked hard while he was here but this baggage he's allowed to accumulate over the past few days will not go away any time soon. As long as he's here we'll be subjected to his "short timer" status. Better to send him on his merry way right now.

Mikey, remind me to never work for you. Although, you are probably right. We don't want to have to go through this same stinking mess every year.....

Well, he did bring this on himself. From now on as long as he's here we'll have to put up with this. Gus nipped it in the bud when they started this crap about him after the 2013 season. Coach Hot Head could have done the same but he didn't. As far as Auburn is concerned he's now damaged goods.

Well, at least we don't have to worry about UVA stealing him from us if USCe doesn't work out...https://twitter.com/cavs_corner/status/672903810340229120

Bronco Mendenhall from BYU...,

That is a fantastic hire.

I second that motion... and he's a former Lobo to boot!

I am starting to see RichRod talk on the USCe football forum, some (allegedly in the know), think it is a legitimate possibility.

This was the headline story in sports yesterday evening in Arizona. Not sure if Rodriguez gets the job, but he's interviewing.

Even if he stays isn't it weird to keep him knowing he wants to leave so badly?

No. Because we all know he will go one day for another HC job. As long as the rumors about issues within are false, then keeping him for another year would be great for us, T-Rob and recruiting.

Even if he stays isn't it weird to keep him knowing he wants to leave so badly?

No. Because we all know he will go one day for another HC job. As long as the rumors about issues within are false, then keeping him for another year would be great for us, T-Rob and recruiting.

If we keep Champ as DC, TRob will go to Maryland as DC.

Poison of choice?

I vote for threadjacking with a more pleasant topic.

Tonight I'll be drinking beer. Going to Wrecking Bar here in Atlanta. One of the best brew pubs anywhere for my money. The beer is fantastic and they always have something new on tap, but the food is world class.

When it comes to spirits, I waver back and forth between bourbon and scotch (just a couple drops of water, please... save the ice for the cocktails). Currently I have some Weller (the regular kind, not the Antique or 12 year- I wish!) and some Elmer T. Lee in the cabinet. Big fan of the Evan Williams Single Barrel for the money. And I like most scotches, but I lean towards Islay malts. Black Bottle is actually a killer Islay blend for only $20ish a bottle. I like Laphroaig when I want to step it up a notch. Lagavulin, too. But yeah, I'm thrifty with spirits. I tend to save my overspending for beer. Shocks understands.

I'll sip nice tequilas on occasion. I like Beefeater gin in my martinis. Bombay Sapphire on the rocks. Not much of a vodka guy. Love a little Bailey's in my coffee.

Who is *hiccup* this Muss Willchamp guy? I can't believe Monty *hiccup* Kiffin is Auburn's new defensive president. DRINK!

*head lands on table*

Water? Water?

You know what WC Fields said about water.

Don't get them wet after midnight?

Sorry

Keep forgetting I'm not a youngster on this site

Gotta go to PM

Or not

PM is censored too

so I have been in Atlanta traffic for the last hour. boom did not resign?

Well, yes and no

so I have been in Atlanta traffic for the last hour. boom did not resign?

Well, yes and no

No, he did not. And he won't. Did you hear of other coaches who are changing jobs "resigning" to take another job? It doesn't happen that way.

Yes. Punt him like it was fourth and 40 as soon as we know we have a good replacement. If he's desperate enough to take the usce job, wow.

Taking an SEC head-coaching job is desperate? now that might be the funniest thing I've seen all year. WHAT HAPPENED TO COMMON SENSE????

Just promote T-Rob to DC before we lose him and Will... Muschamp can coach outside linebackers should he decide to stay BD

Exactly. After all this, as long as he's here the media will be stirring up crap to make AU look like an unsettled situation. Promote T-Rob, tell Coach Hot Head if he wants to stay he can take a big pay cut and work for T-Rob as his LB coach. Otherwise, send security with CHH to clean out his desk.

He worked hard while he was here but this baggage he's allowed to accumulate over the past few days will not go away any time soon. As long as he's here we'll be subjected to his "short timer" status. Better to send him on his merry way right now.

Mikey, remind me to never work for you. Although, you are probably right. We don't want to have to go through this same stinking mess every year.....

Well, he did bring this on himself. From now on as long as he's here we'll have to put up with this. Gus nipped it in the bud when they started this crap about him after the 2013 season. Coach Hot Head could have done the same but he didn't. As far as Auburn is concerned he's now damaged goods.

Or maybe he did. Maybe he has told several people what's going on, but that would dump a big bucket of water on the media's circus, so they aren't going to talk about it. I honestly don't blame any coach for the crap the media pulls this time of year.

Yes. Punt him like it was fourth and 40 as soon as we know we have a good replacement. If he's desperate enough to take the usce job, wow.

Taking an SEC head-coaching job is desperate? now that might be the funniest thing I've seen all year. WHAT HAPPENED TO COMMON SENSE????

JMO. The dude struggled at uf with cream of the crop talent. Spurrier is the only coach who managed to do decent at usce. Spurrier did well at Duke. He cleaned house at uf. mussdawg is just wanting out imo if he takes usce, badly. Desperation may be a hair over the top, but not much.

He is banking it here and proving himself further, and could set himself up for a better gig. He might want to consider life outside the sec. He gets his ass handed to him on a platter at usc.

I will chuckle loudly if usce pases on him.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

South Carolina: South Florida head coach Willie Taggart will interview for the South Carolina head coaching job, CoachingSearch has confirmed. Sports Illustrated's Pete Thamel adds that Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez and Greg Schiano will also interview.

About one year?

Even adding today's responses to its resurrection, the thread discussing his second coming in '14 garnered, what, ~300-400 replies? ()?

What # are we generating here concerning his hypothetical second leaving?

Archived