Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Can someone please enlighten me as to why (if true) why Muschamp is not happy at AU? He called the shots when he was hired or am I wrong on that? Is JJ really that bad as AD?

I'd like to know, as well. There's chatter out there about Boom not being happy about 'organizational issues' and Gus prioritizing the offense. But that's all too vague for me. Would love for someone to fill it in.

If Muschamp is not happy with the meddling of Jay or Gus (if that is even happening, I am hearing he has complete control of the defense) he will definitely not like working for Saban or Smart as a DC. The only justification for him leaving would be for a good HC job. I wish him luck if that is the case.

I agree -- if he gets the USCe job, I don't begrudge him that at all.

The stuff I'm reading about regarding 'organizational issues' is so vague as to lack any positive content. However, some have said it's NOT about coaching staff changes or meddling with D coaching. So, I have no clue what it IS about. Just guessing: how many players CWM is allowed to recruit, how many visits he's allowed to make, which territories which coaches cover?

For Muschamp's sake, I kind of hope he DOES get the HC job at USCe. If he doesn't, and makes a lateral move he will be the most hated man in Auburn after Updyke.

Could be but CWM is more a less a vagabond....has worked 5 jobs in ten years...moved laterally away from AU when he went to Texas....have people forgotten that? and then moved down to come back here? Who knows what goes on in his mind ? It just bothers me that he is being given the "free pass " in this situation ....as if he's somehow justified in looking around...and people at AU are the cause. I don't understand this mentality..... :dunno:/>

In fairness, Texas did make him HCIW and Texas is one of the historic programs in the nation. I honestly can't fault him for that.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....i guess at least they can tell him first hand whats going on instead of him taking his official thinking CWM will be his DC and then they break the news to him after the fact

Poison of choice?

I vote for threadjacking with a more pleasant topic.

Tonight I'll be drinking beer. Going to Wrecking Bar here in Atlanta. One of the best brew pubs anywhere for my money. The beer is fantastic and they always have something new on tap, but the food is world class.

When it comes to spirits, I waver back and forth between bourbon and scotch (just a couple drops of water, please... save the ice for the cocktails). Currently I have some Weller (the regular kind, not the Antique or 12 year- I wish!) and some Elmer T. Lee in the cabinet. Big fan of the Evan Williams Single Barrel for the money. And I like most scotches, but I lean towards Islay malts. Black Bottle is actually a killer Islay blend for only $20ish a bottle. I like Laphroaig when I want to step it up a notch. Lagavulin, too. But yeah, I'm thrifty with spirits. I tend to save my overspending for beer. Shocks understands.

I'll sip nice tequilas on occasion. I like Beefeater gin in my martinis. Bombay Sapphire on the rocks. Not much of a vodka guy. Love a little Bailey's in my coffee.

Who is *hiccup* this Muss Willchamp guy? I can't believe Monty *hiccup* Kiffin is Auburn's new defensive president. DRINK!

*head lands on table*

Water? Water?

You know what WC Fields said about water.

Poison of choice?

Tonight I'll be drinking beer. Going to Wrecking Bar here in Atlanta. One of the best brew pubs anywhere for my money. The beer is fantastic and they always have something new on tap, but the food is world class.

When it comes to spirits, I waver back and forth between bourbon and scotch (just a couple drops of water, please... save the ice for the cocktails). Currently I have some Weller (the regular kind, not the Antique or 12 year- I wish!) and some Elmer T. Lee in the cabinet. Big fan of the Evan Williams Single Barrel for the money. And I like most scotches, but I lean towards Islay malts. Black Bottle is actually a killer Islay blend for only $20ish a bottle. I like Laphroaig when I want to step it up a notch. Lagavulin, too. But yeah, I'm thrifty with spirits. I tend to save my overspending for beer. Shocks understands.

I'll sip nice tequilas on occasion. I like Beefeater gin in my martinis. Bombay Sapphire on the rocks. Not much of a vodka guy. Love a little Bailey's in my coffee.

Who is *hiccup* this Muss Willchamp guy? I can't believe Monty *hiccup* Kiffin is Auburn's new defensive president. DRINK!

*head lands on table*

Water? Water?

Don't get them wet after midnight?

Hey, good news though guys, Marlon Davidson is on campus for his official.

Could not pick a worse weekend to visit as a defensive recruit, especially our #1 recruit. But it is what it is. We still have nice spinach dip.

Poison of choice?

*head lands on table*

Water? Water?

Don't get them wet after midnight?

Lol W.C. Fields was way before that. He was well known for his affinity for alcohol. Read some of his quotes here. http://mobile.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/w_c_fields.html

I prefer Highlands scotch personally.

Which one? Liking Glenmorangie a lot at the moment. Wanting to get my hands on some Oban soon.

Poison of choice?

*head lands on table*

Loof...

We should grab a drink during a game sometime.

I'm a Macallan guy (usually the 12-year-old... 15 if I'm feeling frisky).

Hope nobody quotes that out of context.

You seem about as even-keeled as anyone on here.

Which one? Liking Glenmorangie a lot at the moment. Wanting to get my hands on some Oban soon.

Oban is fantastic.

Balvenie is another one I took a flyer on recently and was pleasantly surprised.

Maccallan. I don't have much experience with scotch in general. Mostly craft beer drinker unless someone breaks out some good dark liquor.

Just promote T-Rob to DC before we lose him and Will... Muschamp can coach outside linebackers should he decide to stay BD

Exactly. After all this, as long as he's here the media will be stirring up crap to make AU look like an unsettled situation. Promote T-Rob, tell Coach Hot Head if he wants to stay he can take a big pay cut and work for T-Rob as his LB coach. Otherwise, send security with CHH to clean out his desk.

He worked hard while he was here but this baggage he's allowed to accumulate over the past few days will not go away any time soon. As long as he's here we'll be subjected to his "short timer" status. Better to send him on his merry way right now.

FWIW Fbomb just stated as of right now Will is still a coach at Auburn...

I think it's because they have to wait until Sunday or something.

FWIW Fbomb just stated as of right now Will is still a coach at Auburn...

I think it's because they have to wait until Sunday or something.

AND, USCe is STILL interviewing candidates...don't forget that. Until things are finalized, you simply never know.

@SIPeteThamel: Source: South Florida coach Willie Taggart interviewing today at South Carolina. (Along with RichRod and Schiano).

Carolina isn't sold just yet...their fan base is not on board with the Muschamp move. AT ALL.

Ooof. Laphroaig. Bandaids in a bottle.

I ordered a glass of Lagavulin 16 one night and someone ashed their cigarette in it. Didn't affect the taste.

I like them all. Lagavulin is my favorite Islay. Had an ex-girlfriend from Texas who described it as 'Mesquite barbecue'. LOL

Highlands are good, too. Macallan is best.

Balvenie's a good Lowland. Very heathery.

Just promote T-Rob to DC before we lose him and Will... Muschamp can coach outside linebackers should he decide to stay BD

Exactly. After all this, as long as he's here the media will be stirring up crap to make AU look like an unsettled situation. Promote T-Rob, tell Coach Hot Head if he wants to stay he can take a big pay cut and work for T-Rob as his LB coach. Otherwise, send security with CHH to clean out his desk.

He worked hard while he was here but this baggage he's allowed to accumulate over the past few days will not go away any time soon. As long as he's here we'll be subjected to his "short timer" status. Better to send him on his merry way right now.

Mikey, remind me to never work for you. Although, you are probably right. We don't want to have to go through this same stinking mess every year.....

Well, at least we don't have to worry about UVA stealing him from us if USCe doesn't work out...https://twitter.com/cavs_corner/status/672903810340229120

Bronco Mendenhall from BYU...,

Well, at least we don't have to worry about UVA stealing him from us if USCe doesn't work out...https://twitter.com/cavs_corner/status/672903810340229120

Bronco Mendenhall from BYU...,

That is a fantastic hire.

Archived